Champions League

serghei

Basically, top 16 in CL will be all from the main 5 leagues.

4 Spanish
4 English
3 German
3 Italian
2 French

Newcomer

Easy game at home against a poor opponent, namely Galatasaray.

For once, PSG is nice to watch. Neymar is getting slowly back to his level. He is doing everything : dropping very deep to help his midfield and defence when they have no solution, carrying the balls up the pitch, dribbling players with ease and so many great balls. When he is playing like this, he is a joy to watch. He is really the heart and the brain of the game of PSG.

BBZ8800

Don’t you like that “win no matter what” attitude. Never thought of you as a fair play guy.

Maybe if it wasn’t Pep against a Croatian team you’d think differently.

Imagine the same happening in a big away game for Barca, I’d love it if that happened for us :lol: Any complaints about it ... well shit happens.

I am for results no matter what in terms: I would sacrifice a nice play to scrape 1:0 wins.
Or I like some aggressive players to bring more balance to a team.

But it has nothing to do with obvious cheating (things which Mou often does, for example. He cheats).

Btw. on Dinamo:City that happened at 1:0 for Dinamo.

Ref later figured out that it was not a fair play goal.
Dinamo players went riot in the next few minutes and one guy elbowed Rodri in the head during one tackle.
It was a clear red card (and easily 2-3 matches ban), even local commentators said: Oh, no, this will be a clear red card.
Yet, a ref didn't even show a yellow card because he knew that he screwed Dinamo a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

Jenks

2 players from Dinamo Zagreb lying on the ground in their own half.
Dinamo's players waving their arms up and asking for an action to be stopped.
City didn't care and scored a goal in 11 vs 9.

Unless there's some sort of serious injury I think that's the correct thing to do. Too often players just go down to break up play. No point handing them an unfair advantage when you don't have to. What was wrong with those two players, out of curiosity?

BBZ8800

Unless there's some sort of serious injury I think that's the correct thing to do. Too often players just go down to break up play. No point handing them an unfair advantage when you don't have to. What was wrong with those two players, out of curiosity?

The ball was in Dinamo's half at 1:0 for Dinamo, at around minute 35.

There was some loose ball let's say 40 meters from Dinamo's goal and one Dinamo's player was running towards the ball with City's player.
But then, another Dinamo's player was behind their backs.
And that 3rd guy made a tackle towards the ball, but the first guy from Dinamo didn't see him.
And basically, that 3rd guy from Dinamo made a horror tackle on his teammate's ankle and they both remained lying on the ground in pain.

With two Dinamo's players lying on the ground on the centre, City took a ball and started a counter.
Majority of Dinamo's players waved their hands towards the air and asked City to stop the play.
City, of course, didn't care.
Then, they made a cross into a box and then the 3rd guy from Dinamo, this time a CB, fell down.
Still no stopping of play.

City got the ball and made another cross into a box, where 3 City players were alone against 1 guy from Dinamo.
And Jesus easily got a ball and scored from a close range.
Immediately after a goal a few of Dinamo's players almost started a fight with Jesus literally asking: are you retarded or what?

Ref allowed a goal and gave a yellow to Dinamo's captain who wanted to fight with Jesus.
Dinamo's players protested for a few minutes and in the next action, as said before, one guy elbowed Rodri in a head in a very unsportsmenlike way and it was a clear red.
But a ref and a VAR room probably figured out what kind of a mess they made at a goal for 1:1, so they tried to compensate with not giving a red card for this.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Refs don't stop play these days unless it's a head injury. That's why every manager tell their players to keep playing until the ref stops play.

BBZ8800

Refs don't stop play these days unless it's a head injury. That's why every manager tell their players to keep playing until the ref stops play.

Ok. But majority of teams still stop the play if the opponents are waving with hands for 15-20 seconds.

Also, players fake injuries and waste time in the final 15-20 minutes.
This was a minute 38 or something like that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ok. But majority of teams still stop the play if the opponents are waving with hands for 15-20 seconds.

Also, players fake injuries and waste time in the final 15-20 minutes.
This was a minute 38 or something like that.

I know Barca would do it, most times at least. Same goes for most teams.

Home of Barca Fans