utility73

roy keane is totally fucking awesome

I mean, seriously.

to come out and say all that.

fucking champion.

Now that is class!

[YOUTUBE]Jf9fx4ipF4Q[/YOUTUBE]

And that's what Trap had to say about it then:
Trapattoni took issue with Cuper's last assertion, although he was forced to skate over the unfairness of the penalty award. "I am in football for 40 years and do you know how many penalties like this there are in every country?" he asked. "We had the luck in this situation but every Sunday in every country there are many situations like this. I think over the 90 minutes we deserved to win."

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Well Ireland is part British Isles and close enough to England for Platini and Blatter to dislike them.

If this was the other way around I bet that Platini and Blatter would ban Ireland from all competitions and award the game to France.

It makes me sick how Platini and Blatter are always putting down anything do do with the British Isles and praising anything to do with France, Italy or Spain.
You are a piece of work aren't you?
that's why Man U constant tapping for players usually escape punishment , And ToysRus funding a Belgium club (which surprise surprise was the club they bought Eboue from ) also escaped punishment

And Roy Keane is a champion

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
The referee didn't see it.
Whether it's a World Cup final, a game in the lower divisions, last game of the season that decides the winner DOESNT matter.
Rules aren't more strict because of when you are playing. Rules are there to be followed.
Henry is the biggest disgrace to football? What is Zidane then?
Henry has stated clearly that he wants a replay.
So sod off all of you

Nuts

You are a piece of work aren't you?
that's why Man U constant tapping for players usually escape punishment , And ToysRus funding a Belgium club (which surprise surprise was the club they bought Eboue from ) also escaped punishment

And Roy Keane is a champion

You a Barca fan? If so, thats an awfuly ironic statement. :lol:

I judge him by his actions.

To stay current just compare his behaviour in the cases Eduardo and Henry.
With your words: Disgrace! ;)

You mean like in 1999 where he personally offered straight after the game and replayed a match with Sheffield United in the FA Cup after a dubious piece of action won Arsenal the game?

For the uneducated amongst you.

Arsène Wenger offers FA Cup rematch

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ars-ne-wenger-offers-fa-cup-rematch

Arsène Wenger offers an FA Cup rematch to Sheffield United 13 February 1999

The FA Cup often throws up weird and wonderful situations but in 1999 Highbury witnessed one of the strangest episodes in the competition's history.

Arsenal were drawn at home against Sheffield United in the Fifth Round and beat the Yorkshire team 2-1 thanks to goals from Patrick Vieira and Marc Overmars. However, the winning goal caused plenty of controversy.

The ball had been kicked into touch by a United player so one of his team-mates could receive treatment. But when Kanu received possession from the resulting throw, he broke away down the right and squared for Overmars to score.

The Blades were outraged and pointed the finger at Kanu but the Nigerian had simply misunderstood the situation, unaware that a United player had needed treatment. Nonetheless, the dispute was not going to be settled easily.

Arsène Wenger stepped in and, recognising the unique situation Arsenal found themselves in, he offered United manager Steve Bruce a chance to replay the match at Highbury.

Wenger's gracious offer was accepted and, with the FA's consent, the rematch took place 10 days later. Overmars and Dennis Bergkamp put Arsenal in charge and, although the Blades grabbed a late consolation, they suffered another 2-1 defeat.

Not sure how many managers would have done the same to be honest, but go on by all means continue to question him as a person.

Last edited:

Aasim

Bumbleman
Keane is a legend. Everything he said was true and correct. That Georgia penalty is just...i can't see where the ref thought there was a pen..?

Henry said the game should be replayed..you gotta hand it to him there.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Keane is a legend. Everything he said was true and correct. That Georgia penalty is just...i can't see where the ref thought there was a pen..?

Henry said the game should be replayed..you gotta hand it to him there.

I don't put much into Titi's call for a replay...Particularly when FIFA has already ruled it out....Seems largely symbolic more than anything.

It's done...Hopefully, we'll see some sort of replays or added officials

El Mesías

Henry asked for another replay. As much as I hate having more internationals to break the momentum in the Liga, I hope they actually sanction this match and drop this hooha once and for all.

Fifa going all out to condemn Eduardo for diving and not doing anything about this handball has got to be the most retarded thing ever.

Aasim

Bumbleman
I think UEFA was incharge of the Eduardo incident.and maybe that game wasn't so evenly balanced. I think Arsenal were 2-0 up in the first leg..? So Eduardo penalty or not they were on course to win.

The France-Ireland game was way more unpredictable and could have gone either way in penalties.

IMO, the game should not be replayed. If it is, every game that is decided on a stupid referee mistake would be called for a replay. Referee mistakes happen on every matchday in every league.

B

blueduck

Cantona: I’d have hit Henry

ERIC CANTONA says he would have HIT Thierry Henry if he was one of the Republic of Ireland players cheated of their World Cup spot.

The former France and Manchester United star said: "What shocks me the most quite frankly, is not the hand-ball.

"What shocks me the most is that this player, at the end of the game, in front of the TV cameras, went to sit down next to an Ireland player to comfort him - when he had just screwed him."

Cantona could not believe Henry chose to sit and chat with Republic of Ireland defender Richard Dunne after his handball set up William Gallas for the goal which ended Ireland's World Cup dream in Paris.

Cantona, infamous for his kung-fu kick at a fan, added: "If I had been an Irishman, he wouldn't have lasted three seconds."

danny10257

sup guys, barely got a chance to post about henry's hand.
My View: france would have won anyways. And if the replay would magically happen then france will just win agian.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I personally think Roy Keane's comments were those of a bitter man who let down his country and instead of being remembered as one of Ireland's greats is solely thought of regarding WC2002. So what if McShane should have cleared it, Henry didn't react to the ball missing everyone else either. The handball kept the ball in play rather than going for a goal kick. Keane's POV hold absolutely no weight as far as I'm concerned.

Those people comparing it to the Sheffield United replay... that game was won not through cheating but a misunderstanding over gentlemanly conduct. Nothing lie and incident where an official has faled to award a decision.

B

blueduck

There is no way on Cesc's earth that they will replay the game.

Henry said they should replay the game after FIFA had already said it wasn't going to happen. He only did it to save face.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh exactly ducky, it was a very safe response from Titi. Personally I think it sets far too much of a precedent replaying this game given how many other matches every week are decided on dodgy incidents. Ireland deserved to go through but there's nothing to be done tbh, there's no going back.

Home of Barca Fans