10 - Lionel Messi - v5

KiX7777

How can one blame Messi, we would lose draw or lose every game without him

He can't play alone, he needs at least little support , which he doesn't get.

If he doesn't go too deep then we have absolutely no ideas or tactics.

oggmar

It's hard to blame Messi when the service is absolutely garbage without Iniesta, Busquets I thought he played well enough and created a couple of good chances

BBZ8800

This is repeating every season.

MSN can't play 60 matches per season without a rest.

Messi in 2017:
5th January Cdr vs Bilbao (why?)
8th Jan, La Liga Villareal
11th Jan, Cdr Bilbao (why?)
14th Jan, La Liga Las Palmas
19th Jan, Cdr Sociedad (why?)
22nd Jan, La Liga Eibar
26th Jan, Cdr Sociedad (why?)
29th Jan, La Liga Betis

In the last 25 days, he played 8 matches (Sunday-Wednesday all the time), each time full 90 minutes.

Let's check our schedule in upcoming few weeks:
1st Feb, CDR Atletico away
4th Feb, La Liga Bilbao home
7th Feb, CDR Atletico home
11th Feb, La Liga Alaves away
14th Feb, CL PSG away
19th Feb, La Liga Leganes home
-- one week of rest
26th Feb, La Liga Atletico away
1st Mar, La Liga Gijon home
5th March, La Liga Celta home
8th March, CL PSG home

We will now have 10 matches in a row (2 matches per week) with only 1 week when we won't have matches on Wednesday.

From January 5th till 8th March, Barcelona will play 18 matches.
10 in La liga, 6 in CDR, 2 in Champions league.

Messi is rarely rested, so he will probably play either ALL 18 matches or he will be rested once (Leganes or Gijon at home) and play 17 matches in 2 Months.

In the last 3-4 seasons, Messi was usually tired in spring and people often spotted during matches that he is walking much more and that he runs much less than usual.
So, this year, he is 1 year older again, and Lucho keeps on playing in every fuc*ing match over and over.

Will anyone be surprised if our key player, Messi, will be dead tired and not even close to his 100% in key CL matches in March and April when we'll face tough 1/8 and 1/4 CL opponents.

When another defeat in a CL will happen (like 2 against Atletico), we will wonder what went wrong (injuries, bad luck, bad refs etc).

Messi is not a kid anymore, we need to rest him and save for key matches.
He can't play every single La liga match for 90 minutes and also almost all CDR matches.

Only 2-3 days ago, we laughed at RM for getting knocked out in CDR.
I can't help a feeling that they are laughing their asses now and thinking: ok, Barca will get CDR, we will get La liga, and we'll see what will happen in a CL (but Barca wil be dead tired by then also).

Last edited:

kilian

It's hard to blame Messi when the service is absolutely garbage without Iniesta, Busquets I thought he played well enough and created a couple of good chances

You can`t have service when you don`t move off the ball. We all know that he conserves his energy and bursts into runs in crucial moments, but to be lazy as he was today is really bad. There was a moment when Vidal had the ball high up the pitch in some kind of a semi counter-attack. He was surrounded by three players and Messi just stood 20 meters from him and watched him losing the ball. And he is on paper a right winger.

You have to fucking move to get the ball, not just wait for it to come. We can`t always blame other players. He is a level above every player on the planet, but that doesn`t mean shit if he just walks and is practically out of the match for the bigger part of 90 minutes.

We seriously need a new coach who will motivate him again or change our tactics to nullify his lack of movement without the ball, because this current system is falling apart.

Cool

He is a legend which needs to be rested, he cant always carry the team on his shoulders and bail us out all the time.

Im not calling for Lucho's head or anything, I want him to finish this season and even if he manages to win the CL and CdR, I will still want him to walk away proud with his accomplishments.

Every team knows that when they shut down MSN and press us, we began to fumble our plan, especially when they contain MSN, he does not have a plan B let alone a plan C.

In these type of games where Messi is struggling and Suarez is misplacing (thanks for the goal) every pass and Neymar is missing every shot, we need a plan B.

Pepfan

He is a legend which needs to be rested, he cant always carry the team on his shoulders and bail us out all the time.

Im not calling for Lucho's head or anything, I want him to finish this season and even if he manages to win the CL and CdR, I will still want him to walk away proud with his accomplishments.

Every team knows that when they shut down MSN and press us, we began to fumble our plan, especially when they contain MSN, he does not have a plan B let alone a plan C.

In these type of games where Messi is struggling and Suarez is misplacing (thanks for the goal) every pass and Neymar is missing every shot, we need a plan B.

And plan b is either at LW or changing formation to 442

Serbian

Messi in 2017:
5th January Cdr vs Bilbao (why?)
8th Jan, La Liga Villareal
11th Jan, Cdr Bilbao (why?)
14th Jan, La Liga Las Palmas
19th Jan, Cdr Sociedad (why?)
22nd Jan, La Liga Eibar
26th Jan, Cdr Sociedad (why?)
29th Jan, La Liga Betis

In the last 25 days, he played 8 matches (Sunday-Wednesday all the time), each time full 90 minutes.

Let's check our schedule in upcoming few weeks:
1st Feb, CDR Atletico away
4th Feb, La Liga Bilbao home
7th Feb, CDR Atletico home
11th Feb, La Liga Alaves away
14th Feb, CL PSG away
19th Feb, La Liga Leganes home
-- one week of rest
26th Feb, La Liga Atletico away
1st Mar, La Liga Gijon home
5th March, La Liga Celta home
8th March, CL PSG home

We will now have 10 matches in a row (2 matches per week) with only 1 week when we won't have matches on Wednesday.

From January 5th till 8th March, Barcelona will play 18 matches.
10 in La liga, 6 in CDR, 2 in Champions league.

Messi is rarely rested, so he will probably play either ALL 18 matches or he will be rested once (Leganes or Gijon at home) and play 17 matches in 2 Months.

In the last 3-4 seasons, Messi was usually tired in spring and people often spotted during matches that he is walking much more and that he runs much less than usual.
So, this year, he is 1 year older again, and Lucho keeps on playing in every fuc*ing match over and over.

Will anyone be surprised if our key player, Messi, will be dead tired and not even close to his 100% in key CL matches in March and April when we'll face tough 1/8 and 1/4 CL opponents.

When another defeat in a CL will happen (like 2 against Atletico), we will wonder what went wrong (injuries, bad luck, bad refs etc).

Messi is not a kid anymore, we need to rest him and save for key matches.
He can't play every single La liga match for 90 minutes and also almost all CDR matches.

Only 2-3 days ago, we laughed at RM for getting knocked out in CDR.
I can't help a feeling that they are laughing their asses now and thinking: ok, Barca will get CDR, we will get La liga, and we'll see what will happen in a CL (but Barca wil be dead tired by then also).

I agree. But Enrique is a puppet, and no balls to sub messi out or not play him. Enrique needs to go ASAP, Last year Suarez was run to death played more minutes than any other player in world and got injured even though he is rock solid, neymar and suarez had some rest this year but mostly suspension and garabage time

serghei

Just tell him to play on the right FFS. HE IS NOT A MIDFIELDER. Not in a 4-3-3 anyway. What the fuck is he doing in the middle of the park walking when we have the ball? He should be sitting at RW and help us stretch them. Not sit around surrounded by 3-4 players.

We're shooting ourselves in the foot like this.

Neymessi

None should. It's obvious to anyone watching them play.

No, Neymar can't. It's not even close to Messi at 50%. Neymar doesn't do anything like Messi does. Neymar doesn't possess any of Messi's traits or abilities.

Sorry but the closest player that comes to messi is obviously neymar. Not even a debate there. Its the style I am talking about, not efficiency. And even in efficiency he is no way "No where near messi at normal mode" in brazil.

raskolnikov

I honestly think Messi hasnt listened to any coach post Pep. He himself decides where, how and when he plays.
It doesnt help that whole msn throws tantrums when subbed. They will be dead tired come april.
I dont like saying since its Messi but even he needs a rest.

kilian

I honestly think Messi hasnt listened to any coach post Pep. He himself decides where, how and when he plays.

That`s exactly why I think we need a coach that will motivate him with his enthusiasm and authority. Maybe Sampaoli is the one, I don`t know. Someone for whom Messi will be prepared to run and give that little extra effort.

We all love him, but it`s not normal for a player to just walk around the pitch in a match as close as this one. Something has to change.

F

FlaFCB

Sorry but the closest player that comes to messi is obviously neymar. Not even a debate there. Its the style I am talking about, not efficiency. And even in efficiency he is no way "No where near messi at normal mode" in brazil.

It's not even a debate, really. Because this isn't real. Neymar's style is nothing like Messi's either. They're pretty different players, in every aspect of the game. Both being attack minded and creative is the only things they have in common.

snowy

That's some good info. Ideally, athletes would use periodisation not just for performance but also to keep injury and fatigue at bay. Also gotta take the CNS into account. Going all out all year can take its toll and in worst case scenario, they might end up even slower than an Eckhart Tolle speech lol
One solution might be to switch between resting one of them for a full game & alternating all 3 on a 45min. basis... Lucho's already tried it to some extent between Neymar & Arda. So he could extend this to Messi & Suarez as well. As in play S n M :whip: + Arda in LW for the 1st half & use Ney + ... + ...
in the 2nd.

Home of Barca Fans