Alex Song

Henry_IB

Banned
Barcelona players don't have learning difficulties. They know perfectly well the affect their statements will have. If it were an isolated incident then it could be disregarded, but Barcelona have a history of cynically tapping up players they want, and only an insanely biased and anglophobic forum like this one would even think about denying that. You guys couldn't wait to rattle off the same jibes about "ignorance", regardless of how nonsensical they are given the context of the discussion :lol:

While I certainly agree that Barcelona do use tapping up all the time, but we're far from being alone in doing it. Secondly, given the stature of our club, it means a lot of players are willing to sacrifice some pay / put pressure on their own clubs to sell for cheaper than they intended.

I don't agree with it being pathetic, it's simply smart business. There is no club in the world who wouldn't do the same if they had the possibility to. Look at Real Madrid and Luka Modric, I have seen plenty of comment from Real Madrid players about how great of a player Luka is and how well he would fit in with the team.

Arachnid

Barcelona players don't have learning difficulties. They know perfectly well the affect their statements will have. If it were an isolated incident then it could be disregarded, but Barcelona have a history of cynically tapping up players they want, and only an insanely biased and anglophobic forum like this one would even think about denying that. You guys couldn't wait to rattle off the same jibes about "ignorance", regardless of how nonsensical they are given the context of the discussion :lol:

What effect? If you honestly believe that Song will change his mind because some player said he likes him, you are delusional.

The only real world effect is pissing off Arsenal fans. But why should Xavi or Iniesta or whoever care? Not their problem.

Anglophobic. Pffft.:shakeshead:

Ursegor

World Champion

What are you on about? If there are rumours about a player x joining club y, players of club y always talk about player x.

Rooney about van Persie:

Rooney said: 'He's a player that I admire. He’s a fantastic player, he's been amazing for Arsenal over many years. Last season was probably his best season of all, he scored a lot of goals. If he does come here he would be a great addition to the squad.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...sie-join-Manchester-United.html#ixzz23AD5gUBq

SAF about van Persie:

"We just have to persevere. We are trying our best and hopefully it will come our way."

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1677556.html

Arteta and Wenger hailing Cazorla before Cazorla was signed: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...a-hails-Santi-Cazorla-ahead-Arsenal-move.html

I'm pretty sure Koscielny was praising Giroud too before he joined Arsenal.

What do you think players are going to answer when journalists ask something like: "There are rumours about Song joining you. Would he actually fit the system?"

"No, he wouldn't, he's shit, ugly and smells, wouldn't want him anywhere near Barcelona"?

Don't be so small time, fss.

Last edited:

Jenks

I never said it was something exclusively done by Barca, just that they have a history of it.

As to what players should say when asked, they should say what most of them do say, just that's he's a great player yada yada. "Pathetic" was probably an over-statement, though I do maintain that it lacks class, something Barca tend to pride themselves on over other clubs.

X

xaviniesta

:rofl1:

it's always funny to see those guys who hate something so bad they don't even remember who they exactly hate and why.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I never said it was something exclusively done by Barca, just that they have a history of it.

As to what players should say when asked, they should say what most of them do say, just that's he's a great player yada yada. "Pathetic" was probably an over-statement, though I do maintain that it lacks class, something Barca tend to pride themselves on over other clubs.

That's exactly what he and Busquets said (Iniesta? haven't seen those, so no comment). We've been through this before, you (or possibly some other forum member, brought up quotes and called them distasteful, we pointed out that the player said he never uttered those words + he was away on vacation when it happened).

This isn't even close to what Milan players have said about Kaka, City and United about van Persie, Arsenal about their signings, Madrid about Modric etc... Not to mention Juve and Jovetic, etc, etc, etc

Last edited:

Jenks

That's exactly what he and Busquets said [...]

We were talking about what Pique said. He talked about him loving to have him at Barcelona, and being very open to his arrival. That's going too far.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
wouldnt really be surprised if those are some made up news anyway. like those summers when all the barca players wanted to talk about the cesc transfer with the sun and other crap papers, in english, which they don't speak and in their short vacation. they have enough class not to sue those crapholes in first place.

So made up like Puyol dressing Fabregas in a Barcelona shirt during the WC ceremony. Barcelona are notorious for unsettling players and financing Arsenal's staduim.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
We were talking about what Pique said. He talked about him loving to have him at Barcelona, and being very open to his arrival. That's going too far.

He never said he'd love to have him at Barca, I already clarified that to you, didn't I? He gave the standard response about him being a good player who'd be welcome if he joined, nothing more, nothing less (oh, and he put on his earphones, supposedly with satanist music in it)

Here's the original article, if there's anything you want to ask about concerning what he said (my translation was slightly shortened) just shoot

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120...a-avala-fichaje-song-arsenal_54335463385.html

Last edited:

Jenks

Aren't we just splitting hairs? He talked about him possibly joining either way.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
And? It's what everyone does. You're just pissed of since it's a Barca player who said it. Have you read the RM players talking about Modric? Do you consider it pathetic? Inter? PSG? City? Man U? Arsenal? Liverpool? Spurs?

The real disgrace here is newspapers and other news outlets making up parts of statements and publishing articles without checking their sources, do you for example remember the news about Villa (or someone else?) insulting Özil because of his religion? The source: A blog run by a RM fan, and the newspapers never even denied it even when it was obvious that it was made up...

Sorry if I'm a bit annoyed by this, but how would you feel if people said Mo Hara and that girl who won the Hepathlon were vile human beings because of made up or purposely made-up quotes?

Last edited:

Jenks

And? It's what everyone does. You're just pissed of since it's a Barca player who said it.

Why would I be pissed because a Barca player was saying it? I'm not "pissed" at all by the way. I have no affiliation to Arsenal.

Sorry if I'm a bit annoyed by this, but how would you feel if people said Mo Hara and that girl who won the Hepathlon were vile human beings because of made up or purposely made-up quotes?

I genuinely don't really know. I'm not sure how the situations are really comparable though. I didn't call anyone anything, I commented on their actions. It's also something of a stretch to call those quotes "made up" too. They're perhaps exaggerated, but the point of contention stands. Pique was talking about another teams player joining Barca, something Barca players do all to often. Whether he said he'd be 'welcome' to it instead of saying he 'love for it to happen' doesn't make a huge deal of difference.

I've conceded that "pathetic" was an overstatement, but I'd definitely still call it classless.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Last edited:

Robbie

When AS Marca asked Cesc about the possible Song transfer today:

"I'd rather not talk about possible trades, out of respect to Arsenal, a club that I love"

U7P26.gif

Home of Barca Fans