Pep Guardiola

Windhook

Tbf, any coach is "perfect" for Barca, we are talking about a team that won the league one year without a coach. Just tell the players to play how they want to and you are guaranteed a double/treble just about every year, thats how easy it is to "coach" Barca.

Usually second spells at former clubs are not that good. Louis Van Gaal at Barcelona in 2002/03, Capello at Real Madrid in 2006/07 (although he won La Liga).

City is a fucking joke of a club. Huge mistake from him moving there.

Lost any respect I may have had with their "performance" in the CL semis last year.

Yes, one had to see it to believe it. Both teams looked like any other CL semifinalist would've buried 5 past them.

City were also particularly atrocious in the quarters as well, same for PSG, just a complete embarrassment.

Tbf, any coach is "perfect" for Barca, we are talking about a team that won the league one year without a coach. Just tell the players to play how they want to and you are guaranteed a double/treble just about every year, thats how easy it is to "coach" Barca.

Nonsense.

DHorozov

Just remembered how a lot of people were saying that Guardiola did nothing at Bayern, as every single manager could have won easily the title and the cup in Germany and he failed in the Champions League every time ...

Well, Ancelotti also failed in the Champions League, he also failed in the cup (have not watched Bayern more than 3-4 times in the Bundesliga, so cannot say if their display have progressed/regressed there) ...

Also, I think that Guardiola is actually doing a good job at City, despite the results. He brought good players for the future and will continue to do so this summer, the team is playing good football, but every single game they are making ridiculous misses (I mean really ridiculous) which cost them huge amount of points (+ the FA Cup final). And for the lack of finishing I don't think that Guardiola can make much about. The defense is crappy, but I am pretty sure he will work on this in the summer (left back, right back and another center back would be the ideal solution)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you seriously saying Pep did a good job in City? With already one of the strongest squads and unlimited budget. Battle for 4 place trophy being final achievement?
Resultwise City is actually worse now than under Pelegrino.

JamDav1982

Pep hasnt done a good job at City.

Bravo turned out to be an awful signing not suited to EPL and he persisted too long with him and he never addressed the full back areas last summer.

They will give him money to throw at it until get it right though.

City were the best team he could have joined and would have been expected to do a lot better.

khaled_a_d

Pep has done his worst job at City, but his work is truly underrated in Bayern. He inherited an old team and he made many good signings out there,he made them too dominant domestically too.

Ancelotti didn't really made them better than with Pep, And many Bayern fans thought that they are finally having a proper coach and everything will be gr8.
tbh I am quite happy with how this season has been for them,despite I actually like Ancelotti but it is good to have a reality check like that,specially after seeing many fans complaing about referee in PSG game for us. They can see now what is bad refereeing is about

El Guaje

Pep hasnt done a good job at City.

Bravo turned out to be an awful signing not suited to EPL and he persisted too long with him and he never addressed the full back areas last summer.

They will give him money to throw at it until get it right though.

City were the best team he could have joined and would have been expected to do a lot better.

How is he not suited to the epl? What is there to be/not to be suited to? He is a GK ffs. Are the balls behaving differently when shot towards goal when compared to la liga?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
How is he not suited to the epl? What is there to be/not to be suited to? He is a GK ffs. Are the balls behaving differently when shot towards goal when compared to la liga?

Bravo's aerial game is mediocre at best.

As for Carlo at BM, he has done a poor job. He doesn't have a good system there, overplaying stars for no reason and not using his youth correctly. And against RM, they couldn't score once from open play.

JamDav1982

He has never been great at balls into the box and far more of them in England.

But yes the balls they play with are the same.

El Guaje

In return he gets to have taller and better players to defend his goal compared to the midgets he had here. And it is not only about the balls into the box - he basically fails to save anything at all that is directed towards the goal. I dont remember the exact numbers but some weeks ago a commentator said (or did i read it somewhere?) that out of the last 8 shots towards goal he managed to save 0.

JamDav1982

In return he gets to have taller and better players to defend his goal compared to the midgets he had here. And it is not only about the balls into the box - he basically fails to save anything at all that is directed towards the goal. I dont remember the exact numbers but some weeks ago a commentator said (or did i read it somewhere?) that out of the last 8 shots towards goal he managed to save 0.

His fuck up tonight and a lot of them he has made have been balls a keeper should be claiming and not the defenders. So it still exposes that weakness.

He has barely saved a shot as his confidence was gone by looks of it.

xXKonan

Pep wanted Mats the most out of the two keepers. They used the already questionable atmosphere between the two to try and get Mats, but we aren't stupid and we told them to pay the 80 million euro buyout clause or go away. so they went with Bravo, and as you can see it didn't work out as plan.

Pep has to go back to the drawing board again in the summer, he needs a couple of Fullbacks,CB a Midfielder or two and a GK. Bravo, as good as he was with us it was a gamble to move overseas to a new country and a different language at his age and it didn't work out for either him and Pep.

13 out of 26 players at City are at the age of 30 or over, he can hardly do anything about it. Those guys know their on borrowed time, so adjusting completely to Pep style and being let go next season isn't ideal. Some of them are on their final contracts as well and the wages is also an issue. He did the best he could to bring in the players he wanted, he seems to have bought more young/inexperienced players, and the players their being linked to again seem young, so it'll be interesting to see if he's planning on staying their longer then 3 years.

Home of Barca Fans