CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

draconifire

Don't know if it was the early goal or what. But why are we so laid back when not in possession these days? I don't like us not pressing and not having control over the pitch. I remember our pressing in the first half of the season was briliant, I was praising Ernesto for that. What happened.

eaman

So it's on to the draw and we all know real will probably get Roma or sevilla and we'll get one of the better teams

serghei

Don't know if it was the early goal or what. But why are we so laid back when not in possession these days? I don't like us not pressing and not having control over the pitch. I remember our pressing in the first half of the season was briliant, I was praising Ernesto for that. What happened.

It is a safer approach to put more men behind the ball than to go pressing high. Plus, we don't look physically like we can press.

Horatio

You're welcome
Great game. Was hoping to see a more celebratring Barcaforum but already spotting the excuses here and there.

Barcilliant

Physically our players cannot do it anymore. This is not Barca 2009.

To be fair, Barca had quite a few bench players in there -- Paulino, Gomez, Vidal for almost 30 minutes.

Coutinho, Semedo, Griezmann, maybe Arthur and Mina will all be there next year.

Horatio

You're welcome
Lelouch's backpeddling posts are priceless btw.

He's probably doing it on purpose though falling victim to the 'meh, don't plan on posting that much on barcaforum anyways so why not go out with a bang' - syndrome.
Zincubus seemed to be suffering from it for a while as well.

Last edited:

Meatball

Glad we advanced but I don't like the way we kept passing the ball around trying to play through ball the whole match with no clear attacking ideas nor other attacking options. Chelsea had many chances and who knows what would have happened if they had been more clinical with their finishing. We did well with the counters though but whenever Chelsea formed their defense lines, we looked stuck and harmless (even Messi 1st goal was not a clear chance, the shooting angle was so tight).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Morning feels better than the evening and while I still find the result deceiving, it is still a deserved win for Barca.

Quarter-finals draw will be exciting but whatever happens next is really a bonus.

Giginho75

To be honest, I didn't see a great Barca in this eighths of final (away and home).

We have been also a little lucky...
but we have Leo!

Anyway I hope we will be more brilliant in the quarter.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
sin-ttulo-5-1521069685365.jpg

ronniecro

seeing dembele,iniesta and busquets being pulled out for paulinho,gomes and vidal might be one of the darkest days in barca's history :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
seeing dembele,iniesta and busquets being pulled out for paulinho,gomes and vidal might be one of the darkest days in barca's history :lol:

Dembele was doing nothing at that point and most attacks we face were from that side so we needed stability.
Iniesta wasn't fully fit and Busquets picked up a knock.

Joan

Dembele was doing nothing at that point and most attacks we face were from that side so we needed stability.
Iniesta wasn't fully fit and Busquets picked up a knock.
In fact, all the subs were good. Did their job well and improved the defensive end.

FinBarcelonafan

We were much better after those subs(defensively). Iniesta,Busquets and Dembele doesn't bring as good defense as those 3. Especially, when Busquets and Iniesta are injured. Dembele looked finished as well. I don't think he is in 90 min shape.(especially with yesterday's intensity).

Home of Barca Fans