Kevin-Prince Boateng

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...boateng-las-palmas-interview?CMP=share_btn_tw

We need to hire new manager, director of sports. because it is clear as a day that all of our interventions in the market are reactive/impulsive. We have no idea about what we expect of our team on the long/medium run. We do not have a clear project on mind. This might turn ugly in the post-messi era.

This have always been true.

I mean their alternative to Verratti was Coutinho. They couldn't be more different as players. They have no clue on what they want or how they want the football to be played. They just buy a bunch of players and hope it works out :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Looking back, we really fucked up when he sent Paco to BVB instead of Munir, even though Paco had a hard time fitting in here. I still think if used correctly he will be a much better option than any of those rumored backup No.9 targets (who we have no idea if they will just struggle as much as Paco did, if not more), including KPB. Who is to say KPB will fit better than Paco?

Oh well. Segura and Abidal, I am not impressed at all.

Joan

Looking back, we really fucked up when he sent Paco to BVB instead of Munir, even though Paco had a hard time fitting in here. I still think if used correctly he will be a much better option than any of those rumored backup No.9 targets (who we have no idea if they will just struggle as much as Paco did, if not more), including KPB. Who is to say KPB will fit better than Paco?

Oh well. Segura and Abidal, I am not impressed at all.

You're making too much fuss about it. He's signed to be a backup striker, and he's got some desirable attributes too. Fighting spirit, height, it's the biggest chance of his career. Don't think he will see much of the pitch. Paco wanted to leave, we got the money back. Suarez is going to play no matter what. So take it lightly, just a stopgap.

Paco's recent successes have little to do with his career here. On the one hand, possibly our managers (Lucho and Valverde) didn't know how to utilize him, but look who's in charge. Things would most likely look similar.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're making too much fuss about it. He's signed to be a backup striker, and he's got some desirable attributes too. Fighting spirit, height, it's the biggest chance of his career. Don't think he will see much of the pitch. Paco wanted to leave, we got the money back. Suarez is going to play no matter what. So take it lightly, just a stopgap.

Paco's recent successes have little to do with his career here. On the one hand, possibly our managers (Lucho and Valverde) didn't know how to utilize him, but look who's in charge. Things would most likely look similar.

Perhaps I am, but a stop-gap solution shouldn't mean it could just be anybody. Those attributes of his don't matter much as you pointed out, he won't be playing much. But if we are serious, we could have gone with someone like Bas Dost who in my opinion is a much better backup striker option than KPB who simply isn't known for scoring a lot of goals.

Or, why not find a B team or an academy player as a temporary option? I really wished we would stop looking for these temporary band-aids and if we do, look internally for once.

How much is he going to cost us, does anybody know by the way? Loan fee plus his salary?

Arizona Scott

I agree with your points joan. We are talking about a munir replacement. Paco was good before barca. and after, but the difference between him v munir vs kpb is likely not much. I would also prefer a vet in that emergency moment if needed than a barca b player.

Das bost would have seemed alternative if he was available for cheap and a good locker room guy--dont know about those aspects. Even sucky/rotation strikers are often going close to 20 mil in top leagues.

Joan

Perhaps I am, but a stop-gap solution shouldn't mean it could just be anybody. Those attributes of his don't matter much as you pointed out, he won't be playing much. But if we are serious, we could have gone with someone like Bas Dost who in my opinion is a much better backup striker option than KPB who simply isn't known for scoring a lot of goals.

Or, why not find a B team or an academy player as a temporary option? I really wished we would stop looking for these temporary band-aids and if we do, look internally for once.
There might be better options. But many of them are not available. I suggested Bas Dost myself. But in the summer, he decided to continue with Sporting DESPITE the possibility to leave for free. Sporting's main player is certainly not an easy objective. Etc.

They settled with Boateng. Not that I'm over the Moon with it, but think it'll turn out pretty decent.

Ruiz or whoever the B team may offer (Mujica) would most likely be a downgrade on Munir. We don't need that.

Home of Barca Fans