10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kroki223

I think Messi is a cool guy, and he has a lot of patients! The management is good. He isn't a bad person.

Dripsnis

Some new (most of them from barcastuff)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool): "Rather play alongside Messi or Ronaldo? Both! But if I had to pick, Messi - he's a genius."
Song: Ballon d'Or? I'd vote for Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta
Mario Gotze (Borussia Dortmund): "Who will win the Ballon d'Or this year? I think Messi again. I would vote for him."
Jordi Cruyff (ex-Barcelona -Man United): "In football, 99% are mortals, and 1%, including my father and Messi, are legends."

MMKa

uzurapu7.jpg

Pic from the celta game.. Messi hiding a lollipop under his sock for his newborn celebration?

Would have been a yellow card.

Garrus

Tito is experimenting a new position with messi against 'Bus' teams, He spent much more time against celta on the right side of midfield, Probably to make more use of his dribbling skills against such defensive formations, It resembles in a way his former position on the right wing, Where he makes a run from there into the center and dribbling anyone in his way then shoots, It's hard to say if it was a success or failure because he wasn't himself that game..

Garrus

That actually happens regularly if you notice when messi drops back to receive the ball like he always does, But it's still not effective against these buses, it's way too crowded in the middle to make a dangerous pass to that striker, As long as messi in the middle in front of 5 defenders it doesn't matter how deep he drops or weather a true 9 is in front of him, He can't do anything accept pass to the wings.
The thing is it's hard to distort these defenses formations from the middle of the field, There're actually more stable, But they can be forced to move out of position if you come from the sides (wings), That what the term stretching the field comes from, It's the reason why pedro and villa hang close to the touch line specially pedro, putting messi more on the right to start his runs is a much better then the middle.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'd like to see Leo drift wide right more as well, particularly against an Izaguirre-less left side for Celtic

J

jtmx12

If Villa plays as a 9 they need 2 or 3 defenders but even that isn't enough to make Villa dissapear (unlike Messi) because he usually plays behind the defenders (aka offside). When he doesn't, he still can shoot from far away unlike Messi ie (2010 CL final style), or the goal against Alaves which was a powerful shot, plus his left foot is as good as his right foot, unlike Messi, therefore he can easily shoot anything that comes from both wings (Falcao style) without need to "set up" the ball to his best foot (like Messi does).

Then play Xavi, Dani Alves & Messi from the right wing
Then play Iniesta, Alba & Pedro from the left wing

It will be really hard to stop the right wing or left wing with all those insane "tiki taka" players. They will easily end up breaking any defense because Messi & Iniesta dribbling skills are awesome. Xavi, Iniesta can also just take advantage of Alba, Messi, Alves & Pedro speed and make them run.

Then we'll have Villa on the center, who is one of the hardest players to defend against, because of his play style. He doesn't need to get the ball to often, like Messi, as long as he gets a few balls, he will easily end up scoring because that's where he shines.

Let's not mention the fact that teams won't have a clue how to defend against us if we play this way... because we never have in the last years.

We should try different things. We've won a lot things in the past, but like I said, in the past. Just because we won things with a line up it doesn't mean it will make us win again. Just saying.

Just my humble opinion, but of course, one of the reasons why I'm writing this is because I'd like to see Villa play as a 9, and the fact that Messi usually ends up playing as a midfielder when he doesn't get the ball, and he could as well just play as a right winger instead & still be an attacking player and let Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets & Cesc take care of the midfield and keep doing what he does best: scoring goals & dribbling.

Another thing is that when teams park the bus we use our midfield too often (because Messi also ends up playing as a midfielder) and the game sometimes becomes boring to watch. Like I said before, I'd rather see Messi using his "dribbling skills" from the right wing, breaking up a defense in pieces, and scoring goals or assisting players.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Did you know that the age difference between MEssi and Cristina & Thiago and Cristiano Jr. is same!?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Excerpt from The Scotsman :lol:

Messi was out of luck against Celtic in the Camp Nou. Celtic’s luck will have to be in and then some for the daddy of football not to give birth to a net-bulging moment this evening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans