10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
TLDR: I know better than paid professionals with state of the art technology at their disposal.

I guess the fact(?) that he's gotten injured more this year than in the past few combined despite nearing what for most players is their prime is just bad luck, right?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I don't think Thwix is happy right now :lol:

First Strømsgodset winning the Norwegian League with 1 point more than his team Rosenborg and now he lost his $500 bet on Messi scoring twice.
:lol: Definitely not the best day in my life. Tbh, I was so confident that Messi would score 2 goals or more that I made another 500$ bet, which means that I lost 1000$, and on top of that Messi got injured :(. Well, at least I didn't bet more than I could afford to lose. A day or two at work and it will be all earned back and I will be ready to bet on a brace or even a hat-trick against Granada to cover my loss.

Henry_IB

Banned
I guess the fact(?) that he's gotten injured more this year than in the past few combined despite nearing what for most players is their prime is just bad luck, right?

That reading comprehension. Not sure where in my post I ever said it was a coincidence. Obviously something is up or different. I simply took a shot at some of the forum posters who act as if they actually have a clue what they are talking about.

Ender

:lol: Definitely not the best day in my life. Tbh, I was so confident that Messi would score 2 goals or more that I made another 500$ bet, which means that I lost 1000$, and on top of that Messi got injured :(. Well, at least I didn't bet more than I could afford to lose. A day or two at work and it will be all earned back and I will be ready to bet on a brace or even a hat-trick against Granada to cover my loss.
I think you have a gambling problem. :lol:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I simply took a shot at some of the forum posters who act as if they actually have a clue what they are talking about.

Why wouldn't they? If they are in that field of study or have had experiences of their own (which DonAndres has), they would have a clue about what they're talking about, no?
Not to mention this might have flown over your head:

Not knowing everything about Messi ensures that anything we say here is pure speculation but my theory is

Darko

Charlie Sheen,is that you?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Messi needs to turn this around ASAP, incredible players such as Van Basten and Ronaldo were also never able to play their careers to the fullest due to injuries. Lack of rest is not the issue, he's been played far more often before and still not even gotten tired, let alone injured. Hell for a guy his age, compromised muscular durability is more likely to be attributed to lack of endurance training than lack of rest. Messi's often either walking or sprinting these days; his incredibly bulky legs coupled with his explosive and technical playing style could suggest that most of his entire routine focuses on strength/weights exercises or technique. He'd probably have far less injury troubles if he gave a larger amount of focus to endurance based cardio training like what they do for triathlons. It'd build stamina and muscular endurance, both of which he's been lacking for quite a while now.

Not knowing everything about Messi ensures that anything we say here is pure speculation but my theory is that he's been inconsistent with his fitness regime for the past 6 months and hasn't kept steady on his routine. Every month or so there's always some article about Messi beginning a new "special diet" or having a new personal trainer or something changed in his regimen. If he finds the right physical system for him, sticks to it religiously, and has unbelievably keen and meticulous fitness professional watching over him all the time then he could easily fix his injury issues.

Muscular injuries are no joke. They are hard to diagnose accurately and very tricky to heal. Even when you think you are fully healed, they might come back.

You might be correct about the fitness aspect, as endurance training makes the body perform more efficiently and allows muscles to retain oxygen better and be less taxed. I am much more inclined to believe this fitness theory than I am about the change of diet one.

However I fully believe this is a case of an injury that was poorly diagnosed and rehabilitated from the beginning when it first happened, has not been allowed to fully heal, and has re-aggravated itself. Though the fitness aspect you speak of could very well have been a contributor of the original injury, and could certainly have been a contributor to the re-aggravation.

KhaledBarca

F*ck this shit!! Its really annoying, something should be done about this issue! Its not normal to get injured every few games!
Just rest him until he's 100% fit, even if it takes 2 months. We need him in the 2nd part of the season to lead us for the UCL and in the summer to be 100% fit to play the World Cup!

Maria

Messi will have to be rotated now. Otherwise the wear and tear will continue and his injuries will be more frequent and WORSE.

The body can only take so much.

I don't know what to say about that..the last time he got injured he was substituted against Real Sociedad(if I'm not mistaken) and in the next game it happend the same as yesterday. And like BarcaVillain says:

One of the common denominators in Pep's reign was that Messi played, week in, week out. Is it not possible that interrupting this cycle and resting him is what has changed his regime and caused the injuries?

it can't be that with Pep he only had minor knocks and now he can't play 3 games in 7 days. Besides we see players like Cristiano and Lahm who are playing in every single game and don't get injured and then we have Robben who even if he is rested more often, still has a few injuries a year. So probably everything depends on the player's body and I don't think that we can say with certainty that if Messi would be rested more often he would get rid of this injuries.
The only thing of which I'm certain is that I don't remember Messi eatting meat while Pep was Barca's coach and now I saw pictures with him doing exactly this..and that Juanjo Brau was everywhere with him and now they are not so close anymore and that Messi has a new nutritionist. From here we can only speculate.

Can't we just get Lorenzo Buanaventura back? Pep, please let him go... :(

Seeing how every Bayern player except Lahm, Alaba and Muller was injured this season, I don't think that he would be of any use to us right now.

Last edited:

Richard.H

F*ck this shit!! Its really annoying, something should be done about this issue! Its not normal to get injured every few games!
Just rest him until he's 100% fit, even if it takes 2 months. We need him in the 2nd part of the season to lead us for the UCL and in the summer to be 100% fit to play the World Cup!

Ya it's looking like this is the approach the club has to take. There's no way Messi's career should get ruined for a few trophies in a single season.

He needs to either go into major rehab or get surgery, no either way. I hate seeing him like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans