Lautaro Martinez

mc_lovin

Depends on what you expect? Prime Villa, Suarez etc level? Obviously not. But the striker market is thin and he looks like one of the best talents around. We wont get a worldclass cf, even Madrid went for talent (Jovic). The question is how much he would cost. Probably >60ME..

But I think he would fit in very well here - technically good, mobile, fast. And can explode anytime soon (or not ;D).

Last edited:

Kul_z

That would be best thing for messi. Get an fellow countryman, partner in attack at club so they can build a link up play. For me, he is the best young cf around. Fast, has that eto'oesque body build and explosiveness, pretty good ball control and fine first touch. Rakitic and 50m sounds reasonable and maybe inter could accept that.

Riordon

Have watched lots of Inter games this season. He is a Suarez/Aguero South American type of striker.

Unlike strikers like Jovic, Piatek and M.Dembele, he is not dependent on service, can create for himself. And his linkup play is really great. So far he is my favorite young 9 out there.

Typical South American striker.

Him and Sensi are the two gems in this Inter side. Sensi probably top 5 cm this season

Last edited:

soul24rage

He already has good chemistry with Messi. I would get him in the summer of 2021 as this season is his 'breakout' season.

Barcilliant

Jovic is better imo and should have been bought. Martinez looks like a tiny guy. He's good, no doubt but Barça material? I don't think so.

mc_lovin

Jovic is better imo and should have been bought. Martinez looks like a tiny guy. He's good, no doubt but Barça material? I don't think so.

No idea about Jovic - I wont judge him too harshly after a bad start in a messy Madrid team. Would be interesting to know if we lost his signing to Madrid or the reports about us backing off for technical reasons are true. Profilewise I like Martinez better, he looks like a mini Suarez. Less of a bully, but maybe better in other aspects. More height would be nice, but 1.74m isnt too bad (same as David Villa and a cm bigger than Agüero). And he could probably play LW as well.

There arent too many alternatives left anyway. Jovic is gone. Guys like M. Dembele really dont look too good. Harry Kane would be batshit expensive (and Im not a fan). We get linked to him as well:

[Fabrizio Romano, Tier 1] Lautaro Martinez is FC Barcelona’s top priority to replace Luis Suarez

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...priority-but-inter-eye-contract-extensi-93423

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I wouldn't sign Lautaro, yet at least.

But on what basis is Jovic better? One of the most overhyped and overrated players in recent times.

Riordon

Jovic is a great finisher and that’s about it. So happy we didn’t went for him. Can’t create for himself and is dependent on service.

I would go for a goal scoring winger this season and play Griezmann CF. Then we can see about Lautaro in 2021 but for now he is very interesting. Shit market for these type of LW though, all great players not available. Any suggestions? Richarlison is my best shout.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Whats with you and LW? Care to explain? I dont think we need one. We have Griezmann (yeah), Dembele and Fati. Im sure Lautaro could play there decent as well - I wouldnt throw another 100ME+ at a world class winger. Midfielder+CB would be nice as well.

Riordon

Whats with you and LW? Care to explain? I dont think we need one. We have Griezmann (yeah), Dembele and Fati. Im sure Lautaro could play there decent as well - I wouldnt throw another 100ME+ at a world class winger. Midfielder+CB would be nice as well.

Don’t want Suarez to start after this season and Griezmann is not a LW really. So for us to get something out of the 120m we paid for Griezmann we should play him as a 9. I have given up on Dembele.

Home of Barca Fans