Christian Eriksen

Messi983

That was last year.

I still believe they won't sell for much less this summer. They don't need money and I think they'll prefer to keep Eriksen for another season and then sell next summer if he won't want to renew. In the meantime they'll do anything to convince him to stay.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Funny how this didn't come to light last year. With the author being Aguilar too I think this is 100% BS.

Sport said we might be interested in Eriksen so MD obviously have to deny that.

Messi983

Well, they had a lot of stuff to write about last summer with Verratti, Neymar and Coutinho transfer sagas. Right now there is not a lot going on and they still have to sell papers so it's time for Aguilar to use his "inside informations". :lol:

Though I don't think it's totally unbelieveable we've asked about Eriksen in last days of August when it was more or less clear that Liverpool won't sell Coutinho and it's understandable Tottenham didn't want to sell when their season has already started. So while Aguilar's articles are usually full of BS I think this story could have some legs.

MTL_Barca

Article is probably just bullshit but a pricetag of more than a 100 mil should be expected on all of their star players. They play CL and don't need the money, not exactly the best circumstances to get a good deal.

Sorin

I'd reckon 80-100 mill would be enough if Eriksen is dead set on leaving Spurs this summer. While he is their star player along with Kane and Alli he also has only 2 years of contract left. They would sell for a lot less next summer. Max 60 million, if that. Maybe they'll take the loss with the hope that they can do some damage this year in PL and CL. Not sure they have any chances in the league with City consolidating even more. So they will hope they can go deep in the CL which is easier but also pretty unlikely.

I'm dead certain that if Griezmann continues with Atleti, we'll set our sights on Eriksen until the 9th of August when PL closes shop for transfers. If that is good planing, I don't know.

Jombi

I'd reckon 80-100 mill would be enough if Eriksen is dead set on leaving Spurs this summer. While he is their star player along with Kane and Alli he also has only 2 years of contract left. They would sell for a lot less next summer. Max 60 million, if that. Maybe they'll take the loss with the hope that they can do some damage this year in PL and CL. Not sure they have any chances in the league with City consolidating even more. So they will hope they can go deep in the CL which is easier but also pretty unlikely.

I'm dead certain that if Griezmann continues with Atleti, we'll set our sights on Eriksen until the 9th of August when PL closes shop for transfers. If that is good planing, I don't know.

2 years left of contract is plenty and it wont reduce the price much if anything. 80-100m seems like a fantasy price to me. Tottenham would be proper knuckleheads to even consider such a fee. How much money do RM have to spend on transfers this summer? 500m? More?

Vilarrubi

80m-100m... Pogba was more than that.... Eriksen for me has been in the top 3 players in the PL over the last 2 seasons. And we just paid 160m for Coutinho.

Sorin

2 years reduces the price. I mean how could it not?

We paid through the nose for Coutinho and Dembele because these fuckers had 4 to 5 years of contract left. You mean to tell me we'd have to pay the same amount for a player with only 2 left? I mean Levy could do that but he would also have to be ready to lose money if he doesn't renew. Levy is a tough negotiator, I agree, but he also knows when cut his loses. He did that with Modric who didn't want to renew and threw a bitch fit. Sold him to Madrid. If Eriksen wants to leave he'll have to compromise no doubt.

Jombi

2 years reduces the price. I mean how could it not?

We paid through the nose for Coutinho and Dembele because these fuckers had 4 to 5 years of contract left. You mean to tell me we'd have to pay the same amount for a player with only 2 left? I mean Levy could do that but he would also have to be ready to lose money if he doesn't renew. Levy is a tough negotiator, I agree, but he also knows when cut his loses. He did that with Modric who didn't want to renew and threw a bitch fit. Sold him to Madrid. If Eriksen wants to leave he'll have to compromise no doubt.

1 year definitely about halves the price, but 2 years is a long time and lots of things can happen and its not like he has announced he wont sign a new contract. It wont reduce the price much at all. Coutinho and Dembele would have been pretty much the same price even if they had 2 years left. We paid what we did because of their star status and the Neymar money we had.

Sorin

We paid what we did for Coutinho and Dembele for a few reasons.

1. Money from the Neymar sale
2. Contacting Liverpool and Dortmund in August
3. 4 year of contract left for Dembele, 4 and a half for Coutinho
4. Actually taking Coutinho in January instead of waiting until the summer
5. We were desperate as shit. Announcing on media who we want.

All these factors weighted in the sums paid. They would cost far less if we'd plan for them accordingly. Instead we acted desperate and amateurish.

None applies to a hypothetical Eriksen's signing. Well we could still contact them in the last days of transfers and made to look silly again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans