Lautaro Martinez

Sorin

At this point he looks like the best 9 we could get. Young and hungry. He even has something of young Suarez in him.

Has to be one of the best options for next summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At this point he looks like the best 9 we could get. Young and hungry. He even has something of young Suarez in him.

Has to be one of the best options for next summer.

Inter will make us pay his release clause of 110m. He doesn't score enough goals for someone to pay that fee.

Sailor Mars

Doesn't he have a buyout clause around 110 mil? Maybe should have paid his buyout clause instead of Griezmann's.

mc_lovin

Yep, he looks like a technically more refined, but weaker version of Suarez. I have no idea if that amounts to worldclass in the future, but who knows.

Last edited:

Sorin

Inter will make us pay his release clause of 110m. He doesn't score enough goals for someone to pay that fee.

Let's see how he does under a good manager like Conte. Last year he had the Italian valverde coaching him.

khaled_a_d

Do we really need a 9? I mean with Messi and Griezmann going nowhere next year (hopefully) I would either prefer a winger or keep faith on Fati as starting winger. May be Dembele too.
But Griezmann and Messi are starters, a number 9 beside them is the last thing we need

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Let's see how he does under a good manager like Conte. Last year he had the Italian valverde coaching him.

Never liked Spalletti.

I think Lautaro will be behind Lukaku and Alexis though. Don't think we need a new CF anyway.

Do we really need a 9? I mean with Messi and Griezmann going nowhere next year (hopefully) I would either prefer a winger or keep faith on Fati as starting winger. May be Dembele too.
But Griezmann and Messi are starters, a number 9 beside them is the last thing we need

I agree.

Dembele unless he has a complete turnaround will be gone though. Two years left on his contract and the club won't offer him a new one and look to sell him.

My priorities:

CB
Goalscoring LW
CM/AM that complement Arthur and de Jong
Backup #9 in case nothing is working and we need something different, thinking about names like Mandzukic or Giroud on a 1/2 year deal.

if possible

A more physical, ball-winning MF.

khaled_a_d

I agree.

Dembele unless he has a complete turnaround will be gone though. Two years left on his contract and the club won't offer him a new one and look to sell him.

My priorities:

CB
LW
CM/AM that complement Arthur and de Jong
Backup #9 in case nothing is working and we need something different, thinking about names like Mandzukic or Giroud on a 1/2 year deal.

if possible

A more physical, ball-winning MF.

Yeah. that is more like if for me too.
-Athletic CB (and not just a CB)
-3rd midfielder (still torn whether it should be DM or CM) that completes our starting line up.

Depending on how season goes and the market:
-RB. Semedo is the "solid" guy that we can upgrade.
-Winger (depending on Fati & Perez development)

I would keep Suarez if he is ready to be on the bench finally. He will have one last year in his contract and it will be too late to think about saving his wage anyway.

Only case I would go for a 9 is if he is Mpabbe or same level of talent and youth (if someone new comes up to the scene like Felix did last year). A player who will give you bag of goals on consistent basis. That will be because it will mean we will have a core to build around for next cycle in FDJ/Arthur/Fati & that mystery guy.
Laturo is simply not that guy

don't have to start him right away every game. Poach him before his price becomes too expensive. Don't forget Suarez can stink up Europe at any second.

The lautaro goal requires too much speed, balance and left foot for Suarez at 32.

Suarez at 32 can only score well timed bangers and tap ins at extreme low rate.

Home of Barca Fans