10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVictory

Would you guys call Messi the best passer in the world? His passing is nothing fancy but he always gets the job done with his precision to leave others in scoring opportunities.

If I'm not mistaken he was leading europe in assist numbers wasn't he?

Best passer, on same level as Xavi and Pirlo for short/long passes.

raskolnikov

Yeah best passer is either Messi or Ozil.
Has been this way for years as well. Neutrals to focussed on his goals and dribbles to notice the passing.

MagIX

Gabriel Batistuta: 54 goal in 77 matches for Argentina (0,70 goal per game).

Lionel Messi: 54 goal in 111 matches for Argentina (0,49 goal per game).

+33 assists for Messi, i do not know Batistuta.

btw Leo Messi has all-time record assist in Copa America history (so far) with 9 assists (as per Copa account), 11 assists (as per wiki)

Batistuta won 2x copa america, 1 confederation cup

Caps

Yeah best passer is either Messi or Ozil.
Has been this way for years as well. Neutrals to focussed on his goals and dribbles to notice the passing.

Its what makes him so outstanding. Take away goals and you are left with literally nothing from Ronaldo.

From 07 to 14 Leo was the worlds best passer, dribbler, scorer, had the best control, great creative vision etc

Let that sink in. he was the worlds best dribbler, AND scorer, AND passer (I genuinely believe he's on par with Xavi, they are just different), AND had the best control etc

Thats simply astounding. The 'rivalry' with Cr is the biggest insult to football theres ever been,

JerseyAddict

I Agree with you. Messi creates and helps the team and goes with the team while CR "eats" the team. Looking at all the games of Portugal on this EURO I can't say what was his contribution to the team except firing from all angles and missing a penalty. Whole team played well, nothing to say, but he had 20 shots at the goal in two matches. Scored 0. Assits 0.

What I fear the most is if Argentina doesn't win this Copa will this "mess Messi" in head for some time. Everyone (except Chile and Colombia ofc) expects Argentina to win this. It is like "must have" now. With all the pairings they had and USA in semifinals...

Altomonte

Messi may not be best at quick recovery after a tough game. That's a handicap in tournaments like WC and Copa.
We will see how he will perform in Houston after very little rest, a long trip and a hot and humid environment.
Team US has advantage in that respect because they get extra rest and are more used to extreme weather in Houston.
ARG should still win because of players' quality, but it is a concern.
Last Copa was similar - Argentina had less rest / recovery before final against Chile.

Ripsta

Its what makes him so outstanding. Take away goals and you are left with literally nothing from Ronaldo.

From 07 to 14 Leo was the worlds best passer, dribbler, scorer, had the best control, great creative vision etc

Let that sink in. he was the worlds best dribbler, AND scorer, AND passer (I genuinely believe he's on par with Xavi, they are just different), AND had the best control etc

Thats simply astounding. The 'rivalry' with Cr is the biggest insult to football theres ever been,

You mean from 07 to modern day. Messi's less explosive than he was a few years ago, he picks his moments more, but vision and creativity have gone up another level.

He's the best player i've ever seen by a country mile. I only saw Maradona play in his latter years so I can't compare the two, but Zidane, Ronaldo, Henry, van Basten, Cristiano, Ronaldinho, Iniesta etc - none of them come close to the sheer genius of Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans