10 - Lionel Messi - v5

El Barcelona

Hope he doesn't leave but I have the feeling that it could happen now. I don't blame him if this is what he wants after all he gave for the club. I'm a big Messi fan (named my son after him) and would follow him with his 'new' club but Barca will always be my heart. Hope he signs that deal and stays here for many more years but time is ticking!

Last edited:

Ritchie

I think for him he needs to leave. It's not fair on him to carry the team for the rest of his good years with next to no chance of another CL and continue to miss out on ballon d'or as a result and ruin his legacy. It's sad to watch Barca now. This board have failed him by letting the team go to shit and Neymar going was the final straw for him combined with the sharp decline of Suarez. Even with MSN the midfield had gone to shit. Now there's no midfield and without Messi no attack either.

In hindsight he should have left last summer for City, got Barca a ton of cash and then let Neymar be the centre of the team which he demanded.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Can't believe some of these comments from alleged Barca fans. Wishing Messi to leave.. :facepalm:

It is embarrassing and they are Messi fans really not Barca fans.

Same folk who if Ronaldo decided to leave a poorer Real for a side like City that would be called taking the easy option, glory hunting etc.

This idea that Messi is single handedly winning with a poor Barca side is a load of shit as well. Go look how many times he has been named one of the top players in recent weeks on here.

He is Barcas best player but he isnt single handedly winning anything. Hasnt at any point over past few years and wont going forward. Its impossible.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

I’m a Barcelona fan first and foremost and I really don’t want Messi to leave. His story with the club is the stuff of legend... But I’m also not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend that all is well. If he wants to stay then he must sign the papers to a contract he has already agreed to and if he wants to leave then he must come out and say so. His meandering is putting the club in a precarious position and I don’t like it.

In our current state we will suffer without him but fuck him if he thinks he can keep the club hanging on a thread.

raskolnikov

It is embarrassing and they are Messi fans really not Barca fans.

Same folk who if Ronaldo decided to leave a poorer Real for a side like City that would be called taking the easy option, glory hunting etc.

This idea that Messi is single handedly winning with a poor Barca side is a load of shit as well. Go look how many times he has been named one of the top players in recent weeks on here.

He is Barcas best player but he isnt single handedly winning anything. Hasnt at any point over past few years and wont going forward. Its impossible.
Doesnt it get tiresome to constantly go against the grain with everything?

M

MessiCam

Doesnt it get tiresome to constantly go against the grain with everything?

But he is right. Messi is by a country mile our best player and his contributions are significant but he isn’t winning shit on his own.

Last edited:

Alik

Of course he isn't winning on his own, that's just a hyperbole. That being said, I think that without him we'd be 5th in the league right now.

JamDav1982

Tied with RM and Atletico, but with less goal difference :p

Hypothetical discussion really and he is clearly the best attacking player in team.

Barca without TS could be further down league. Or Umtiti.

Could say same about Paulinho or Roberto even Denis.

Home of Barca Fans