Lionel Messi - v7

sikkboy

I would leave in January if I was him. This team cannot be carried anymore and he cannot carry anymore. A real shame what we have become.

P.S. walking, sulking, 34 yo after International break with no rest Messi created 4 chances for us.

Superman Bayern molded Coutinho, wonder child fdj, decade of dominance dembele and franchise player Griezmann did absolutely nothing. Go figure. Being worse than a player on his last professional season.

:lol: Sad but true. Utterly tragic what this team has become.

Daniele

Messi didn't show up tonight. (What the fuck does Ibra have to do with it?).
The point of the question is: can a 33-year-old play 3 games in 10 days with the jetleg?
Did the other forwards on the pitch play better? (No).
Would the substitutes have done better? I don't think so, but anyway Messi had to rest.
The problem therefore lies with the one who cannot manage the players rotation.
Read: Koeman.

kattanib

Messi didn't show up tonight. (What the fuck does Ibra have to do with it?).
The point of the question is: can a 33-year-old play 3 games in 10 days with the jetleg?
Did the other forwards on the pitch play better? (No).
Would the substitutes have done better? I don't think so, but anyway Messi had to rest.
The problem therefore lies with the one who cannot manage the players rotation.
Read: Koeman.

Who should he play instead? We are short of options lol

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Should leave because Barca is desperate for money. His contribution on the pitch is laughable, especially who someone who has the club in a financial chokehold.

BBZ8800

2 weeks ago people laughed at me when I said that a current Ibra is a better player than a current Messi.

Not only that he is better, but it is not even debatable or a close contest anymore.

About Messi's decline, I thought that he will sink like a Titanic.

But he is declining way faster than Titanic.

Btw, is it now 15 matches in a row without a goal from an open play against 11 men?

** It is not even funny anymore.
I used to joke, but at this rate we will end outside of top4.

This is Gaspart's era of bad.
Except that our team is 10 times more richer than back then.
And the opponents are shittier than ever.

** Btw, remember when people said: it can't get worse than under Valverde.
The bigger cancer in our history.
He is using a team in wrong way.
It is like giving a Ferrari to a guy who can't drive.
A team will fly after him.

I said a few times that there is a huge chance that in the future we will be so shit that soon we will look to Valverde's days and results with nostalgia.
It sounded impossible.

When we'll finish 4th or 5th this season, Valverde's three season won't look like the worst Barca in a history, which they never were, of course.

The sad thing is: we haven't reached the bottom yet.

Last edited:

Laplacian

The messi thing wasn't predictable, but it was hilarious people thinking he could play until his late 30s simply because he's talented lol. Remember the days of he can just move deeper into midfield and play Xavi's role...? :lol:

The completely unbalanced, defensively weak team though - that was completely predictable and avoidable. Now that they finally realise we need new players, we're too broke and bloated to invest in that anyways. Yeah we won't be able to bounce back for at least another 2 years.

BBZ8800

Yeah we won't be able to bounce back for at least another 2 years.

Imo, it will last longer.

This is why,:
1. We don't have money for new players
2. Even when we had money for players, our level of success with transfers was atrocious
3. For years we were buying players to boost Messi's last years.
Without Messi, some of our signings will be unneeded.
4. Our board is stuck in the past. Busi, Trincao, Pjanic. Turtles, who's physical skills are outdated.
But we are Barca, we don't need pace and physique. We live in the past.
5. Who knows how many bad coaches we will hire until we get lucky?
6. We still have too many useless amigos.

When you sum it all, it will take way more than two years.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Load of shit bbz. Valverde had a team in much better shape and a lot younger. Yiu should know that player declines are on average an exponential curve.

Laplacian

Imo, it will last longer.

This is why,:
1. We don't have money for new players
2. Even when we had money for players, our level of success with transfers was atrocious
3. For years we were buying players to boost Messi's last years.
Without Messi, some of our signings will be unneeded.
4. Our board is stuck in the past. Busi, Trincao, Pjanic. Turtles, who's physical skills are outdated.
But we are Barca, we don't need pace and physique. We live in the past.
5. Who knows how many bad coaches we will hire until we get lucky?
6. We still have too many useless amigos.

When you sum it all, it will take way more than two years.

Yeah, you're right. If it wasn't for Covid I'd say 2 years, but with the lack of fans and what not things will be a lot harder. We'll need to be really lucky with a our next transfers in order to bounce back. What if Haaland and Mbappe go like, "I want to be the guy known for bringing back Barcelona to their former glory", or Aulas feels sorry for Barcelona and gives us his midfield players for cheap...

Other than getting lucky I don't see how we can make it within 2 years.

FinBarcelonafan

Load of shit bbz. Valverde had a team in much better shape and a lot younger. Yiu should know that player declines are on average an exponential curve.

True, this is something BBZ always mention. Comparing Messi, Alba, Pique and even Busi from 2-3 years ago is no not fair. They used to better.

Home of Barca Fans