Thiago Alcantara

USWAY

I agree, impossible to keep them all happy.

Tito getting the blame for that though and perhaps he could have given him more minutes. But more minutes against the relegation fighting La Liga teams or Copa and meaningless CL games are not what these guys are after. They want to start in the biggest games.

Yup. The only thing that gave me hope was the 3-4-3. Using 4 midfielders made me think it'd be possible but that formation wasn't sustainable. I think Tito could've rotated Xavi and Thiago s bit more, but I don't blame Tito because it was inevitable.

I do think, however, the nonchalant attitude about the situation is a bit weird though, from everyone in the organization. Usually you see management, coaches, and players coming out in media with hopes that the player stays, but everyone so far seems to not really care and just content to let him go if he wants. Kinda sucks.

Thiago is easily my favorite player in the squad, but if/when he leaves there will be no moping from me, as a resigned myself to this possible fate two summers ago. And I don't intend on being a fanboy if he does move on, or clamoring for his return in the future like some with Cesc. I think everybody should realize he's going to be a future star in Barcelona or not so accept that. Talk of him being "a nothing player" is a joke.

aki13

That was some performance. Would love him to stay, but realistically we will never keep him happy unless he starts playing ahead of Cesc and in place of Xavi more often.

CatalinR10

Tw Ferdinand (Man Utd): "ESP u21 were too much! Thiago wants the ball under pressure. We need to produce that kind of mentality in our kids"

MagIX

The point is:

Xavi is 33 and Thiago is 22.
Xavi is the past, Thiago is the future.

Xavi is a legend. One of the best midfielder ever, i think he can play 1-2 more years at the top.

I can understand that Thiago want to play more minutes or games (he would be in the 11 starter in any other team).

What we have to do ?

Darko

plus he was smiling and hugging with De Gea and didnt see him once celebrating with Montoya,Tello or Bartra :(

Plz stay :cry:

The point is:

Xavi is 33 and Thiago is 22.
Xavi is the past, Thiago is the future.

Xavi is a legend. One of the best midfielder ever, i think he can play 1-2 more years at the top.

I can understand that Thiago want to play more minutes or games (he would be in the 11 starter in any other team).

What we have to do ?

Rotate better and give Thiago more playing time. Sell Cesc IF necessary (I don't think it is, but many here seem to).

ebc_99

Thiago won't leave, why would he? For more minutes?, he will get them at Barcelona he just has to be patient. I have not heard anything from Thiago or his father to make me think he will leave. They just want guarantees of a bigger part in the team which is understandable from their point of view, but Tito is right not to play him more.

If Tito plays him to make sure that clause does not get activated then that is the wrong reason to play him. To play in the Barcelona midfield you have to earn it, nothing should be given for free. Thiago has to perform at a higher level if he wants to play more and that should motivate him to lift his performance, like Xavi and Iniesta did.

I think he will stay but if he leaves then that will be his decision, nobody at the club wants him to leave, he is not up for sale it is entirely up to him so if he leaves it will be his mistake not the clubs. He would be missed but he would miss the club more.

JamDav1982

Rotate better and give Thiago more playing time. Sell Cesc IF necessary (I don't think it is, but many here seem to).

Its not just about giving players more time it is about playing them in the biggest games where they would play at any other team.

I doubt a few more games against La Liga cannon fodder or cup, meaningless CL games would make a difference.

It is about feeling trusted to play the biggest games.

You cant possibly rotate enough to keep four players of that standard happy. Two have ended this season wanting to play more.

mixer

Talking about more playing time, but the question is, would he have more playing time at Manchester United or anywhere else on the same level?

He has to be patient.

Home of Barca Fans