Christian Eriksen

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lemar, Eriksen and Coutinho are three players with different characteristics. Strengths and weaknesses.

Looks like people just throw out names now. He would be better, no he would, no that player would! without even considering what they will bring and what we may want the most in our midfield, or need the most.

serghei

Coutinho is the best for what we need. Close ball control and progressive play. Able to play in midfield or even in attack if needed. Reasonably young, fast, with good pace, very good technique and a bloody good long range shot. Basically one of those players teams need to worry about because he has several weapons in his arsenal that can decide a match, and unlike other players, he is also a factor in the build-up because of his underrated passing skills, and isn't just a panache player.

Pretty similar in quality and style with Isco.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Eriksen RCM and Coutinho LCM would be the dream. Eriksen with those Xavi-esque passes that cut open a defense, we've seen them from him so many times. While Coutinho, even though overpriced, i can't see a better fit for our Iniesta spot right now, and that he wouldn't be a gamble to buy, with his drive forward and the ability to play wide left if needed. Not to mention both have rockets in their legs, capable of scoring long range screamers anywhere, anytime, so we'd have that as a bonus from both our CM spots as well.

Last edited:

clemente

Eriksen is way too good in attack to use him deep as a 'xavi' role, I would put there someone like Dahoud or Goretzka probably.

DonAK

He's so well liked in here which is kinda odd as he's not half as well liked in the Spurs forums I've perused.

And which forums might that be? Would be nice to have links or anything substantial.

For what it's worth he seem to be revered in this forum: https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/christian-eriksen.6682/page-228

And someone there brought up a good point. Modric just like Eriksen was never regarded that highly by others until he was gone. Not saying Eriksen is as good as Modric, but definitely underrated, and especially by a lot of Brits who rate a glorified second-striker/forward like Dele Alli over him(newsflash, he's not a CM so stop acting like that and call him for what he is, a second striker or forward at worst).

Last edited:

springfield

Eriksen is a good player but not a great one.

We have enough good and mediocre players. Now we need an outstanding players. Quality over quantity.

Eriksen is not good enough, Coutinho is expensive and Fekir is untested.

To me Lemar would be the best bet.

Not sure if serious? Telling Eriksen is mediocore but wanting Lemar. What has Lemar done more than Eriksen?

clemente

And which forums might that be? Would be nice to have links or anything substantial.

For what it's worth he seem to be revered in this forum: https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/christian-eriksen.6682/page-228

And someone there brought up a good point. Modric just like Eriksen was never regarded that highly by others until he was gone. Not saying Eriksen is as good as Modric, but definitely underrated, and especially by a lot of Brits who rate a glorified second-striker/forward like Dele Alli over him(newsflash, he's not a CM so stop acting like that and call him for what he is, a second striker or forward at worst).

Pretty sure brits that actually watch football know that Alli isn't a midfielder and they don't rate him over Eriksen.

JamDav1982

Pretty sure brits that actually watch football know that Alli isn't a midfielder and they don't rate him over Eriksen.

Alli can easily play deeper in midfield even though plays higher up the park often with Spurs.

I would rather have Alli of the two of them.

Eriksen is good player as well though.

clemente

Alli can easily play deeper in midfield even though plays higher up the park often with Spurs.

I would rather have Alli of the two of them.

Eriksen is good player as well though.

Eriksen is a way better player, better dribbler, much better passer, chance creator, likely even better finisher too but Alli scores a lot by playing as a second striker. I don't even know what Alli is better at tbh, he is probably stronger and can win headers, but its not our style, I'm surprised you would take him over Eriksen.

JamDav1982

Eriksen is a way better player, better dribbler, much better passer, chance creator, likely even better finisher too but Alli scores a lot by playing as a second striker. I don't even know what Alli is better at tbh, he is probably stronger and can win headers, but its not our style, I'm surprised you would take him over Eriksen.

No he isnt.

Alli is better finisher, better dribbler, more powerful, more atheltic and can play more positions.

DonAK

Eriksen is a better player. No doubt about that. Eriksen has more impact on the game in that one position he plays than Alli has in all the multiple positions he can play, and in the end it's always Quality > Quantity, which Spurs fans also seem to realize with several posters in that forum pointing out how Eriksen is the guy that makes them tick performance-wise. That's not to say Alli isn't important for Spurs, which he is, but that's not the argument here.

JamDav rating Alli over Eriksen is no surprise. He kept rambling about Stones all the time too while nitpicking every simple mistake Umtiti committed, staying quiet when Stones had a torrid time. Obviously when called out regarding that he would be AWOL or simply try to deflect the discussion, everyone who has been around here long enough knows how that goes.

Eriksen beats Alli out in every aspect statistically too: http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...ed/successful_take_ons_%/successful_passes#90

So keep rambling about how he is physically better like all these English players are in comparison to their peers, eventually losing out in impact and quality over the years.

And I don't even dislike Alli. I think he's an exciting talent who could go on to become a true great player for England if they can hire a competent manager for once, and he doesn't fade away, but it's rubbish to claim he's better than others when it's not true.

And to claim he's a midfielder, a center midfielder at that is even more ridiculous. A player that advanced up the field in 9/10 games he plays is not a center midfielder, and whether he can play that position or not is not a valid point when he hasn't proven that he can, or been tried out there often enough.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Not quite I said I rated Stones higher at the time and was nothing to do with nit picking mistakes.

You should go back to telling me how Barca should sign fucking Belotti as he is like Suarez..... while I want Griezmann.

Prefer Alli to Eriksen without a doubt.

Those stats dont mean anything unless comparing players in same position for those games.

DonAK

Not quite I said I rated Stones higher at the time and was nothing to do with nit picking mistakes.

You should go back to telling me how Barca should sign fucking Belotti as he is like Suarez..... while I want Griezmann.

Prefer Alli to Eriksen without a doubt.

Those stats dont mean anything unless comparing players in same position for those games.

I can go back and pull up my posts saying Belotti is an interesting prospect in case we want a striker similar to Suarez, a pure CF, but like you I never claimed Belotti objectively was a better player than Griezmann. Nice try though. :)

Those stats mean a lot since Eriksen playing deeper has a higher dribbling percentage, chances created and key passes than Alli who plays more advanced up the field, and that's precisely what Barcelona need. A player capable of playing in the midfield, a creative midfielder, not a glorified second-striker, CAM at best whom the English press claim to be a center midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans