Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Levante 4-2 agg.

El Gato

Villarato!
No we are fine. Postigo got a straight red, Vazquez got two yellows, both still played Copa. Why would it be any different with a player accumulating 5 yellows in Segunda B?

Edited the post above. Have a look.

Disciplinary code doesn't allow B-team players to participate in higher categories if they're suspended.

Postigo and Vazquez examples are irrelevant, suspensions don't carry over within a squad registered in La Liga. AFAIK. Cannot recall any examples where a player has served their league suspension in the Copa in La Liga over the past however many years.

But in any case, it seems they need Levante to complain anyway for anything to take place. Unless somebody takes the case to the tribunal.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
[tw]1085912417039716352[/tw]

The deadline for complaints is two days after said situation. So Levante needed to complain after the game.
If they did, nothing will happen because no rules have been broken. There's no issue between transferring between B and first team while sanctioned.

This is not a translation of the tweet above btw. :p

El Gato

Villarato!
The deadline for complaints is two days after said situation. So Levante needed to complain after the game.
If they did, nothing will happen because no rules have been broken. There's no issue between transferring between B and first team while sanctioned.

You're confusing stuff man.

1) Article of the code is clear - B-team players cannot participate in higher category matches while sanctioned. Alcoyano game was AFTER his suspension kicked in at Castellon on 6th Jan. Then he played vs Levante on 10th. Then served the suspension on 13th. By this standard Barca broke the rules.
2) El Mundo, this Albert Roge guy are arguing a simple point - that there was a rule change. In that 'soft' suspensions (accumulating yellows) are served in Segunda B, while 'hard' ones (straight red/2 yellows=red) are effective in all competitions. That would mean no rule was broken. But it isn't confirmed anywhere that this rule change exists.
3) Yes, agreed, it is seemingly far too late for normal proceedings, but tribunal is still possible.

Leo_Messi

[tw]1085912417039716352[/tw]

Exactly what I wrote in post 350.

Este es el artículo exacto del Reglamento general de la RFEF que deja claro que las sanciones leves se cumplen en la misma competición en la que se ha cometido la infracción:

“En lo relativo al Código Disciplinario, se ha aprobado la introducción del apartado 9 del artículo 56, respecto del cumplimiento de sanciones en los casos en que exista una simultaneidad de licencias de las permitidas en el Reglamento General, que queda configurado de la siguiente manera: 9. El modo de cumplimiento de las sanciones impuestas como consecuencia de la comisión de infracciones para los casos en los que exista una simultaneidad de licencias de las permitidas en el Reglamento General de la RFEF, se ajustará a lo dispuesto en el presente artículo, si bien, las sanciones de carácter leve se cumplirán en las competiciones en las que el infractor se encuentra haciendo uso de una determinada licencia y, las de carácter grave o muy grave, en cualquier competición, ello con independencia de la licencia que se estuviera usando en el momento de la comisión de la infracción”.

La introducción de este apartado se acordó el pasado mes de noviembre y se comunicó a los clubs mediante circular.

Since Chumi's one match suspension cannot be considered grave (for that Chumi would have needed a 4 match ban or more), there is no case of breaking any rules according to the new rule changes back in November that every club was informed about. All according to the sub-paragraph of article 56 according to the law of general regulations of RFEF.

Neeraj

I live 5 minutes away from the stadium and have the season pass, and would never think of missing a second of a Barca game.

And yet, here I am, planning to skip going to the Camp. Congratulations Valverde, you've achieved a harder task than I could have imagined. Fucking prick.

Andresito

Staff member
1) Article of the code is clear - B-team players cannot participate in higher category matches while sanctioned.

This is only for the league tiers and because they are connected, you can't have a pending suspension in the lower leagues while playing in the ones above.

Copa del Rey is it's own competition.

BigBarcaBoy

I live 5 minutes away from the stadium and have the season pass, and would never think of missing a second of a Barca game.

And yet, here I am, planning to skip going to the Camp. Congratulations Valverde, you've achieved a harder task than I could have imagined. Fucking prick.

Can't blame valverde for an administrative problem

El Gato

Villarato!
This is only for the league tiers. Copa del Rey is it's own competition.

It's not stated anywhere that it's only league tier.

And that 'graveness' of infraction seems irrelevant too since it doesn't apply to Chumi. Only applies to cases where player licenses are equivalent. Chumi's isn't a Barca A license.

Anyway, committee supposed to meet about this tomorrow. Then we will know.

Devils

Seems like the Spanish Federation have come to the conclusion that Chumi was ineligible to play lol.

[tw]1085965763289235458[/tw]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Either way today's game won't be cancelled right? It would be unfair to those people who have bought tickets.

The only downside of us getting kicked out of the competition is that our revenues will take a hit as a result (from both the match day portion and should we win the title, monetary award money).

Leo_Messi

Seems like the Spanish Federation have come to the conclusion that Chumi was ineligible to play lol.

[tw]1085965763289235458[/tw]

What is this shit?

So in other words MD are reporting about imaginary articles and paragraphs in the law of general regulations of RFEF that do not exist and talk about rule changes in November that were not rule changes? Maybe I should take a look at the actual existing laws and see who is really bullshitting here.

Tragicomical stuff.

Either way today's game won't be cancelled right? It would be unfair to those people who have bought tickets.

The only downside of us getting kicked out of the competition is that our revenues will take a hit as a result (from both the match day portion and should we win the title, monetary award money).

Prize money in the CdR is microscopic and 3 home games with a half empty Camp Nou won't make much if any difference. I don't think that the club was imaging to reach the final for the fifth time in a row. The priority was clear from the beginning of this season. Even the coward and imbecile Valverde realized this judging by his lineup in the first leg against Levante.

BTW, I think that the prize money in the CdR is smaller than what bonuses etc. the club would have to pay the players and possibly Valverde in case of a CdR victory.

If we get kicked out, this also means that likely no attacker will arrive this January, meaning we will be one long-term injury to Suárez away from imploding thanks to the marvelous squad planning of this useless board.:lol:

Someone turn up for the Benny Hill theme song.:lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans