10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Pepe Silvia

Plus I dont think Messi will be doing what CR7 is doing now at 33 years old. Scoring overhead kicks on the biggest stage in club football smh insane.
When has Messi EVER scored an overhead kick or relied on flash to measure his brilliance? He is the best ever because of his overall game play and footballing brain. You could make the same argument that CR couldn't drop down to midfield and create/build up the way Messi contributes to Barca. The overall play of Barca has regressed in Europe, and suddenly Messi is a bench player. Put Messi up front and build a team to supply him goals on a silver platter the way RM does, and Messi would put away 70+.

KingLeo10

He's not really the best in the world anymore imo.

funny thing is he's been decisive v juventus, chelsea, and atletico this season, but the utter disaster class he put up in the roma games overshadowed all of that. and i agree with you, he isn't. salah is or CR7 depending on what he serves up v bayern.

bismp

True,Salah deserves the BDOR so far this season.They are equals with Messi in domestic leagues,but he has outperformed pretty much everyone in the CL.Let's hope that Leo will create a miracle in the WC.

Pedro

La Masia
Ronaldo was shocking tonight, didn't have a kick, he's lucky his team mates bailed him out and now they're on their way to a 3rd CL final in a row omg which has never been done before...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Barca could never do for Leo what Real Madrid did tonight for Ronaldo. That’s a big part of the problem. If he has a game off in a CL tie like that these days, we are out.

Felipetonelo

Second game in a row that Cristiano did nothing. The "big game player" won a penalty to mask a terrible game against Juve and today was awful, no dribbles, no passes, no goals.
Some guys said terrible things about Messi performance against Roma, which indeed was not good, but praise Cristiano because of late goals scored.

Stoichkov1

Messi used to be what Salah was last night (a destroyer) but he is not like that anymore and hasn't been for a while. Messi just isn't as good as he used to be and Roma took advantage of that. 2008-2013 Messi and probably 15 would have destroyed that Roma team like Salah did last night but he has dropped a few levels down and it shows. Scoring hat tricks against Leganes isn't enough, you have to show up on the biggest stage of them all which is the CL. Messi is a flat track bully now. CR7 knows the CL is the most important and that is why he puts all his effort in that. He could beat Messi to the Pichichi if he really wanted to but he is being smart and conserving energy for the CL unlike Messi who wants to play every game.

That's why he was MOTM against Madrid in December or scored against Atletico.

If you didn't notice Real can win league games without Ronaldo who is rested almost every week while if Messi or Suarez don't perform Barca doesn't score.

If Ronaldo has an off night in CL Real still wins, if Messi disappears Barca concedes 3 goals against the 4th best Italian team.

Pepe Silvia

True,Salah deserves the BDOR so far this season.They are equals with Messi in domestic leagues,but he has outperformed pretty much everyone in the CL.Let's hope that Leo will create a miracle in the WC.
Dare say the most heavily contested BdO in the last 10 years???

Pedro

La Masia
well pedro you were right in ur prediction that ronaldo won't score tonight haha hopefully all of ur predictions will keep going strong ;)

I'm from the future mate ;), I think you were in the live chat when i said 5-0 Coutinho before it happened and 5 min later it was 5-0 Coutinho, also I usually get it right when Messi is going to score too.

Pedro

La Masia
His weakness is his dribbling, he can't dribble past even 1 player now. That's why he won't score tonight against Bayern, i'll bump this for you when that happens

I was right ;)

[MENTION=22279]TS88[/MENTION] Where are you hiding? Your boy was awful tonight, once of his worst performances

Last edited:

George_Costanza

That's why he was MOTM against Madrid in December or scored against Atletico.

If you didn't notice Real can win league games without Ronaldo who is rested almost every week while if Messi or Suarez don't perform Barca doesn't score.

If Ronaldo has an off night in CL Real still wins, if Messi disappears Barca concedes 3 goals against the 4th best Italian team.

It's more evident that the manager is useless and mostly depends on Messi performance. Messi played so well and won us the league but by March & April he is so exhausted and less motivated, hence fraud manager exposed. This being the story for the past 3-4 seasons.

Home of Barca Fans