1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Porque

Kepa is on the second highest salary in Chelsea (7.8m GBP / year).

MaTS is on 4.68m EUR.

Bad move for us all around. Chelsea seem pretty desperate to offload him. I'm reading they proposed a similar deal with Oblak too (who is on 10m EUR / year! ).

You can see why Stegen is after a new deal now. He is earning less than half of Oblak.

FinBarcelonafan

Kepa is on the second highest salary in Chelsea (7.8m GBP / year).

MaTS is on 4.68m EUR.

Bad move for us all around. Chelsea seem pretty desperate to offload him. I'm reading they proposed a similar deal with Oblak too (who is on 10m EUR / year! ).

You can see why Stegen is after a new deal now. He is earning less than half of Oblak.

Underpaid for sure

xXKonan

Catalan Media is reporting that he has been playing with some bad knee discomfort since the start of the season and he delayed having surgery on it.

They report once the CL is over for us he will go under the knife to help correct it.

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah, pretty happy with him overall this season. Some mistakes but showed up in plentiful matches. Promote him to captain.

Porque

Used e-scooters before they were fashionable. Learns Catalan before arrival. Wins CL before being undisputed starter.

Promote to President and re-name stadium Camp Steg.

JohnN

I am 100% sure we would lose the arsenal final if we had mats as goal keeper VV
Can turn into a monster keeper in important and pressure games, while Mats would
Crumple under those games, so i would say if we had him back then we would have had less Cl trophies.
If we had VV in liverpool game or Rome we would have gone through.

VV had great brainfarts, almost every game, that Mats doesn't have. But he turned beast mode when needed. I don't remember actually losing a game because of him.
Still mats is also better at distribution and as a sweeper.

Barcilliant

Its no surprise that all the old members in here, who have seen both VV and mats in pressure games, know how good was VV in pressure games, all the new members go for Mats. With Mats in our loses versus rome and liverpool and even juvintus u just had the feeling that every shot was gone turn a goal against us he is so damn shaky in tough games. And i have watched our cl games multiple times, go back watch the arsenal final and tell me we wouldnt have lost if mats was our keeper.

I agree. VV had some brain farts and some bad streaks but damn he was clutch in big cl matches.
Three come to mind. Cl 2006 final, cl 2009 semis vs Chelsea at the bridge, 2009 cl final. His last season with us he was pretty immense too.

Horatio

You're welcome
VV had the pressure of performing. He was last line of defense for a team the whole world had their eyes on. Ter Stegen shows discipline even when more than half of the team doesnt show up.

Alik

VV had great brainfarts, almost every game, that Mats doesn't have. But he turned beast mode when needed. I don't remember actually losing a game because of him.
Still mats is also better at distribution and as a sweeper.

That's probably because the team was good enough to make up for it. I remember him having a brainfart in the early minutes of a Clasico. I think we ended up winning that game anyway.

xXKonan

According to Candena Ser Mats has good offers from Chelsea and Bayern and it won't be as easy to renew him like the Club thinks.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
According to Candena Ser Mats has good offers from Chelsea and Bayern and it won't be as easy to renew him like the Club thinks.

He's almost Catalan at this point, just usual shenanigans to land a fat contract. If anyone deserves huge wages in our team, that's MAtS. Umtiti and Rakitic make more than him :lol:. Honestly, when those two and Suarez, Busi and Messi are all gone, our wage structure will be so much healthier...

Home of Barca Fans