USA

B

beautifulgame

dotSC
Everytime I watch Team USA, I just get this overwhelming sense of 'pretenders' rather than contenders...A side full of players giving the appearance of footballers..

+1
Very accurate description. :)

XaviMessiGirl

lol this is why I don't follow MLS or anything, even being American... pathetic to me compared to European or South American football. Not even teams that have foreign players on them can compare really.

D

dotSC

lol this is why I don't follow MLS or anything, even being American... pathetic to me compared to European or South American football. Not even teams that have foreign players on them can compare really.

We've only had a real pro league in this country for 15 years. How long has Europe had organized football? 100+ plus years? Cut us some slack.:p

sMiLeYz

FC Barcelona is by far the best football team on the planet, every team looks amateurish compared to us. Of course MLS doesn't look up to snuff. You must consider that the MLS team salary budget for a whole year is about the same as Barca's budget for the a week. They don't obviously play the best football, but the level is really good for the money.

Recent MLS friendly results:
DC United vs AC Milan 3-2 : Ronaldinho, Pato, Nesta, Seedorf started and lost to a DC United side that is LAST PLACE in the league, DC United was also down a man for the most of the 2nd half
New York Red Bulls vs Juventus 3-1: 2nd team of New York beat Fabio Grosso, Del Piero, Amuari, David Trezeguet
Sounders FC vs Boca Juniors 3-0: Sounder's second team utterly dominated a first team Boca squad that only missed Riquelme (injury) and Palermo

Of course these are only friendlies, but the USA is an up and coming footballing power that shouldn't be taken lightly. Just like Czech Republic vs USA was only a friendly that showed the USA lacked any depth at all.

XaviMessiGirl

Juve were missing some of their better players though due to WC training I believe, not sure on the others.

Boca Juniors are not doing as well in Argentina as they used to if I'm not mistaken either

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
well the match with turkey is moments away, turkey to take this shit :D

its also being held at the eagles stadium :)

knuckle head tuncay should eb 1 -0 turkey

1-0 turkey after arda turin puts it in :D man the USA look terrible but their commentatrs overate them at every second :lol: its really funny

USA win with a typical blown preformance from turkey

danny10257

we won, very nice. i didnt get to see the second goal becasue i was help my dad outside. :(
i came back and they were talking about it but no replays.

iced1776

Defending was truly awful in the first half, Spector is a joke and Demerit gives every attacker at least 5 yards of space.

Rest of the game was much more promising though, Torres must start in the midfield next to Bradley. It's encouraging to see the team actually using patient build up instead of playing the long ball.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
turkey should have finished this game off earlier and then they try and sit back on a lead when it never ever works for them, hiddink has a lot of work to do to make this team actually challange

danny10257

USA vs. england!!!!!!!! i have a good feeling. go usa !!!!!!!! it is going to start in a few minutes. i think we are goiing to win by 2 goals. optimistic!

D

dotSC

Good game by the boys today. Maybe could've done a little more to go after the win, though.

veryfatchocobo

blahblahblah US are nothing blahblahblah we'll win comfortably blahbalhblah we're the strongest team in the WC blahblahblah

Oops. Whoever said those just bit their tongue today.

C

CTID

blahblahblah US are nothing blahblahblah we'll win comfortably blahbalhblah we're the strongest team in the WC blahblahblah

Oops. Whoever said those just bit their tongue today.

I think you might be being a little ott there mate. but fair play to you guys. You were'nt expected to get anything from the game and you ended up with a very good point which over the full 90 mins was probably well deserved.

It was obvious that England are a better team. But credit to the USA team, They worked realy hard and have given themselves a good chance of progressing. Well done. But don't be getting aheaad of yourself mate. You are a nation who is the master of sports only you guys play. So ofcourse you are still playing catchup.

These things happen in every league in the world. A great club can be held to a draw or even beaten buy a lesser club. But don't go thinking it will happen very often. I'll admit you deserved a point..... JUST! but don't get pushy mate. You're still a long way behind our overall level.

Home of Barca Fans