12- Neymar (Brasil/GC Barcelona) 3
12- Marek Hamsik (Slovakia/Napoli SSC) 3
14-Thiago Alcantara (Spain/FC Bayern München) 1
14-Javier Pastore (Argentina/Paris SG) 1

F

FlaFCB

C1CtPTzWIAEehAL.jpg:large

[tw]815979522315218944[/tw]

There has been a lot of talk about using statistics for player comparisons in Barça twitter, with a lot of people claiming that “it’s a shame we live in an era where everyone wants to compare players based on stats” or similar. This happens mostly due to the fact that another player won the Ballon d’Or for 2016 and somehow there are people out there who think that this has happened because stats back it. Actually, in the vast majority of the cases stats show what is visible to the eye and maybe give further arguments about it. This is true for Messi also. Most of the people consider Messi as the best player and the most complete attacker in the world in the last years and that is what the stats will tell you too. That is what I have found out in my small works on Messi and what many other people have done elsewhere. Messi and stats are good friends.

This guy reads bf or wat

ManusXavi

*offtopic* (or rather un-flowing)

Lionel Messi has never been a favourite of mine. Now lets not go full retard here if I had to make a World 11 to represent earth for my survival he is an automatic pick in my team because of his ability. He would join my front line with R9 and Ronaldinho with Neymar as my substitute
Just because I am a Barcelona fan doesn't mean I have to have Messi as a favourite.
I'll never buy a shirt with his name on it and he will never be on my World XI lists.

So why do I have this 'lack of support' for Messi. It is Nothing to do with Messi as a football player. I can't say he isn't entertaining. Maybe abit of a robotic appearance at times but for someone to deny entertainment value and 'the wow-factor is odd with what Messi has managed to show.

It is the perceived lack of recognition to Barcelona's success in regard to Guardiola, Busquets, Puyol, Xavi and Iniesta when it comes those those who are not true Barcelona fans and/or not recognising the value of those players in the success of Barcelona.
Many have recognised how important those players were.
If Messi had not reached the grand heights he did I feel I would definitely support Messi more than I do

Home of Barca Fans