10 - Lionel Messi - v5

dakt

We expect full report!

Will do. In the meantime I hope Catalans won't stand up for a revolution and possibly postpone that after my departure...or at least after the game so I can join the crowds in the streets with hayfork and a torch.

Givenchy

Messi hasn't even had a BAD international career.. he reached a world cup final and lost to the favourites, 2 Copa america finals. people look at the team sheet and call Messi a failuire without looking at the bigger picture.

its a damn shame he didn't choose to represent Spain but the debate would still be the same; 'Messi won the world cup because Xaviesta were supplying him, can't win without them' and even now he carries our shit as fuck midfield at Barca and nobody wants to bring that up anymore. Eder winning that Euros for Portugal disgusts me to this day, what were they even thinking letting 3rd teams in the group go through? :lol: ofcourse history will have that as the match Ronaldo lead the peasant portugal team to a heroic victory. then we have the south american WC qualifers which are real dogfights, compare that to our European ones its hilarious.

i don't know about others but for me international football has become a bore (im from England so i guess that would explain why :facepalm:) and a world cup without the GOAT will really bring down the WC for me.

CuleLife4Life

I think they'll make it but no way they actually do anything in Russia unless they replace everyone but Messi and a select 2-3. Messi has the incredibly bad luck of being stuck in the most pathetic and cowardly Argentine generation ever produced and there is no sign of a new generation to take the reigns. Guys like Dybala and Icardi are ok but they need new blood in pretty much every where.

ManusXavi

Moises Llorens works for AS, but is IMO more reliable than most MD and Sport journalists as he's independent and not working on the back of what the board is instructing him to write.
[tw]917001510424334336[/tw]

IMO it Barcelona or Newell Old Boys. Champions League title. Messi will also be aware that he has to allow a few seasons with N.O.B to win the Champions League. For me it is 60% likely he doesn't renew his contract

Edit: I also think Messi made his decision a long time ago what ever it is.
The death of his old Newell Boys coach at the start of 2017 won't have made any impact on his decision. Also if I am Lionel Messi i wouldn't want anyone to know. That news just doesn't stay quiet. I don't want to be reminded everyday of how sad everyone is that i am leaving or for it to be brought up at most press conferences. Only he knows. . . .not even his wife.
Edit again: Ok let's be honest his wife will know

Last edited:

FCBfan22

IMO it Barcelona or Newell Old Boys. Champions League title. Messi will also be aware that he has to allow a few seasons with N.O.B to win the Champions League. For me it is 60% likely he doesn't renew his contract

Edit: I also think Messi made his decision a long time ago what ever it is.
The death of his old Newell Boys coach at the start of 2017 won't have made any impact on his decision. Also if I am Lionel Messi i wouldn't want anyone to know. That news just doesn't stay quiet. I don't want to be reminded everyday of how sad everyone is that i am leaving or for it to be brought up at most press conferences. Only he knows. . . .not even his wife.
Edit again: Ok let's be honest his wife will know

If Messi doesn't renew, Bartomeu is a dead man walking.

Neymessi

My gut feeling says finally everyone apart from messi will have a great game and will smash ecuador like a team.

M

MessiCam

I find Sampaoli's ramblings disgusting to be honest. He is not even hiding the fact that he is totally reliant on Messi...

What happened to Argentina being a team?

raskolnikov

Argentina should play counter football. That seemed to work under Sabella and they have a better chance of pulling that of than whatever they try now. Which is basically something like, pas to messi, nobody is moving, just do something!

M

MessiCam

Argentina should play counter football. That seemed to work under Sabella and they have a better chance of pulling that of than whatever they try now. Which is basically something like, pas to messi, nobody is moving, just do something!

That's not what they're trying. They played very attractive football in the first half against Peru if I'm going to be honest. Passing was quick and crisp but they lacked in the final third. Counter attack football will not work when you can't finish.

Messi983

That's not what they're trying. They played very attractive football in the first half against Peru if I'm going to be honest. Passing was quick and crisp but they lacked in the final third. Counter attack football will not work when you can't finish.

No type of football will work when you can't finish. ;)

kollegah

My gut feeling says finally everyone apart from messi will have a great game and will smash ecuador like a team.

I could not care less, even if messi misses 3 penalties in that game and ARG manages to win, I'd still be happy.

I can imagine if ARG glides out of WC, messi will be devastated and it will also affect his barca performances

Windhook

Argentina has been a mess for a long time, Sampaoli isn't the problem here tbh.

True that. I didn't mean Sampaoli is the problem, but everyone will blame him in a bad scenario.

I'm thinking of staying awake to watch the game, it starts about 02:30 in the morning (Eastern European time), just to support my favorite man.

clemente

Same, will stay up to 2:30 am. Happened too many times where I stayed up so late just to see Argentina lose. They will play again with that sorry ass team, even Acuna won't play who is their 3rd best player, and they will probably play with 3 at the back against those fast wingers, hope Sampaoli isnt fixing matches or some shit.

Home of Barca Fans