Would you sell Messi for €250mil?

Would you sell Messi for €250 mil?

• Total voters

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
That would almost completely clear our debt and would set us up forever practically. So I would like to know if you would sell him for that or not.

I would like well thought out answers if possible, not just emotional replies please.

B

blueduck

If I was you, I'd sell him in about 3, 4 or 5 years for that price.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
How come you would sell him Pippo? what price would you put on Pato before you would sell him for example?

Chucka

Hussein Said know your role
The question is, would we still be the force without Messi and would we be able to get a decent replacement for him?

I'll be honest if he didn't mind going and we had a great replacement lined up for example Perotti and then play Pedro (if he develops even more and becomes the real deal) then i would as i think these two would be very much good enough with Ibra in the middle. Although that right there could go horribly wrong, Messi isn't just someone on the wing (even though he never plays there anyway) he's a creative force and adds the creativity in the box plus the amount of goals he gives us, no one can replace that.

It relies on this for me
- if we could get a great replacement (someone like Perotti)
- if Pedro or another youth player progresses so we are able to start him on the other wing.
- If our striker was scoring enough goals, whoever that may be, so the loss of Messi's goals wouldn't kill us completely.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Since it's a serious question I'll move it to polls. No sale is my choice. Aside with his qualities as a player. You simply don't sell your best asset as assets generate cashflow.

S

Super Pippo

I would put the long term security club over one player all the time. Milan did it with Kaka', and although it is not easy to let your best player leave, I have to say it was for the best.

The only question I would put on it is how much you would then need to spend to fill the position.

S

Super Pippo

Pato in reality is 40M, for me 50 - 60, but the club would deal for less.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Businesswise, obviously yes. It's an offer too big to refuse in terms of money. But we don't need to get rid of the debt this summer (and the club is doing well), so I would pick the sports aspect over money and not sell him. Moreover, clearing debt will open the floodgates for the next board, you know how things work, it will be pushed to the limit.

And of course, Messi is a Barcelona product, not a player like with all the other monster transfer fees. + He is world's best player at this point.

You should keep your best players as long as you don't need the money.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
I would sell him for about 600 mil. :D Just to cover all the debt and buy Silva as replacement. Real is the only club that can`t get him..:D

I voted for option "no" because 600 mil. is a price which none will pay...

Home of Barca Fans