1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

JamDav1982

He's as good a shot stopper as De Gea, still prone to doing the simple things a bit wrong. I still shit myself whenever he attempts to join in the passing game at the back.

He is the best in the world on the ball though and has been doing it more at the right time.

One thing he has improved on is dealing with balls into the box something De Gea has been struggling with and he is rooted to his line too often lately and leading to goals..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's top 6. :p

f9dea2813e58c55b382a6134f5aa50e3.gif

I think Ederson is a more complete GK than Oblak and Courtois. He's fantastic on the ball. So I suppose could remove one of those if Ederson continues to grow and perform like he has been doing.

Neeraj

I don't think he's as good a shot stopper as De Gea. He's great in close/1v1 duels, but long range shop stopping is De Gea's forte. That doesn't mean he isn't good, I just don't think he can be compared to DDG.

Ripsta

He is the best in the world on the ball though and has been doing it more at the right time.

One thing he has improved on is dealing with balls into the box something De Gea has been struggling with and he is rooted to his line too often lately and leading to goals..

Oh I agree, but i'm never quite as assured as when Valdes was in goal. Stegen has that tendancy to leave his passes/kicks to the very last moment, inviting an interception.

He's come on leaps and bounds though over the past 18 months, proven it was right to get rid of Bravo and put him in the first team.

JamDav1982

I don't think he's as good a shot stopper as De Gea. He's great in close/1v1 duels, but long range shop stopping is De Gea's forte. That doesn't mean he isn't good, I just don't think he can be compared to DDG.

De gea has conceded plenty longer range shots that TS would get crucified for.

Even that great FK from Burnley can gtee folk on here would moan about it not being 'unsavable' etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's easier to improve than 1v1 or close duels where you have to anticipate, make a decision to rush out or stay on the line and make yourself big while also making sure the near post is covered and you're not too wide so the attacker can slip the ball between your legs.

JamDav1982

Oh I agree, but i'm never quite as assured as when Valdes was in goal. Stegen has that tendancy to leave his passes/kicks to the very last moment, inviting an interception.

He's come on leaps and bounds though over the past 18 months, proven it was right to get rid of Bravo and put him in the first team.

Valdes made far more fuck ups and worse ones than TS has tho. Even in Valdes best years.

Yeah he has got better but was always a very good keeper.

Ripsta

Valdes made far more fuck ups and worse ones than TS has tho. Even in Valdes best years.

Yeah he has got better but was always a very good keeper.

Yep, but he never really gave the impression one was coming, I always get the feeling ter Stegen has one in him, but it's definitely improving.

behindbrowneyes

He is/was for sure, but this last few months/games MATS stepped a level up. If he keeps like this for entire season we could argue. Now I gave him some credits ;)

Neuer is IMHO still a Universe for himself.

Pointless to name a player that hasn't played a single game in the last nine months. The 2016 Neuer WAS a universe for himself but he has to prove if he can come back like this. His injury seems to be "deadly" serious.

MAtS has really stepped up this season and like you said he has yet to prove that this is his constant level. I'm confident that he will prove it since the best years of a GK are still ahead of him.

When it comes to recent performances (let's say this season) MAtS is top3.

JerseyAddict

Pointless to name a player that hasn't played a single game in the last nine months. The 2016 Neuer WAS a universe for himself but he has to prove if he can come back like this. His injury seems to be "deadly" serious.

MAtS has really stepped up this season and like you said he has yet to prove that this is his constant level. I'm confident that he will prove it since the best years of a GK are still ahead of him.

When it comes to recent performances (let's say this season) MAtS is top3.

Germany will have a hard time deciding her No1.

xXKonan

Got to give Zubi a lot of credit for getting Ter Stegen and sticking to his guns to. Catalan Media had serious Courtois fever for a while and were begging for us to sign him as well and to be fair Courtois is a fine keeper but he doesn't fit the requirements we need out of a GK, and Zubi knew this and he went with Stegen instead.

I remember even during Stegen's presentation conference some Catalan journalists were asking Zubi about Courtois. :lol:

aaron101

I can't believe Ter Stegen isn't nominated for the best keeper in Europe. The guy is one of the biggest reason why we're undefeated and no.1 in La Liga. Him and Umtiti are the best players of the team after Messi.

Capture.JPG

Home of Barca Fans