1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

khaled_a_d

According to Candena Ser Mats has good offers from Chelsea and Bayern and it won't be as easy to renew him like the Club thinks.

With Neuer & Nubel Bayern are out of question for him.
Chelsea may be, but I doubt they can give him a better offer than us while offering us enough money, even if Kepa involved.

Last edited:

Devils

Will be renewed until 2025 apparently.

Looks like we're gonna be conceding 3+ goals in away CL matches for the next 5 years, dawg.

kattanib

Will be renewed until 2025 apparently.

Looks like we're gonna be conceding 3+ goals in away CL matches for the next 5 years, dawg.

Yup, he is the reason for all our failures, what a horrible horrible keeper he is. We would have won La Liga if not for him and anyone could have saved those balls caused by our defense horror shows. Extremely unreliable goalkeeper, we should sell him and get Navas. Stegen is only good for showing off his monkey dance moves.

Last edited:

kattanib

VV had great brainfarts, almost every game, that Mats doesn't have. But he turned beast mode when needed. I don't remember actually losing a game because of him.
Still mats is also better at distribution and as a sweeper.

VV caused us a Super Copa against Madrid I believe, he caused a late goal in the home game that caused us the game in aggregate, but despite that he was amazing especially in his last years. Extremely good at 1on1s though he had many haters and wanted to prove a point to himself thus decided to leave. The truth is you don?t need to be good enough to shine at any club, all you need is to be able to shine at your own club.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

not much to do with the GK really.

He isn't the first to blame for them but in the last few years he hasn't put up monster performances in adverse situations.

Would be nice if even while getting bombarded our GK put up a wall. Obviously it can't be every game but it'd help if he turned in even one of those Oblak v Pool at Anfield performances now and then.

serghei

He isn't the first to blame for them but in the last few years he hasn't put up monster performances in adverse situations.

Would be nice if even while getting bombarded our GK put up a wall. Obviously it can't be every game but it'd help if he turned in even one of those Oblak v Pool at Anfield performances now and then.

Only Oblak is of that class in the world. Stegen is just not good enough to reach that unbeatable level on the big nights.

KingLeo10

Only Oblak is of that class in the world. Stegen is just not good enough to reach that unbeatable level on the big nights.

Then we shouldn't consider him indispensable. Honestly, a monster GK is the backbone of most top legendary club/NT.

I think only us with VV and Madrid with Navas managed to get by without one. Though, both VV and Navas were world class performers, just not legendary.

JamDav1982

Two of the last three CL campaigns Atletico have gone out in knockouts they have conceded 3 goals in the away tie and in other they did not even get out group.

Oblak has not been unbeatable either.

Great keeper but it is sometimes easier to be a great shot stopper in a team set up the way Atletico are. Less exposed.

Jay Jay

WTF, Ter Stegen in the same basket with Valdes? Victor Valdes was only on a decent level in his few last season, other than that he was shit. I have to admit, in his time he was perhaps the best goalkeeper 1 on 1.
Right now Mats and Oblak are for sure in top 3, and for me Mats is better because he can save penalties.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think only us with VV and Madrid with Navas managed to get by without one. Though, both VV and Navas were world class performers, just not legendary.

I'd argue they've both satisfied minimum requirements for a keeper in a world-class side. Even legends have their weaknesses like Casillas was never that good in the air and Buffon benefitted from playing in Serie A just like Oblak shines under Atleti setup.

Navas was CostaRican Casillas for all intents and purposes in terms of skill. Iker was also prone to similar mistakes in early career. If he were Spanish, he'd definitely be in with a shout for NT place after Iker started getting dropped. Costa Rica made it to QF basically on his saves. On the all-time GK list he arguably ranks higher than Neuer.

VV was very underrated and only had a piss poor time in that final seasons capped off with a torn ACL. If not for hierarchy, he should have started Euro 2012.

Home of Barca Fans