10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Horatio

You're welcome
He was the only reason we came close to Madrid last season, he was unplayable in the league. Was a one man army, still fucking unbelievable for most of this season, but I still preferred his play from last year, but it's good we aren't relying on his AS much as we used to.

My point is just because Messi seemed more eager last season doesn't imply a decline. He was fired up as well because of that Copa America loss.

FCBfan22

maxresdefault.jpg

JamDav1982

He was the only reason we came close to Madrid last season, he was unplayable in the league. Was a one man army, still fucking unbelievable for most of this season, but I still preferred his play from last year, but it's good we aren't relying on his AS much as we used to.

No he wasnt.

There were a lot of players that stepped up at important moments.

Messi was the best player but seems to be affecting games more this season. Depending on how he does in CL will determine how good he has been really.

FinBarcelonafan

I think that after Messi I will stop watching football. After more than 10 years of eating caviar it will be close to impossible to get used to junk food.

Haha well said. I don't even want to think about it. I just want to enjoy these last moments of Messi greatness.

No he wasnt.

Messi was the best player but seems to be affecting games more this season. Depending on how he does in CL will determine how good he has been really.

Decent point, I'm basing my evaluation on what I've seen thus far. Still half a season to go, as good as he was in the league last season he was dire in the CL for the most part. A decent showing in the CL will elevate this season above his last.

serghei

No he wasnt.

Yea, CL has been an issue for Messi since 14-15. Not that great vs Atletico and Juventus. Team didn't help either.

My point is just because Messi seemed more eager last season doesn't imply a decline. He was fired up as well because of that Copa America loss.

Sure. A lot of how he plays has to do with what mood he's in rather than his actual skill level which is obviously off the charts. Hope he just wakes up in the CL this time around.

JamDav1982

Decent point, I'm basing my evaluation on what I've seen thus far. Still half a season to go, as good as he was in the league last season he was dire in the CL for the most part. A decent showing in the CL will elevate this season above his last.

The system fucked him up a bit last season in CL in my opinion.

It got too easy for opposition to sit deep and defend the penalty box. There was no real shape and Messi against best defences was left needing to make an unbelievable pass to open them up or Ney needed to beat 4/5 men.

Teams sit deeper now there is more width on both sides and even more threat with balls into box etc with Paulinho if need it.

This team just gives Messi more options in my opinion. There is no real reason for him not to shine in CL.

RMU ReBorn

Absolutely . He scored in Seville , Mestella , Calderon , Bernabue , Villareal , Anoeta last season which is phenomenal considering how deep he had to play . Still remember what commentators said after his brace in Bernabue " Messi has just exploded La liga in to life" :worthy: If only we had a better midfield and Neymar being bit more clinical in finishing :(

clemente

We are too used to his performances, he deserves extra praise, one day we won't have someone who just make sures we are the favourites in every single game no matter what.

bismp

IMO he was better last season,but if he can keep up this performance and win the CL,then this season will definitely end up ranking really high :D

Home of Barca Fans