10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

So? Doesn't matter if he's injury prone. Healthier = superior. And the margin between them is not that big anyway.

The margin is big and Messi is not injury prone, he went 5 years without a major injury and even now it is not major. Ronaldo missed alot of the 11/12 season so it is not like he has never been injured.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
:(

BYwAiojIAAAPDkO.jpg:large

I can't imagine what's going inside his mind... it must be extremely frustrating. I just wish Leo to recover 100%, even if takes a long period :'(

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sabella (coach ARG): "Been in touch with Leo, he surely has a tear. We'll see how long he has to recover, but he won't play next friendlies"

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Messi needs to turn this around ASAP, incredible players such as Van Basten and Ronaldo were also never able to play their careers to the fullest due to injuries. Lack of rest is not the issue, he's been played far more often before and still not even gotten tired, let alone injured. Hell for a guy his age, compromised muscular durability is more likely to be attributed to lack of endurance training than lack of rest. Messi's often either walking or sprinting these days; his incredibly bulky legs coupled with his explosive and technical playing style could suggest that most of his entire routine focuses on strength/weights exercises or technique. He'd probably have far less injury troubles if he gave a larger amount of focus to endurance based cardio training like what they do for triathlons. It'd build stamina and muscular endurance, both of which he's been lacking for quite a while now.

Not knowing everything about Messi ensures that anything we say here is pure speculation but my theory is that he's been inconsistent with his fitness regime for the past 6 months and hasn't kept steady on his routine. Every month or so there's always some article about Messi beginning a new "special diet" or having a new personal trainer or something changed in his regimen. If he finds the right physical system for him, sticks to it religiously, and has unbelievably keen and meticulous fitness professional watching over him all the time then he could easily fix his injury issues.

raskolnikov

I just hope they fix it the right way, no rushing him back half injured. Surely with all the money available it must be possible to get the best people for this job.
Even if it takes several months, just get him back up at 100% before late march and no more relapses.

coura

Banned
Messi needs to turn this around ASAP, incredible players such as Van Basten and Ronaldo were also never able to play their careers to the fullest due to injuries.

Those 2 cases are not to compare. Van Basten had severe injuries in the Achilles heel. Ronaldo disastrous injuries on both knees.
This is more like robben´s ou cesc´s recurrent muscular injuries at arsenal.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Those 2 cases are not to compare. Van Basten had severe injuries in the Achilles heel. Ronaldo disastrous injuries on both knees.
This is more like robben´s ou cesc´s recurrent muscular injuries at arsenal.

Obviously the scope is completely different, just saying that injuries can really affect his career especially considering that he's just entered his prime yet is barely getting to consistently play. This kind of chronic injury is far less severe than damaged joints or ligaments but that doesn't mean that it's minor.

Yugo Count Dante

That you for making me laugh. The difference is huge. Messi plays the way we all played as kids, how you can say the difference is not that big is beyond me.

Your bias is way too obvious...

And besides I honestly think as a kid I could identify more with Ronaldo... as far as his playing style goes (not his antics).

Henry_IB

Banned
Messi needs to turn this around ASAP, incredible players such as Van Basten and Ronaldo were also never able to play their careers to the fullest due to injuries. Lack of rest is not the issue, he's been played far more often before and still not even gotten tired, let alone injured. Hell for a guy his age, compromised muscular durability is more likely to be attributed to lack of endurance training than lack of rest. Messi's often either walking or sprinting these days; his incredibly bulky legs coupled with his explosive and technical playing style could suggest that most of his entire routine focuses on strength/weights exercises or technique. He'd probably have far less injury troubles if he gave a larger amount of focus to endurance based cardio training like what they do for triathlons. It'd build stamina and muscular endurance, both of which he's been lacking for quite a while now.

Not knowing everything about Messi ensures that anything we say here is pure speculation but my theory is that he's been inconsistent with his fitness regime for the past 6 months and hasn't kept steady on his routine. Every month or so there's always some article about Messi beginning a new "special diet" or having a new personal trainer or something changed in his regimen. If he finds the right physical system for him, sticks to it religiously, and has unbelievably keen and meticulous fitness professional watching over him all the time then he could easily fix his injury issues.

TLDR: I know better than paid professionals with state of the art technology at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans