Pep Guardiola

I don't particularly think he's been a failure since his Barca days, but that's maybe just due to the fact I don't just judge coaches off of titles.

xXKonan

I never thought Pep could replicate what he has done here, elsewhere to other teams. For me it simply wasn't possible for a number of reasons.

If you combine the Genius and talents of Xavi-Iniesta and Messi+Alves-Busi-Pique-Puyol-Abidal etc and his Philosophy you get some incredible results. the 2010/11 Barcelona was the best you will ever see from Pep Imo, everything fell into place from the Players to Pep.

It felt like it was one of those once in a lifetime deals. He's still an incredible manager, it's just very hard to replicate what he has done here with Bayern and City.

Barcilliant

I never thought Pep could replicate what he has done here, elsewhere to other teams. For me it simply wasn't possible for a number of reasons.

If you combine the Genius and talents of Xavi-Iniesta and Messi+Alves-Busi-Pique-Puyol-Abidal etc and his Philosophy you get some incredible results. the 2010/11 Barcelona was the best you will ever see from Pep Imo, everything fell into place from the Players to Pep.

It felt like it was one of those once in a lifetime deals. He's still an incredible manager, it's just very hard to replicate what he has done here with Bayern and City.

His first season was the best. He left us with a weaker side then he inherited. Too many midgets.

Barcilliant

He is not a good fit for City or the EPL.

He would have done better at Utd or Liverpool. These clubs have more pedigree and history.

I think Liverpool would have been good for him.

He also needs to show more pragmatism as a tactician and manager.

City are not Barca and never will be. Arsenal have tried to imitate us and look at them!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
His first season was the best. He left us with a weaker side then he inherited. Too many midgets.

To be fair to him, he got the board to sign Alves and Keite. And developed the likes of Busi, Pique, Pedro, etc pretty well.

Having that said, he also got them to sign the likes of Ibra, Cesc, etc. Got rid of people like Yaya Toure whom we could have used.

So yeah, we cannot exactly say he inherited a better than the one that he left behind. Which might have been the case, or not, but cannot entirely blame him for that, you know leaving us with a weaker side

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Seluk would have made Yaya leave for anything less than a guaranteed starting spot. This is the agent who made his client spark a mess over a birthday cake.

khaled_a_d

He is not a good fit for City or the EPL.

He would have done better at Utd or Liverpool. These clubs have more pedigree and history.

History means little in the world of football,and history is written all the time,we have written half of the club history (at least the internatilonal one) in the past doze of year, Chelsea is writing history since Abramovich took over.They are doing better than Aston Villa & Nottingham Forest
Pep accepted City job b/c he knows he will have full control their, will get unprecedented support from everyone to change the club the way he wants and to apply his ideas

CuleLife4Life

I don't particularly think he's been a failure since his Barca days, but that's maybe just due to the fact I don't just judge coaches off of titles.

I'd agree if he went to teams like Utd, Liverpool, or Arsenal who have stagnated but he went to teams that have had success recently. To go to Bayern and not win a Champions League with them after a treble season is a failure. You can't even count the league or cups since they have no competition for them. Man City also challenge and have won the league and have money to spend, which Pep defintely did last summer. To flunk out of UCL in last 16, lose out on the league in like January, and not have even top 4 wrapped up yet, is a failure.

Messi983

This would be interesting but don't really see it happen. I would like to see him at Bilbao though. He said a few years ago he'd like to manage them one day.

[tw]845197518145175552[/tw]

El Flaco

Mancini on Guardiola's struggling at Man City

Not all managers who experience difficult times get sacked. Given his own history, Mancini has had more than a passing interest in Pep Guardiola’s rocky start to life in England’s top flight.

“I was lucky enough to experience an exceptional period with City. We won so much and played great football,” he said.

“Now they have Guardiola, who I consider a good coach. But they are struggling a little and there is a reason.

“In Spain, as coach of Barcelona, he had Messi, Iniesta and a phenomenal team. Plus La Liga is always a two-horse race with Real Madrid, the only rival.

“Then he went to Germany, where Bayern Munich always wins and therefore he did not have a difficult life.

“But, in England, it is a different story because you can have as many as six Premier League clubs who can vie for the title and now there are the problems.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/rober...anage-celtic-in-the-champions-league-one-day/

Home of Barca Fans