10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Givenchy

If Messi plays poorly and walks about making little impact he will deserve it.

He played well v Peru and needs to play well again tonight.

that wasnt my point though. if he plays poorly sure he deserves criticism but i was talking about the altitude issue

JamDav1982

that wasnt my point though. if he plays poorly sure he deserves criticism but i was talking about the altitude issue

Altitude will affect every Argie player others have gone there and played well.

Not really sure what your point is. Do you think it is impossible for him to make an impact in this game due to altitude?

One of the biggest games of his career, I'm not expecting him to dominate the entire match, but rather to put in a good effort and put it all on the line. If he zones out, isolates himself and starts walking it will be a black mark on his legacy.

Givenchy

Altitude will affect every Argie player others have gone there and played well.

Not really sure what your point is. Do you think it is impossible for him to make an impact in this game due to altitude?

my point was that yes it will affect every player on the pitch, but Messi will be the scapegoat as usual. you'll say 'well thats what being hailed the goat is all about' but its unfair and unjustified usually. im anticipating a scrappy game with 1 goal winning it.

JamDav1982

my point was that yes it will affect every player on the pitch, but Messi will be the scapegoat as usual. you'll say 'well thats what being hailed the goat is all about' but its unfair and unjustified usually. im anticipating a scrappy game with 1 goal winning it.

He wont be the scape goat but if he fails to turn up and doesnt move much or look to inspire them to a win he will rightfully get called out on it.

Feels like you making excuses before a ball is kicked more than anything.

Altitude has not stopped other top players and teams going there and battering them this campaign.

If he plays well and looks to make things happen and they still dont make it that would be unfair if gets crtiticised. Not if he plays badly.

clemente

Madrid fans will have content for a decade if Argentina doesn't win this, and why do I not get notifications anymore when someone mentions me in forum??

MessiTHEgoat

One of the biggest games of his career, I'm not expecting him to dominate the entire match, but rather to put in a good effort and put it all on the line. If he zones out, isolates himself and starts walking it will be a black mark on his legacy.

I thought that too when they played peru, I expected him to run across all the pitch but that was not his style of play.

unfortenately the players at argentina don't get when and where to pass him the ball. or to play 1 & 2 with inside the box. like barca players do

messi has a crazy control so it doesn't matter even if there's 1/2 metre of space he'll still make something of it.

2- argentina players aren't as good passers as barca's players. when messi's asking for the ball they don't give it to him because there's a big risk they'll lose the possession (the opposite team's players are always closely marking him).

Home of Barca Fans