Lionel Messi - v7

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His body language is dead too. It's like he doesn't believe in himself anymore, no sense of urgency in his actions. In the past every counter with Messi leading it would end with an average-to-great chance, now he either fluffs the pass or the defenders catch up with him and dispossess/foul him.

JohnN

I would leave in January if I was him. This team cannot be carried anymore and he cannot carry anymore. A real shame what we have become.

P.S. walking, sulking, 34 yo after International break with no rest Messi created 4 chances for us.

Superman Bayern molded Coutinho, wonder child fdj, decade of dominance dembele and franchise player Griezmann did absolutely nothing. Go figure. Being worse than a player on his last professional season.

Givenchy

I would leave in January if I was him. This team cannot be carried anymore and he cannot carry anymore. A real shame what we have become.

P.S. walking, sulking, 34 yo after International break with no rest Messi created 4 chances for us.

Superman Bayern molded Coutinho, wonder child fdj, decade of dominance dembele and franchise player Griezmann did absolutely nothing. Go figure. Being worse than a player on his last professional season.

exactly.. truly sad how shit we are these days

kattanib

His body language is dead too. It's like he doesn't believe in himself anymore, no sense of urgency in his actions. In the past every counter with Messi leading it would end with an average-to-great chance.

The concept of Messi dependencia or something was developed long ago because when Messi is having an off game against Chelsea for example Barca is paralyzed.. but back then he would be off once every five games or so .. now it is every game. He became a liability and it makes no sense to keep him anymore

Last edited:

Morten

Zlatan would score a lot in La Liga. He's just a top striker who doesn't rely as much on pace. Not even peak Zlatan was very fast and used more his body to control bolls and exploit chances.

Messi is the opposite. Low height, poor in the air, doesn't shoot with both feet, doesn't move, doesn't keep a position well, and he has lost the spark in terms of speed and acceleration. He's finished as an elite scorer.

I dont know what peak Zlatan even means, was he really any better 10 years ago than now? I dont see much difference.

serghei

I dont know what peak Zlatan even means, was he really any better 10 years ago than now? I dont see much difference.

He was better, but you're right, his style is the same. Relies on technique, striker instinct, using his body and his skills to dominate his opponents.

Home of Barca Fans