Copa | Round of 16: FC Barcelona - Levante 4-2 agg.

raskolnikov

Raketa said the truth. If we go through, that means another miserable CL league campaign. As a Barca fans we are kind of used to this already, though.

I dont think it matters to be honest. Its not as if we are clear favourites to win the cl if the players are rested.
If we get by Lyon we would struggle from the quarter on anyway.

I care little about the copa del rey but I dont think the difference in perrormance would be that big. We still would most likely crash out in the quarters or maybe the semi’s since we are cl outsiders at best.

shadows

Typical Valverde... One loss and Mr. Safe goes back to his strongest 11 :worthy: ... Rotation?? Now on, game every 3 days :valverde:

On a side note, I hope that we dont draw Real Madrid next up if we go through seeing we need our Gala 11 for Levante ...If we dont qualify, that would be great as well and is a risk worth taking to give us our best chance even though our chances of winning the UCL seems minimum the way we play these days...

Last edited:

PhilS

Practicing winning two legged matchups in Copa helps with CL. Barca is a two games a week club. Some of the players, like Messi, seem to play better twice a week than they do once a week. If Barca gets through this round, I think Valverde will continue to rotate quite a bit in the first Copa leg, and if the subs do OK he can continue to rotate in the return leg. I blame Miranda, Dembele, Coutinho, Miranda and Chumi for the need to start so many of the first 11 today.

Barca always plays to win. The idea that somehow it would be good to get knocked out is against the ethos of this club.

soul24rage

Practicing winning two legged matchups in Copa helps with CL. Barca is a two games a week club. Some of the players, like Messi, seem to play better twice a week than they do once a week. If Barca gets through this round, I think Valverde will continue to rotate quite a bit in the first Copa leg, and if the subs do OK he can continue to rotate in the return leg. I blame Miranda, Dembele, Coutinho, Miranda and Chumi for the need to start so many of the first 11 today.

Barca always plays to win. The idea that somehow it would be good to get knocked out is against the ethos of this club.

no it does not help. It likely does the opposite as the players will be more tired and won't have the intensity/fighting spirit that is needed to compete in the CL. The proof is the result of the past few years in the CL while we've been winning the Copa for the past 4 years.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Practicing winning two legged matchups in Copa helps with CL.

giphy.gif

When you take mental gymnastics a bit too far.

Devils

We might get kicked out of the CDR for playing Chumi last week who was serving a suspension for Barca B.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Pepsbarca

Imagine thinking that this Barcelona team needs "practice" in the Copa to help it win the CL. Losing this match and going out of the Copa would be a much bigger help in winning the CL so that the 11 players that play every match can get some much needed rest.

El Flaco

I hope we fuck this up! This idiot won't rotate and the only way we won't be dead tired in March is if we get out of the Copa ASAP.

[tw]1085902431110737925[/tw]

Says Barca fielded an ineligible player in the 1st leg of CdR match vs. Levante. The ineligible player, Chumi was suspended while playing for Barça B

FCBfan22

We are slowly but surely becoming a joke.

How can't you know how many yellows is one of your players on?

:rofl1:

Andresito

Staff member
Wait, so he got 5 yellow cards with Barca B and was supposedly suspended in the Copa.

What about Postigo who got red carded against Girona in the league last week but still played against us? He served his suspension the game after, against Atlético, just like Chumi did against Alcoyano.

I think we're fine.

Home of Barca Fans