10 - Lionel Messi - v5

M

MessiCam

This game right here shows why Messi shouldn’t be paired with a striker through the centre. He will just drop deeper and deeper because he’s not the focal point of the attack. Such a waste.

Play him as a wing or False 9.

Messi-Manchester-City.jpg

raki

Yeah, been looking that way for the last month or so, I feel. Lost quite a bit of that crazy form at the start of the season. Hopefully he returns to Barcelona after this game and doesn't play against Nigeria.

He will not play.Tomorrow returns to Bbarcelona.

What a gola he almost scored. Some handball shit.

https://streamable.com/kxfxq

Last edited:

Ripsta

Messi needs to rest, he's looking visibly tired on the pitch, he's 30 now, he can't be playing every match like he used to.

If you'd said that 10 years ago you'd be laughed at.

I cannot believe how much fans try and mollycoddle players these days. Turning 30 doesn't automatically mean you need more rest or have to pace yourself, you're still a young man at that age, and once upon a time it was considered a players peak.

He's not looking tired at all to me, if anything today would likely be jet lag, and quite frankly it'd be a fucking joke if he was feeling tired. He covers the least ground per game and we're only in November.

Xaviniesta

Im trying to understand if he has a position under Valverde?

At least Lucho had the balls to tell Messi to stay at RW for a season.

Im trying to understand if he has a position under Valverde?

At least Lucho had the balls to tell Messi to stay at RW for a season.

Messi decided to play RW himself, Lucho had no say in it. No coach can tell Messi what to do, he does what he feels like doing and he's good enough that nobody's going to question him.

Ritchie

I don't want Messi to go but by staying he'll waste the last good years of his career.

It's going to take a few years to rebuild this Barca side into CL contenders again and then it's dependent on the board buying the right players. Then you've got Pique, Suarez, Masch and Iniesta all over 30, Alba and Busquets around 30 and Messi himself. Most of these players have no transfer value but will cost a fortune to replace.

Messi is reaching the point where he needs to take more of a back seat, not carry a substandard midfield for club and country. Penaldo just stays in the box most of the time now and waits for service. It's no wonder Messi looks tired. If he went to City he'd have others to do a lot of the legwork and create for him as well. Barca managed to miss out on De Bruyne, Jesus and Sane.

Last edited:

gasgas

So you guys are advocating quitting and moving on when times get hard?

No wonder divorces are on the rise in real life as well.
If your spouse doesn't give what he should/used to give, you help them out and stick with them through the good times and the bad times.
You help them change. Iron sharpens iron.

Same with Messi, he has a position in Barcelona many can dream of. Use it to pressure the club till when it starts doing what it should do.

Too selfish the people today. It's all about "me" and what "I" can get to satisfy my "desires" and "ambitions" :rolleyes:

M

MessiCam

If your spouse doesn't give what he should/used to give, you help them out and stick with them through the good times and the bad times.

Same with Messi, he has a position in Barcelona many can dream of. Use it to pressure the club till when it starts doing what it should do.

Too selfish the people today. It's all about "me" and what "I" can get to satisfy my "desires" and "ambitions" :rolleyes:

As I’ve already said, I don’t want Messi to leave but no amount of pressure from him is going to make a difference. His pressure can’t force other clubs to release their players. Then we have the precarious position that Messi is putting the club in with his refusal or delay in signing the papers.

Do you think Barça can allow him the freedom of openly negotiating with other clubs purely because he is Messi or wait for him to consider proposals that come his way. It’s ridiculous. I’m a Barça fan not a Messi fan so it’s either he signs the contract he’s already agreed to or comes out and says I want to leave or is considering it. There are 7 weeks until he can do as he pleases...

Edit: Your married couple comparison makes no sense. It’s like me openly allowing my wife to flirt with other men with the expectation that she remain faithful for a period (no pun intended) only to file for divorce on a certain date.

Last edited:

gasgas

As I’ve already said, I don’t want Messi to leave but no amount of pressure from him is going to make a difference. His pressure can’t force other clubs to release their players. Then we have the precarious position that Messi is putting the club in with his refusal or delay in signing the papers.

Do you think Barça can allow him the freedom of openly negotiating with other clubs purely because he is Messi or wait for him to consider proposals that come his way. It’s ridiculous. I’m a Barça fan not a Messi fan so it’s either he signs the contract he’s already agreed to or comes out and says I want to leave or is considering it. There are 7 weeks until he can do as he pleases...

Edit: Your married couple comparison makes no sense. It’s like me openly allowing my wife to flirt with other men with the expectation that she remain faithful for a period (no pun intended) only to file for divorce on a certain date.

You missed my initial statement

"Stick with your spouse through the good times and the bad times". The present times are not even that bad, think Milan for example

In the process of sticking out, he can pressure the board to improve the team. If they fail still "stick it out"

It doesn't necessarily involve discussing with other teams, but there's a lot more he can do to pressure the board.

Not signing thus far is one of them, hinting on reasons for his delay in media when called upon is another.

He has a unique position.

When Messi coughs the whole football world listens.

Even if it fails, stick it out. Messi may have ambitions etc.

But the club also has given him all he wants throughout his career. Found him, helped build him up in la masia, paid his expensive medical treatment, gave him A fine team, Fine mentors, a pay raise whenever he wanted and he has a huge say on whatever the club does sporting wise.

And he has given back to the club through his performances.

If he can't hold on during these temporary bad times (yeah we are in trouble :lol:) says a lot about his love fot the club in the first place. Just letting go because of a temporary bad patches, just because of the self centered big ambitions?

Some spouses (like me hopefully) would hold on to my spouse even when she gets a cervical spine injury and lays vegetatively, ventilator depended the rest of their lives because it is not about me, it is about us.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
We are still a top team and can beat any other club in Europe. We comfortably top the league and did not slip against the few tough opponents we faced this year (Juve & Atletico + trip to San Mames).
City and PSG are probably the two teams in Europa that look best right now but they have yet to prove they are able to go all the way in CL.

And some in here have that weird wish to see Messi play for another club because he could win more trophies there. First of all that is probably not the case and which fan who is in the right mind would see any positive in Messi leaving Barca?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Well put.

Home of Barca Fans