1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

God Serena

0-4 to Paris
0-3 to Turin
0-3 to Roma
0-4 to Liverpool.

You know what else is 0? Ter-Stegen’s performances out of 10 in all 4 of those matches.

People say this guy is a future captain. Maybe he should stop being such a goddamn clown in important matches first. Letting in scrappy goals, zero commanding presence in the box and zero defensive organization. The guys sits there like a scared little kitten waiting to get scored on.

Its not my problem this fool crumbles like German Apple Crisp when the pressure is on. He’s looked like a clown 4 years straight now, looking nowhere near one of the best keepers in the world in those matches.

But keep accepting these historic humiliations with Germany’s finest butterfingers between the sticks.

4 matches where the entire team was almost as big of a complete and utter joke as you and you're ridiculous trolling, compared to an entire two seasons where he's been right behind Messi as our best player. Right.

FCBfan22

Don't point at GK. Look at Slovenian natoonal team. Last time vs Macedonia we have concieded one of the stupidest goals with Oblak in goal.

raedkuwait

I totally agree with devils, we won the league with ter or without him, before ter we won the league nothing new there, when u are the best goal keeper as some of u say he is , u have to shine and make your self present in big matches and knock out games, ter did not do that at all, while the likes of valdes shined in big matches and knock out games, am sure if we had stegen in that final vs arsenal we would have lost, all keepers save shots u know, the world class ones make them in important matches and knock out games. If we had valdes yesterday no way liverpool will score 4 on us.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I totally agree with devils, we won the league with ter or without him, before ter we won the league nothing new there, when u are the best goal keeper as some of u say he is , u have to shine and make your self present in big matches and knock out games, ter did not do that at all, while the likes of valdes shined in big matches and knock out games, am sure if we had stegen in that final vs arsenal we would have lost, all keepers save shots u know, the world class ones make them in important matches and knock out games. If we had valdes yesterday no way liverpool will score 4 on us.

Good thing Ter Steven didn't play the first leg at the Nou Camp think of all the goals he'd have let in

Devils

4 matches where the entire team was almost as big of a complete and utter joke as you and you're ridiculous trolling, compared to an entire two seasons where he's been right behind Messi as our best player. Right.

Those 4 matches, especially rome and liverpool are going down in our history as the worst nights in the clubs history. They aren’t some random mess of game that players can play in and get the ‘oh but he’s gonna be fine’ like the Celta game MAtS lost us a few years back but is now well forgotten.

You say he's the second best player in our team, and others say he’s a future captain...but yet he’s one of the first players to crumble when the teams back is against the wall.

14 goals conceded in those 4 away games over 3 years that he’s been our #1. I cant think of any Worlds Best keeper that leaks as many goals as he does in crucial matches.

Nowhere near good enough.

LucasHernandez

0-4 to Paris
0-3 to Turin
0-3 to Roma
0-4 to Liverpool.

You know what else is 0? Ter-Stegen’s performances out of 10 in all 4 of those matches.

People say this guy is a future captain. Maybe he should stop being such a goddamn clown in important matches first. Letting in scrappy goals, zero commanding presence in the box and zero defensive organization. The guys sits there like a scared little kitten waiting to get scored on.

Its not my problem this fool crumbles like German Apple Crisp when the pressure is on. He’s looked like a clown 4 years straight now, looking nowhere near one of the best keepers in the world in those matches.

But keep accepting these historic humiliations with Germany’s finest butterfingers between the sticks.

Have to disagree with your analysis on Ter Stegen- your being incredibly harsh on him.

At most, I would blame him for only the 2nd goal (even then a lot of keepers probably would have endured great difficulty saving such an attempt).

Let's not forget his stellar performance in the first leg (could have easily been 3-2 or 3-3 without his excellent saves against Milner and Salah).

Him, Messi, and Vidal were probably the least culpable for Barca's disastrous match yesterday...

Devils

Have to disagree with your analysis on Ter Stegen- your being incredibly harsh on him.

At most, I would blame him for only the 2nd goal (even then a lot of keepers probably would have endured great difficulty saving such an attempt).

Let's not forget his stellar performance in the first leg (could have easily been 3-2 or 3-3 without his excellent saves against Milner and Salah).

Him, Messi, and Vidal were probably the least culpable for Barca's disastrous match yesterday...

What about the 4th goal where he’s too busy clapping to himself to even pay attention to to the corner coming in?

For me his save against Sanchez was excellent, but those Salah and Milner attempts were not anything special and any reasonable keeper should have stopped.

I disagree, Vidal and Messi are the only exempt ones. The rest of the old guard were shit but at its clear that they are nearing the end and have to be replaced.

My issue lies with these current players i.e MAtS, Coutinho, Roberto, Umtiti (last year against Rome) these younger guys who are seasoned players at the top level who just look like clowns out there.

Last edited:

henias

What about the 4th goal where he’s too busy clapping to himself to even pay attention to to the corner coming in?

For me his save against Sanchez was excellent, but those Salah and Milner attempts were not anything special and any reasonable keeper should have stopped.

Yeah he didnt play his best but him and Messi has been pivotal for Barcelona the entire season. Without them, we wouldn't have come so far.

LucasHernandez

I disagree, Vidal and Messi are the only exempt ones. The rest of the old guard were shit but at its clear that they are nearing the end and have to be replaced.

My issue lies with these current players i.e MAtS, Coutinho, Roberto, Umtiti (last year against Rome) these younger guys who are seasoned players at the top level who just look like clowns out there.

"What about the 4th goal where he’s too busy clapping to himself to even pay attention to to the corner coming in?"

Come on, that conceded goal was purely a collective failure- every player should have been held accountable (especially the back 4).

"For me his save against Sanchez was excellent, but those Salah and Milner attempts were not anything special and any reasonable keeper should have stopped."

Would advice you to re-watch the saves again- The Milner save quite impressive considering the number of players obstructing his view in the penalty box. Salah has scored TONS of plucky goals like that (Ter Stegen did will to react in my opinion...)

"My issue lies with these current players i.e MAtS, Coutinho, Roberto, Umtiti"

To be fair, Coutinho and Roberto were both played out of position (both generally excel as attacking midfielders). As for Umtiti, he has been unable to play for the majority of the season, so I think it's quite harsh to be criticizing him (besides, let's not forget his excellent form coming into the Roma match not to mention the fact that he played a significant role in France's conquest of the world cup).

Can't really object to your third point- would have to say I definitely comply for the most part.

God Serena

Those 4 matches, especially rome and liverpool are going down in our history as the worst nights in the clubs history. They aren’t some random mess of game that players can play in and get the ‘oh but he’s gonna be fine’ like the Celta game MAtS lost us a few years back but is now well forgotten.

You say he's the second best player in our team, and others say he’s a future captain...but yet he’s one of the first players to crumble when the teams back is against the wall.

14 goals conceded in those 4 away games over 3 years that he’s been our #1. I cant think of any Worlds Best keeper that leaks as many goals as he does in crucial matches.

Nowhere near good enough.

You're acting like those losses are somehow the goalkeeper's fault. Did you bang your head against the wall so hard you forgot how those games actually played out? You probably can't name even a single player who was quality across those four games. The fact that in those 4 games we have exactly 0 goals is probably ter Stegen's fault too, isn't it?

You're a god damn joke, Devils. Take a look in the mirror.

Centauri B

Holy shit, this loss has broken Devils completely.

Meltdown is partly understandable. We all need to let our frustration out. This was the worst defeat in our history imo. I have not been so saddened and angered by a football result since the 2010 semi-final vs Inter. This is probably worse.

Andrew M

Meltdown is partly understandable. We all need to let our frustration out. This was the worst defeat in our history imo. I have not been so saddened and angered by a football result since the 2010 semi-final vs Inter. This is probably worse.

Forget the 2010 loss to Inter, only the 2012 loss to Chelsea rivals this one for me.

Devils

You're acting like those losses are somehow the goalkeeper's fault. Did you bang your head against the wall so hard you forgot how those games actually played out? You probably can't name even a single player who was quality across those four games. The fact that in those 4 games we have exactly 0 goals is probably ter Stegen's fault too, isn't it?

You're a god damn joke, Devils. Take a look in the mirror.

Nope.

If you read the other threads you’d see im very harsh on the other player as well.

Vidal and Messi played well, but MAtS was shit along the the rest of those idiots.

Fffsss I dont even know why Im discussing football with someone who stans Miranda, Palencia, Bartra etc...i have no time to deal with people like you, dawg.

Enjoy your evening!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans