10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneyR10

I have a question for all of you... if Messi is superb in the world cup and shines like no other, what does that say about his performance this season?
Would it be fair to say that he actually did save himself for the World cup? would you be okay with that?

Kerrybai

I have a question for all of you... if Messi is superb in the world cup and shines like no other, what does that say about his performance this season?
Would it be fair to say that he actually did save himself for the World cup? would you be okay with that?

You are confusing work rate with good performances. Are you asking us would we be ok with Messi simply doing well or looking like he is trying harder?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
When did he say that ??

Was it like "not involving Messi" for the world cup?

I do recall Martino saying in an interview that the team tried not to involve Messi as much. He then went on to say that it's not Messi's job to get involved so much. Basically instead of being played as a false 9, involved heavily in the buildup play, Messi, under Martino, was forced to play as a static, classic 9.

ebieymjunior

The whole squad was affected by the tactics employed, especially after the winter break.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
It's a shame he never recovered the pace he had up until about 2010. All the injuries caught up I guess.

But despite that, I'm not sure I can forgive him for his lack of effort this season.

Kerrybai

It's a shame he never recovered the pace he had up until about 2010. All the injuries caught up I guess.

But despite that, I'm not sure I can forgive him for his lack of effort this season.

I don't think you can be taken seriously after your Pique comment.

Edit: It must suck to feel that way, what are you going to do for the next 5+ years? :lol:

Last edited:

NotInHere

I think we should at least give him another chance, lets face it this was one of his worst years, but his still young so we should all wait

The WC will be a competition where he will be able to prove he has it.

M

maxmss

He just signed a new contract where he's best paid footballer in the world. Why would he do that if he's unhappy?
Messi got his rested for the World Cup, couldn't stand Ronaldo/Neymar having higher salaries.. injury? Whatever. I'm willing to forget his nonchalant behavior on pitch this season (God knows he deserves a slack).
Next season, however, if he continues to stroll around, I will be perfectly happy if Lucho drops him for whoever is there. Noone is bigger than FCB. End of story.

Couldn't agree more. It wasn't an injury- he was simply jogging and pretty much doing that on important games. That's pretty much is a sabotage. He got his contract now and the full support from the board: he pulls this crap next season I don't care if he's 4 times GB winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans