1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Problem is he's top 3 across all matches, but when it comes to crucial away games, I'm left unimpressed by the amount of goals he conceded relative to the shot attempts made. In the Liverpool game for example, we faced like 5-6 shots on target, and 4 were goals. He simply has to do better in those scenarios. Not to the mention the fuck up that was the corner taken early by Pool.

Sure, and that's fair, but there's plenty of big games where he's stepped up and kept us in the game or tie, but people here usually only remember the bad moments and come up with BS like how we'd be better off with some random La Liga GK or how XYZ player is better.

The same folks who glorify mediocre players playing at mid-table Premier League/Bundesliga/Serie A teams.

serghei

He's a top keeper without being sensational imo. But it's not like you can upgrade Stegen, since no team usually trades world class keepers by choice. Not sure Alisson is better. I'd consider Oblak better, simply because from watching Oblak I get the feeling he's the keeper that makes you work the hardest to score past him. Although the Simeone defensive setup surely helps in this area.

khaled_a_d

both donak and bbz are right.
He is a top 3 GK in the world, but world won't stop if he leaves.
All being said, it seems like a negotiating tactic.

PS: I honestly don't like MATS as a leader, and don't believe he should be ever Barca captain.
Not sure why many were upset in the past that Roberto got the band over him.

Sailor Mars

PS: I honestly don't like MATS as a leader, and don't believe he should be ever Barca captain.
Not sure why many were upset in the past that Roberto got the band over him.

Because Roberto is too much of a nice guy. Need some leaders that are vocal and act rough around the edges rather than just having captains that are a bunch of choirboys.

Barcilliant

My beef with Mats is when he does his Olaf impressions. Somebody will hit a 25 yard shot and this guy is rooted to the ground watching the ball sail past him.

Also as mentioned by others he doesn't seem to perform in big matches away in cl. Part of it is our useless defense. No matter how good a keeper is if the defense is rubbish the keeper has no chance.

mc_lovin

Its not terrible, but Setiens style leads to him having a high number of passes which causes him to miss a few (only natural). But those missed ones always look bad in these positions.

JamDav1982

Its not terrible, but Setiens style leads to him having a high number of passes which causes him to miss a few (only natural). But those missed ones always look bad in these positions.

He misses a lot of those passes every single game.

It is eye bleeding stuff watching that.

JamDav1982

Guy has 2 assists this season but his passing is "terrible" :lol:

He is best keeper in world on ball but those passes he tries even the best CBs in the world would be missing target more often than not.

There were times in that game tonight players wanted quick passes from him and he waived them away advanced with ball and tried ridiculous long pass.

The crowd were whistling it in second half it was happening so often.

mc_lovin

Yeah, at least 3-5 every game. But this buildup is clearly by design, so its not really his fault. I would blame Setien for this.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Guy has 2 assists this season but his passing is "terrible" :lol:

That's like saying that a striker is a great defender if he made two last man tackles. Stegen's passing is very good, but not as good as he and the managers think it is. Ederson's passing reach and variation are both better, for example.

Home of Barca Fans