Junior Firpo

serghei

Not because he's ideal. But Hazard-Isco in behind Benzema might work alright actually.

Or a 1-2. With Isco in the '10' and Hazard - Benzema attack. 4-1-2-1-2. Casemiro bottom, Kroos and Valverde sides, Isco tip of the diamond. Benzema + Bale/Hazard up front.

Richard.H

Had a good game I thought, but I still don’t trust him in away matches. Gets nervous too easily. Only at Camp Nou I would give him the green light

El Gato

Villarato!
Or a 1-2. With Isco in the '10' and Hazard - Benzema attack. 4-1-2-1-2. Casemiro bottom, Kroos and Valverde sides, Isco tip of the diamond. Benzema + Bale/Hazard up front.

Isco position depends a lot on who's ahead of him in that scenario. Whenever he's out he roams a lot these days, particularly when Bale plays, because the Welsh princess is apprehensive and doesn't create many openings for himself.

Still Firpo might have to work hard to curb Carvajal. He'll be seen as our top offensive asset.

serghei

If the team's set up will be solid, Firpo will be fine too. No worries.

Our chance is that Madrid isn't exactly a top physical team anymore either. In the last clasico for example, the match looked very much like two veteran teams playing against each other, there was very low pace in the game, and the attacks were slow and predictable from both sides.

If the match goes on like that, slow pace and low physicality, I can see us doing our passing game and frustrating them, while possibly winning. But if they show up sharp physically, with intensity, we'll struggle to keep up because it is clear who the better, fitter team is at this point in time.

Madrid can elevate their game more imo, but if both show up beneath their best and slow on the day, Barcelona and their possession style have the edge. I think there is no doubt this Madrid side is aging fast as well. They did make transfers, but other than Valverde and Mendy, their core is still near 30 or older.

I think the most frustrating thing about Madrid vs Barca is that their veterans are more professional than ours. Just better mentality and more leadership, more hardworking.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

This guy should not even be near FCB shower room !!!!

And i thought Semedo was a huge mistake bought as a stop gab just Junior ended up playing for years despite being too bad for an FCB material ... but Barto/Abidal will always surprise me !!

jairzinho

Thought he was ok although he is still suspect defensively. He has a huge chance to prove his worth with Alba out.

Home of Barca Fans