Mesut Ozil

Xaviniesta

DSZcXwEXcAAU3Wp.jpg

we should be looking at him. sigh

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, we should not unless we want to get stuck with him on high wages until he's 35.

He's a #10 and has no place in a Barça where Messi plays through the middle.

Yannik

That´s not true. Show me facts of that, please.

might check his running stats from last season for example (only because I don't know websites with more up to date stats)

butler-charts-02-e1495017286790.jpg

butler-charts-01-e1495017335178.jpg

could also ask some Arsenal fans on reddit, they keep track with that myth a lot more than I do, or you want to check their forums for first hand experience opinions.
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-scapegoat.28744/page-529
People only criticize him for his "body language" and extrapolate from there to some "lazyness" stereotype.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We'll be absolute retards to sign Ozil on astronomical wages when he's turned 30 and isn't as versatile as other options.

It's going to be Arda all over again. Not only are we going to sacrifice Coutinho or other options, but getting a player who'll get in the way of Messi, attacking space in the same areas of the pitch and not having the pace and ability to play out wider and beat his man regularly is just dumb.

It's like people here look at a team sheet instead of watching the actual games not realizing how Ozil plays and where he is most effective, and how he could fit in at a Barcelona team where Messi's future is in the middle of the pitch and not out at the RW.

Last edited:

Total-Football

Numbers are sometimes misleading, yes the he runs a lot (between 10 and often even 11km), but do you know that Pirlo at the final 2015 run 12.5 km ? (at 36 year old) but still didn't look good at all.

The magic variable here is hidden and is decisive: intensity . Barca presses, and without bursts of sprinting you can't press in tight spaces and Ozil will fail big time in that department because he's a turtle, even more so than Cesc. Buy Ozil and you will end up with an extra problem like [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] said. But i think Barca would have learned a lot from the curious case of Cesc. Since then we almost always target swift midfielders with Gomes being a brainfart.

Home of Barca Fans