10 - Lionel Messi - v5

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messi is literally a once in a lifetime talent. It's not even remotely difficult to maintain a spot as the top 1 or 2 team in football for a decade when you have Messi and when the starting point of this team was 2011 Barcelona. To have him yet butcher his team and its trajectory so woefully is among the biggest disgraces in football history. The club is NOT infallible over the player and what Farto and this board have done to his legacy is utterly ridiculous.

If anything, being OK with what the leaders of this club are doing to Messi right now makes me question whether people are Barca fans. Far more than wanting what's best for Messi considering he is the savior of this club and the absolute legend. Logically speaking, I don't see much wrong with wanting what's best for Messi considering that the FACT is that this team will remain utter shite whether he's here or not as long as Farto is at the helm.

And what exactly are they doing to Messi? Not just Messi suffers from horrendous management, it is the whole team and the club.
The club will remain shite regardless of Messi's potential tranfer, yes. The degrees of this however vary immensely. If Messi leaves, Barca will become the weakest top club in instant, especially considering Suarez's decline and Neymar's departure. I reckon we won't reach the lows of Milan, but Madrid will certainly dominate us in La Liga for quite a few years until the rebuilding (if that even happens) and CL will become just a dream. With Messi in our side, at least, up until the very end of his career, we will remain contenders for La Liga at least and be able to compete with Madrid. Without him, that's not possible.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I noticed he went straight to the dressing room while the rest of our team shaked hands with everyone and all those formalities after the game ends.

Must have been very frustrated.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
And what exactly are they doing to Messi? Not just Messi suffers from horrendous management, it is the whole team and the club.
The club will remain shite regardless of Messi's potential tranfer, yes. The degrees of this however vary immensely. If Messi leaves, Barca will become the weakest top club in instant, especially considering Suarez's decline and Neymar's departure. I reckon we won't reach the lows of Milan, but Madrid will certainly dominate us in La Liga for quite a few years until the rebuilding (if that even happens) and CL will become just a dream. With Messi in our side, at least, up until the very end of his career, we will remain contenders for La Liga at least and be able to compete with Madrid. Without him, that's not possible.

Fair enough, I wasn't actually advocating for Messi leaving Barca if that's what it seemed (not that I would blame him whatsoever if he did). Just that I can understand people wanting to save Messi's legacy when everything else is quite clearly going to shit. Especially when the state of the team looks like we genuinely can't compete for the CL and only really for la liga because of the early lead we got.

It's just a natural reaction to the unfortunate situation this team has been stuck in. He's by far the most valuable symbol at this club and there's no way you can condemn Barca fans for wanting Messi to experience a perfect career after all that he's given us. Can't really fault people for wanting to save Messi when the ship is most likely sinking either way, this mentality is only borne of the extreme levels of frustration caused by Farto and his cronies.

M

MessiCam

I noticed he went straight to the dressing room while the rest of our team shaked hands with everyone and all those formalities after the game ends.

Must have been very frustrated.
He’s being partnered with a donkey.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What a load of utter shite.

Bunch of bed wetters.

This isnt a Barca fans forum anymore it is a place for folk to moan and pish the bed every week.

Or maybe it's a place for you to throw endless tantrums against those who express any opposition to the state of this club and the way it's being run. Don't think you ever have or will show frustration about the unimpeded decline of this team, but the world will surely end before Jamdav refuses a chance to lash out at those critical to the board. Your game is old, and practically everyone here knows it.

Truthist

There is seriously no one he can link up with. The only guy he can is Iniesta who himself has to cover so much ground to get near Messi's area of the pitch.

Tonight his head totally dropped in the second half, he passes to Suarez or Deulofeu and the ball is lost before he looks up.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi is literally a once in a lifetime talent. It's not even remotely difficult to maintain a spot as the top 1 or 2 team in football for a decade when you have Messi and when the starting point of this team was 2011 Barcelona. To have him yet butcher his team and its trajectory so woefully is among the biggest disgraces in football history. The club is NOT infallible over the player and what Farto and this board have done to his legacy is utterly ridiculous.

If anything, being OK with what the leaders of this club are doing to Messi right now makes me question whether people are Barca fans. Far more than wanting what's best for Messi considering he is the savior of this club and the absolute legend. Logically speaking, I don't see much wrong with wanting what's best for Messi considering that the FACT is that this team will remain utter shite whether he's here or not as long as Farto is at the helm.

I think most sane Barca fans have voiced their concern (to put it mildly) about many of the decisions that the club made over transfers and personnel issues and the state of the management under Bartomeu. There is nothing we can do other than expressing ourselves on places like this forum. But what can we do and what should we do? Wishing that Messi would leave so he can cement his legacy? Messi fans certainly will want that, but not Barca fans.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu yesterday said; Things are not always easy, but the photo with Messi will come.

When asked to clarify the deal with Messi's contract.

That doesn't sound right. He got the time to pose with Iniesta, with Palencia, why not Messi yet? What's the problem?

They have to get this done, but also be transparent about it.

sickstar

I think most sane Barca fans have voiced their concern (to put it mildly) about many of the decisions that the club made over transfers and personnel issues and the state of the management under Bartomeu. There is nothing we can do other than expressing ourselves on places like this forum. But what can we do and what should we do? Wishing that Messi would leave so he can cement his legacy? Messi fans certainly will want that, but not Barca fans.

The thing is, it's not that many of Barca fans want Messi to leave, it's simply just unleashing the tension and frustration.

And we know that it's not about the salary increase...

maxresdefault.jpg

messimockup2.jpg

Looks great in the baby blue, the sooner Leo goes to City the sooner I can transition into becoming a fan of a team that can actually win the CL!

Home of Barca Fans