Eden Hazard

mc_lovin

Terrible deal :lol: I thought it was a reported 120ME max (which is still a lot). Heard his injuries could be chronic as well.

(still think hes a great player in form though)

El Gato

Villarato!
That report claims 160m not with incentives.

If they paid 160m for Hazard at 29 with one year left on contract and now appears to have a dodgy ankle...that is ridiculous.

Up there with Barcas poor transfers and probably worse.

They will have paid almost 300m for Jovic, Hazard and Eder last summer. Madness.

No. It claims 160 including bonuses factored into installment numbers. Same thing.

Terrible deal :lol: I thought it was a reported 120ME max (which is still a lot). Heard his injuries could be chronic as well.

(still think hes a great player in form though)

Was always in the region of up to 150M GBP from the start
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48548361

We were always gonna get taken to the cleaners by Chelsea on Hazard after they paid 80 for Morata, let us have Courtois for 35 and were asked to pay 35 for Kovacic when desperate to make a transfer before their ban. ~130M was a negotiating minimum back then. They wanted upwards of 200 the season prior after WC

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yep.

"the total fee (inc bonuses) that Real Madrid might have to pay to Chelsea: €160m (?143m)"

Was always gonna be the case from the start.

Obviously it was always case from start but the fee was reported as 100m with incentives which can sometimes be difficult to reach.

This states 160m to be paid.

JamDav1982

We were always gonna get taken to the cleaners by Chelsea on Hazard after they paid 80 for Morata, let us have Courtois for 35 and were asked to pay 35 for Kovacic when desperate to make a transfer before their ban. ~130M was a negotiating minimum back then. They wanted upwards of 200 the season prior after WC

That is not much justification as Real can refuse to pay 160m for him if not value.

El Gato

Villarato!
Obviously it was always case from start but the fee was reported as 100m with incentives which can sometimes be difficult to reach.

This states 160m to be paid.

The final number they quote factors in bonuses. Same thing as incentives it seems and was reported from the start, so not really news at all. Adding the numbers for each installment they report adds up to 160M euros (150 GBP) inc. bonuses. Meaning the installments they quote are not flat fees and have conditional bonuses included.

That is not much justification as Real can refuse to pay 160m for him if not value.

True.

Desperate. I said from start I'm against it.

Refused >200M asking prices season prior so not surprising 100 + conditional x is the agreement reached

Different tweet from same Twitter thread

Chelsea were always sure they would get at least €130m for Eden Hazard. Initial fee of around €100m. At least €30m in guaranteed bonuses... Some performance related bonuses...

Whatever these 'guaranteed bonuses' are, which sounds like a made up term which could mean anything like 'oh, he's going to win the league in 5 years against this Barcelona so fee is definitely +15' or 'he's sure going to play 100/200 matches so +15', the actual installments adding up to 130 or 100 respectively are more like:
2019 - €32.5 or 25
2020 - €45.5 or 35
2021 - €52 or 40

Whatever this dude reports, it's taken to be with pinch of salt cuz he's clearly quite liberal as to what he reports as these bonuses/incentives and how he presents the numbers.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
uff...160m! at least dembele had potential, lol, hazard was already too old to improve.

but barca is in no place to make fun of poor transfer deals lol.

Devils

This is unbelievable.

If this guy had 5 years remaining on his contract he still would be worth nowhere near that. The fact that they agreed to that much with 1 year remaining is crazy, dawg.

No wonder Real Madrid aren't spending anything this window.

KingLeo10

160 M for this bum and Bale's wages without him even participating in CL.

These lads aren't far behind us in the comedy show that is LL.

Morten

how did perez agree to this?

Because perhaps he isnt much better than the likes of Barto?
He got lucky with Zidane saving his ass, people forget Perez really wasnt popular after hiring meme-coach Benitez prior to that.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Because perhaps he isnt much better than the likes of Barto?
He got lucky with Zidane saving his ass, people forget Perez really wasnt popular after hiring meme-coach Benitez prior to that.

Good lord

He is light years better as a businessman and making more justifiable sports decisions.

Home of Barca Fans