Lautaro Martinez

BBZ8800

well, it was his first season in Europe last season.

This season he has 4 goals and 2 assists in 8 league matches, which is good for a 22 year old.

I would keep an eye out for him as an option for a striker.

Piatek had 22 league goals last season and Jovic had 17.

I doubt that any of them would be better for us than Paco.

Lautaro or any player will need way more goals for way longer periods than a few Months or one season.

He is just an example of an internet hype in 2019 where everyone has an internet access/youtube channel and a forum account.
People are in a constant search for the next big thing.
And after 5 goals, every kid is the next big thing.

And then when Barca/Real buy this raw one season wonders from smaller clubs, then EV and Zidane are guilty for their lack of a development.

Even though their footballing quality was always questionable, they are mentally kids and often not ready for Barca, they need a lot of time to adjust to a new league/teammates/tactics, they won't get a regular playing time for their development and yet fans and media will make a huge pressure and expect awesome displays right away which will create a mental downward spiral for those kids.

A recipe for a next 110m disaster.

Btw. Lukaku has 5 goals for Inter.
That raises some red flags, isn't it?
The same as how Rebic was banging goals alongside Jovic.
That also raises a lot of doubts regarding Jovic's numbers and a quality of their opponents.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Lautaro or any player will need way more goals for way longer periods than a few Months or one season.

He is just an example of an internet hype in 2019 where everyone has an internet access/youtube channel and a forum account.

And then when Barca/Real buy this raw one season wonders from smaller clubs, then EV and Zidane are guilty for their lack of a development.

Even though their footballing quality was always questionable, they are mentally kids and often not ready for Barca, they need a lot of time to adjust to a new league/teammates/tactics, they won't get a regular playing time for their development and yet fans and media will make a huge pressure and expect awesome displays right away which will create a mental downward spiral for those kids.

That also raises a lot of doubts regarding Jovic's numbers and a quality of their opponents.

+1 just a new flavour of the month. Pretty sure Jovic, Piatek and Lautaro wouldn’t be a good fit here, different game al together when you play against parked buses for Barca.

soul24rage

I haven't watched Piatek and Jovic much so can't comment on them (it would be better to watch them to see if they fit the side stylistically as well as the type of goals they score).
But I watched Martinez ever since he was playing in the Argentinian league, and I think he could be a good striker but needs a lot of polishing right now.
And I agree with you that he needs to prove himself as this season has been his "breakout" season.
I wrote in post 69 that we should get him in the summer of 2021 depending on how he does til then.

And honestly every player is an internet hype. Doesn't mean all of them will fail (ex. Neymar). Even the ready made players aren't all success either (ex Coutinho).

+1 just a new flavour of the month. Pretty sure Jovic, Piatek and Lautaro wouldn’t be a good fit here, different game al together when you play against parked buses for Barca.

I agree he's the "flavour" of the month as he just began doing well in Europe for the first time. But I wouldn't dismiss him just yet as I think he has potential. He's not that reliant on services as say Paco is.

Last edited:

clemente

I believe we had a shot this summer getting him at a reasonable price, this guy over that overfed donkey would have been amazing.

Porque

Richarlison resembles Fernando Torres in his play.

Dye his hear blonde, paint his cheeks red and Laporta can run him as his election promise signing in 2021 calling his campaign "the one that got away".

wisconsincule

I’m assuming he will be one of the major targets to replace Suarez. I haven’t seen more than 5 matches of his but every time I always find myself loving his work rate.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I believe we had a shot this summer getting him at a reasonable price, this guy over that overfed donkey would have been amazing.

We did not lol. Where is @Razor nowadays, tell these guys that Inter wouldn't sell Lautaro unless it was for his 110m+ release clause, if that even exist.

I agree with @BBZ8800 here. You don't sign strikers based on one season unless they're phenomenons like Kylian Mbappé. Sancho, Lautaro, Jovic, you name it. None of them are generational. You don't sign these players unless they play at this level consistently for at the very least two seasons, preferably three.

Richarlison resembles Fernando Torres in his play.

Dye his hear blonde, paint his cheeks red and Laporta can run him as his election promise signing in 2021 calling his campaign "the one that got away".

I've mentioned Richarlison before, but he's not good enough. Skillset wise he's perfect, but his current ability? Nowhere near, and I don't want this club to sign another expensive project they have to develop and hope one day reaches the adequate level to start for Barca.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
We did not lol. Where is @Razor nowadays, tell these guys that Inter wouldn't sell Lautaro unless it was for his 110m+ release clause, if that even exist.

Hey bud. Inter won't sell him even for 110m if he continues to improve. Inter has a long history of making shit deals, but for the way Lautaro is playing these days I think it's very likely that the club will increase his buy-out clause soon.

Kul_z

Hey bud. Inter won't sell him even for 110m if he continues to improve. Inter has a long history of making shit deals, but for the way Lautaro is playing these days I think it's very likely that the club will increase his buy-out clause soon.

They offered him new contract that goes without buyout clause. So, i think we are too late.

Chainsaw

Killahead
They offered him new contract that goes without buyout clause. So, i think we are too late.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report - Inter have already increase Lautaro Martinez's release clause from €111M to €200M <a href="https://t.co/MkNNhSqmJl">https://t.co/MkNNhSqmJl</a></p>— FedeNerazzurra (@_FedeNerazzurra) <a href="https://twitter.com/_FedeNerazzurra/status/1187364148063199234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans