Champions League

Newcomer

Lol, that's actually perfect, not only countries wise, but the number of clubs also perfectly representing the quality of the leagues in order.

Not saying it isn't a good representation of the actual teams strength here but it is impossible for certain leagues to have 4 or 3 or even 2 teams in CL. They couldn't place as much teams as other leagues.

Imo, to have a good and fair representation, they should revert the change about the 4 guaranteed spots. If those clubs are really better, they should qualify. All the recent changes (more guaranteed spots, more money via CL coefficient) in CL have had only the outcome of creating a semi private league/cup competition in favor of the big leagues clubs.

The Round of 16 teams are all from the top 5 leagues. First time that's ever happened.

Our Round of 16 opponents: Spurs, Chelsea, Atalanta, Napoli, Lyon.

Draw's on Monday December 16th.

Who do you want? I want Spurs or Atalanta. Spurs cos of their new stadium and Mourinho. Atalanta cos of San Siro and the fairy tale.

CatalinR10

So it's like 45% chances of meeting either Chelsea or Totenham ?

Fucking boring.

I'd have Napoli / Lyon / Atalanta any day. Hopefully Atalanta since I don't think we ever played them ?

wisconsincule

Going to get Spurs or Chelsea. We’ve played them both recently. I would like Atlanta or Napoli as we haven’t played them in the past couple seasons.

Hoping Real gets anyone but Leipzig. We all know they will draw Leipzig though.

gregorrin10

Not saying it isn't a good representation of the actual teams strength here but it is impossible for certain leagues to have 4 or 3 or even 2 teams in CL. They couldn't place as much teams as other leagues.

Imo, to have a good and fair representation, they should revert the change about the 4 guaranteed spots. If those clubs are really better, they should qualify. All the recent changes (more guaranteed spots, more money via CL coefficient) in CL have had only the outcome of creating a semi private league/cup competition in favor of the big leagues clubs.

My statement wasn't about how many teams should qualify for the CL every season, it was purely about the quality of the league represented by the knockout stages of this year's CL. Most clubs from La Liga and PL, which are the best leagues, followed by Bundesliga and Serie A and lastly Ligue 1. Think you got confused there.

gregorrin10

The Round of 16 teams are all from the top 5 leagues. First time that's ever happened.

Our Round of 16 opponents: Spurs, Chelsea, Atalanta, Napoli, Lyon.

Draw's on Monday December 16th.

Who do you want? I want Spurs or Atalanta. Spurs cos of their new stadium and Mourinho. Atalanta cos of San Siro and the fairy tale.

I thought Zenit qualified from that group. Oh well. My gut tells me we'll get Lyon, while Madrid will get Bayern.

Home of Barca Fans