Junior Firpo

LABarcaFan

Junior Firpo at 22 y.o. is my choice over J.Alba. It is time for our old bone veterans like Pique, Alba, Busquets and Suarez to sit on the bench. Their primes are way behind. Barca needs new blood. Players like Firpo , De Jong, Alena, Riqui e.t.c. But, with this old school coach, nothing will change. A proven players like Firpo and D.Alaba will sit on the bench, so 30 y.o. Alba can play! WTF !!!

tacticvarium

Really excited to see this guy.
30m seems a bit much but considering how the whole football market is suffering a lack of full-back talents, it's probably a bargain.

snowy

Upcoming seas looking good :thumbsup: With the new signings. I predict Valv benching more vets next year. Firpo will mage a few goals and assist and will become an instant fan fav.

I can see like it already happened. Crystal clear on ma orbuculum.

MTL_Barca

I don't think Alba would take it well if he has to sit on the bench more frequently so let's see how Ernie reacts :lol:

But it would still be nice to have a good young LB, even if Alba starts most games next season he will still turn 31 and won't keep his speed forever.

Sorin

[tw]1152334137908486145[/tw]

I could cry dawg.

We finally getting a proper LB.

Also ARA. Cat is a good source as well. It's not a Tabloid sports paper like SPORT and MD are and they don't always write transfer rumors, but when they do it's usually due to the fact there's likely truth to it.

I've read the article and Firpo is the one Valverde wants the most. The article also mentions the names popped up such as Alaba, Phillip Maxx, Guerreiro are likely leaked to the Catalan press in order to put pressure on the selling club.

Betis needs the money to buy Borja Iglesias.

https://www.ara.cat/esports/Junior-...um=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=ara

tumblr_p3nqdhz7401upcifjo1_540.gif

Replace shield with "starting spot".

Messi983

He won't be "benched" for half of the season like he was under Lucho. If I have to guess Alba will still start around 70% of the games, including the most important ones as long as he's healthy but if Firpo will play good when given opportunity this should put more pressure on Alba.

I don't believe a deal is really as close as reported but would be happy to be wrong. Anyway, if Miranda will be included I don't think it will be confirmed before he's coming back from U19 Euro which could be tomorrow if Spain lose tonight against Italy or next week (Semi-finals are played on 24th and Final on 27th).

Meanwhile Firpo is still on vacations and IIRC he has to report to Betis trainings on July 23 or 24 so would be great if we could strike a deal in next days though he probably wouldn't join the team before they came back from Japan and would have to train individually/with Barça B or maybe with some of our Copa America participants (don't know when they are supposed to return) for a few days.

Last edited:

jairzinho

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="fr"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barcelona are about to sign Junior Firpo for 30 million euros plus Juan Miranda on loan. The two parties are about to finalise the agreement. [radio marca] <a href="https://t.co/Vi8wLuNECx">pic.twitter.com/Vi8wLuNECx</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1152333399568371712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">19 juillet 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He'll be a great deputy LB for Alba as he ages, and I think he'd make a very good LM too in the case we ever use a 4-4-2 because he looks like a very talented dribbler.

----Griez-Messi
Firpo-De Jong-Arthur-Dembele
Alba-Lenglet--Pique-Semedo

Could be a decent option to have, there are always some times where you have to switch from your main formation.

kattanib

He'll be a great deputy LB for Alba as he ages, and I think he'd make a very good LM too in the case we ever use a 4-4-2 because he looks like a very talented dribbler.

----Griez-Messi
Firpo-De Jong-Arthur-Dembele
Alba-Lenglet--Pique-Semedo

Could be a decent option to have, there are always some times where you have to switch from your main formation.

Dembele and Roberto is a better balance (both Dembele and Semedo are about speed and not technique)

LABarcaFan

True but Alba didn't like Neymar either. Neymar took always the ball from him and didn't let him shine.

Neymar and Alba is a bad combination.

I absolutely agree with you, but in this case, Neymar is the right one. Alba's primary job is to DEFEND and if possible to bring the ball to the middle from where, Neymar can take over. How would you feel if you are Neymar or Coutinho or Dembele and you can see this guy running along the side line, all the way to the out-line. That can make you look stupid, right? I am 200% sure, if Ney comes back, there will be huge scandal between him and Alba. And again, Neymar will be the right one. Jordi has to learn to stay in his zone and play defense. We have enough front-line players to create situations and score.

Home of Barca Fans