Page 208 of 208 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208
Results 3,106 to 3,111 of 3111

Thread: Eden Hazard

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    7 in half a season is quite decent. Goals are lower than anticipated, which is also understandable.

Real don't expect him to be anything but at best a similar version of what he was at Chelsea. More is not feasible and if they expected more, they'd be willing to fork out more money earlier while Floro passed on that in 2018.
    Just checked his Chelsea stats in all comps since he joined them...

12/13 - 13 goals, 24 assists

13/14 - 17 goals, 10 assists

14/15 - 19 goals, 13 assists

15/16 - 6 goals, 8 assists

16/17 - 17 goals, 7 assists

17/18 - 17 goals, 13 assists

18/19 - 21 goals 17 assists

19/20 (Madrid) - 1 goal, 7 assists

I know football isn’t about “just stats” and what you mentioned the other day about the people who think he’s a statistical replacement for Ronaldo’s goals, I don’t think anyone seriously thinks anything like that. But surely he needs to be producing more than he has. Those stats are terrible if you compare them to his Chelsea days, other than 15/16 he’s worlds apart from them right now. Plus he was 100m, plus he’s meant to be in his prime etc.

Villarato!
    Only goal stats are the worst of his career. And subjectively it's forgivable for many reasons (new club, new culture, new setup, new tasks + lack of rhythm)

Assists are near average considering the amount of minutes played in a season.

He does need to produce more than he is. But you'd be kidding yourself to imagine he'd produce 20 goals or something silly, which I think a few weeks ago you set as a 'decent' achievement - would be his league career high. Not that kind of a winger. Not brought in for that.
    People are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Only goal stats are the worst of his career. And subjectively it's forgivable for many reasons (new club, new culture, new setup, new tasks + lack of rhythm)

Assists are near average considering the amount of minutes played in a season.

He does need to produce more than he is. But you'd be kidding yourself to imagine he'd produce 20 goals or something silly, which I think a few weeks ago you set as a 'decent' achievement - would be his league career high. Not that kind of a winger. Not brought in for that.
    I dunno, I feel like Madrid are a way more attacking team than the Chelsea teams he played in. Would like to think if i was a Madrid fan that he’d get a good couple of goal scoring chances every game he plays. No reason why he shouldn’t finish a few of them too. Let’s see next season.

Villarato!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    I dunno, I feel like Madrid are a way more attacking team than the Chelsea teams he played in. Would like to think if i was a Madrid fan that he’d get a good couple of goal scoring chances every game he plays. No reason why he shouldn’t finish a few of them too. Let’s see next season.
    This 'way-more-attacking-team' has just had the worst scoring season in god knows how long, whether you consider Hazard as part of the team or if you exclude him from it. Let's not forget this is happening under a manager who doesn't employ a consistent system and never repeated a lineup this season in back-to-back games (or whatever that stat was).

Look, we want him to score more and we need him to score more. But he didn't do this on his own, and if he did, it usually didn't just happen because he willed the ball into the net. Not that kind of player. He'll get some of those too, if he stays healthy. Health is the first thing, then playing time, then assessment of what he brings. He's 30 and doesn't have all that much time before he gets even slower than he is, but that's what the club signed up to. And they knew it. Else if they expected ridiculous numbers they'd have not hesitated when Chelsea asked for more the season prior.
    People are boring.

Used to really love this player when he was at Chelsea, especially his early days but now he's a shadow of that player. He never takes players on anymore, and looks to have lost that spark in his game. Maybe he has got comfortable on his big wage in Madrid which I guess as a Barca fan I should be happy about. Shame though, once a very entertaining player to watch.

He looks even worse than Coutinho lmao.
    Puyol #5