10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

Great news! Messi belongs to barca. If he plays until 34 years old and then retires or moves to rosario I hope we will win atleast 1 more cl and (including this year) 3 la liga titles and 650+ goals in total!

Morten

Quite the insane contract for someone who is 31 year next summer.
But then again, no one can replace Messi, so i guess its worth it, and it wouldnt be good for LL if he left.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is best news in a while and I will cherish his remaining years in Barca shirt.

I am thankful my 3 y.o. already knows Messi so in a sense legacy goes on.

xXKonan

Had no doubt he would renew.

It's also laughable just how a certain group of people were so desperate for Messi to leave and join Pep at City, called themselves Barca fans. They wanted Messi to leave so he wouldn't waste his remaining years and hope that Messi leaving would be the end of the current board.

But from what I've seen a lot of them seemed to care more about this move for the sake of Pep than that of Barca and Messi.

Devils

Had no doubt he would renew.

It's also laughable just how a certain group of people were so desperate for Messi to leave and join Pep at City, called themselves Barca fans. They wanted Messi to leave so he wouldn't waste his remaining years and hope that Messi leaving would be the end of the current board.

But from what I've seen a lot of them seemed to care more about this move for the sake of Pep than that of Barca and Messi.

What's funny is that people actually thought he would walk away, for free.

I'm amazed after all these years people doubt his loyalty to this club to the extent that they believed he would just run down his contract and walk out the door. He was never going to betray the club like that.

In regards to the money we are offering him, to me, he's worth every penny and more.

FCBfan22

I think he will be offered the same contract as Iniesta when this one runs out. It's the only logical thing to do.

Mitchell1978

Even as more of a Messi-fan then a barca-fan, Messi belongs at FC Barcelona and seeing him at another (European) Club just wouldn't feel right.
I still think its possible he finishes his career at Newells Old Boys.

Windhook

Well, I don't expect everyone on this forum to be a FC Barcelona supporter. There are individual player fans all over the world. Just an example - I was obsessed with Michael Jordan as a kid, had posters all over my room, but I never considered myself a Chicago Bulls fan.

Last season we had the Neymar worshippers everywhere, nowadays these members hardly post outside of Qatar FC and Moneymar Jr. threads.

Problem is when you call yourself a Barcelona fan and wish the greatest player in club's history to leave just because Bartomeu is bad for the club. That is so naive.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Even as more of a Messi-fan then a barca-fan, Messi belongs at FC Barcelona and seeing him at another (European) Club just wouldn't feel right.
I still think its possible he finishes his career at Newells Old Boys.

If he will still want to return to Argentina in 2021, I don't think there will be a Barca fan who will hold it against him. I do think he will stay (or retire) though as he raised his family in Barcelona and it's not that easy to uproot them to another continent.

Home of Barca Fans