USA

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
These things happen in every league in the world. A great club can be held to a draw or even beaten buy a lesser club. But don't go thinking it will happen very often. I'll admit you deserved a point..... JUST! but don't get pushy mate. You're still a long way behind our overall level.

USA, USA, USA!

There we go again, personally i think USA could have snuck a win with a bit more luck. Only saw the last 30 minutes myself and England while having the edge possession wise weren't all that. And i've been led to believe through word of mouth that the Americans played the better football in the first half, could have been it was England who were lucky to come out with a point ;)

B

beautifulgame

Please..

Both teams were shit. As far as I'm concerned neither team deserved a point. The spectators were the ones that lost most: almost two hours of our lives!

beef-supreme

I think you might be being a little ott there mate. but fair play to you guys. You were'nt expected to get anything from the game and you ended up with a very good point which over the full 90 mins was probably well deserved.

It was obvious that England are a better team. But credit to the USA team, They worked realy hard and have given themselves a good chance of progressing. Well done. But don't be getting aheaad of yourself mate. You are a nation who is the master of sports only you guys play. So ofcourse you are still playing catchup.

These things happen in every league in the world. A great club can be held to a draw or even beaten buy a lesser club. But don't go thinking it will happen very often. I'll admit you deserved a point..... JUST! but don't get pushy mate. You're still a long way behind our overall level.

Actually it's not at all obvious that England are a better team.
England were shite, the statistics were basically 50-50 even, and while the US goal was lucky, England can't string a set of passes together to save their lives. They don't play football, they play punt it to the only skilled player (Rooney) and make him run.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
USA! Let's go! I love determined teams such as Korea and USA. True, their goal was lucky but imo. they deserved the point.

C

CTID

Please..

Both teams were shit. As far as I'm concerned neither team deserved a point. The spectators were the ones that lost most: almost two hours of our lives!

I was thinking the same thing. If i were neutral this game would be very boring to watch. Both teams where average to say the least. The US team never give up and you have to credit that. England where and are the more skillfull team with the better players. If they can ever perform together then we can be as good as anybody with the class we have. Typical England realy. But nobody has looked great so far although it's only the second day. France and the Argies look very average too. England will i'm sure beat Algeria and Slovenia and will get stronger as we progress. Look at France last year. Very poor throughout but made it all the way to the final. I wouldn't mind drawing with the USA in a nervy opening if we made it that far.

Oh and DEVINEVISITOR. I can Guarantee you one Footballing joke that wont be in the final for sure.....SCOTLAND! :rofl1:

danny10257

Please..

lol. i think that when any "GREAT" team plays usa they go down to our supposedly inferior level of play. and then we end up barley losing or tieing. im a optimistic USA fan!!!!!!!!

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
why cant you english do anything right and crush the yanks so i dont have to hear bout it here in canada?????

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I was thinking the same thing. If i were neutral this game would be very boring to watch. Both teams where average to say the least. The US team never give up and you have to credit that. England where and are the more skillfull team with the better players. If they can ever perform together then we can be as good as anybody with the class we have. Typical England realy. But nobody has looked great so far although it's only the second day. France and the Argies look very average too. England will i'm sure beat Algeria and Slovenia and will get stronger as we progress. Look at France last year. Very poor throughout but made it all the way to the final. I wouldn't mind drawing with the USA in a nervy opening if we made it that far.

Oh and DEVINEVISITOR. I can Guarantee you one Footballing joke that wont be in the final for sure.....SCOTLAND! :rofl1:

Dunno, i'd say South Korea looked good, as for Argentina they should have won by 3 or 4 goals. Played some sublime football.

Don't you worry about us Scot's though, we always find plenty of ways to entertain ourselves during the tournaments we miss out on qualification for ;)
Besides, it's all about 2034 for us anyway:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
iliza1.jpg

Fail.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I just find it funny that England takes the tie as a loss and Americans take it as a win. And an extremely lucky tie at that.

Merv

Not all Americans feel that way. I was hoping we'd get the three points. Besides, a goal is a goal. Can't help Green has butterfingers.

Home of Barca Fans