10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Windhook

The idea of it being Peps legacy comes from the man himself. Now obviously that could change but very recently in private that is what he has been saying is the plan. He is there for the long haul.

Now hold on there! Private? Are you wiretapping the man or you are quoting the yellow press?

All I know is there is pattern about Josep Guardiola and him not staying for too long at one place. Barcelona, New York, Munchen, Manchester. If he fails again in 1/2 finals of CL in the next 2 years I bet he will move to Italy to manage some of the Milano former giants.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for not speaking English, Tevez never learned it and Aguero still can't speak English lol

I think he might even be better in English than Aguero considering how much time he spends in London or other places with Antonella and Cesc and his wife.

I doubt he'll leave though. At least hope he doesn't.

Won't mind if he pushes the club to make better signings though to put pressure on this pathetic management and board.

JamDav1982

As for not speaking English, Tevez never learned it and Aguero still can't speak English lol

I think he might even be better in English than Aguero considering how much time he spends in London with Antonella and Cesc and his wife.

Aguero does speak English. Tevez spoke it as well to an extent.

Sure I read Antonio Valencia cant speak a word though.

JamDav1982

Now hold on there! Private? Are you wiretapping the man or you are quoting the yellow press?

All I know is there is pattern about Josep Guardiola and him not staying for too long at one place. Barcelona, New York, Munchen, Manchester. If he fails again in 1/2 finals of CL in the next 2 years I bet he will move to Italy to manage some of the Milano former giants.

Not from press. Directly from Pep. Know someone who spent a lot of time with him recently.

Few stories to be told about Mr Pep.

M

MessiCam

The idea of it being Peps legacy comes from the man himself. Now obviously that could change but very recently in private that is what he has been saying is the plan. He is there for the long haul.
That kind of legacy in England? The better Premiership teams break his press with long balls and being physical in winning that second ball.

Teams that counter attack really quickly have always been a weakness for Pep’s tactics. It’s still being felt at Barca today.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful brand of football but it won’t last long in the Premier League.

JamDav1982

That kind of legacy in England? The better Premiership teams break his press with long balls and being physical in winning that second ball.

Teams that counter attack really quickly have always been a weakness for Pep’s tactics. It’s still being felt at Barca today.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a wonderful brand of football but it won’t last long in the Premier League.

It can last in the EPL and that is the challenge of leaving a legacy of a team that plays that way in a league some think impossible succeed long term playing.

Very few teams in England play the long ball. Certainly barely any of top teams do and even at Barca teams tried to break the press by going direct.

Windhook

Not from press. Directly from Pep. Know someone who spent a lot of time with him recently.

Few stories to be told about Mr Pep.

Yeah. Well, don't believe your someones.

I have few friends who are in close contact with key players of Ludogorets Razgrad. 99% of the stuff these friends of mine share is bullshit. Just to make conversations more interesting.

Stoichkov1

Pep plans on staying longer at City than did at Barca or Bayern. He sees that club as being his legacy of leaving it with a style the way Cruyff did at Barca.

Messi and Pep were not the greatest buddies at Barca by end anyway. Not sure Messi has this great desire to go play with him as much is made out.

Why? Pep always praises Messi whenever he can.

JamDav1982

Yeah. Well, don't believe your someones.

I have few friends who are in close contact with key players of Ludogorets Razgrad. 99% of the stuff these friends of mine share is bullshit. Just to make conversations more interesting.

I dont care if you believe it or not but what was told to me is what he was saying at the time and other stuff he said Pep was doing was backed up as well.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Long balls are a proven losing tactic against smart football teams, almost without fail. Physicality and winning duels is great and all but you can't just create superiority through physical play. Positioning, high press, and forcing errors are a MUCH more reliable way to consistently win that 2nd ball and recover loose balls from errors. Teams that try desperate long balls and allow City to keep pinning them back in their half are playing right into Pep's hands and it's why he'll rack up plenty of blowout wins against the worse English sides. They also dominated Liverpool with this style of play and were dominating Chelsea despite the draw.

JamDav1982

Long balls are a proven losing tactic against smart football teams, almost without fail. Physicality and winning duels is great and all but you can't just create superiority through physical play. Positioning, high press, and forcing errors are a MUCH more reliable way to consistently win that 2nd ball and recover loose balls from errors. Teams that try desperate long balls and allow City to keep pinning them back in their half are playing right into Pep's hands and it's why he'll rack up plenty of blowout wins against the worse English sides. They also dominated Liverpool with this style of play and were dominating Chelsea despite the draw.

Liverpool were the better team up until Mane red card even though City were 1-0 up they were looking more dangerous.

City beat Chelsea and were brilliant in that game to be fair.

Home of Barca Fans