Eden Hazard

Jenks

Is that the same Neymar who Sergio Ramos has been outscored in La Liga this season? Even Marcos Alonso has as many goals as Neymar has from open play this season in the league! Neymar is an inconsistent performer who has been outperformed by Hazard in the vast majority of games for their respective clubs. Hazard has more ability than Neymar. He's more naturally talented. He has more quality. Neymar just has the entourage and the media propaganda behind him. Deep down, most Barcelona fans know he's really not what he's pumped up to be.

I'm sorry but you're living in a fantasy world. Neymar has scored over 30 goals in his last two seasons, Hazard has only ever scored more than 20 once, and that was in France. The international disparity is even more stark. 50 in 75 for Neymar, 17 in 76 for Hazard.

Hazard doesn't have the hunger? He hasn't peformed anywhere near his potential? Yet at 19, he took an unfancied Lille side to the title. He carried a Chelsea team with a consistently injured Costa and a post-december out of form Cesc to the league title under one of the most defensive managers in world football! There's no way in hell Neymar could have done for Chelsea what Hazard did for Chelsea that year. When you can barely score goals playing next to Messi and Suarez and when your best season came as a glorified poacher, I have my serious doubts. He'll be spooked by the physicality of English football as well. He's physically weak and flimsy compared to Hazard. Neymar will soon be surpassed by Gabriel Jesus as well.

He carried Chelsea to a title with 19 goals in 52 games? No, he just happened to be their best player.

Now back to Hazard. He's won individual awards everywhere he's been and lauded by his fellow professionals. He's one of the top 10 players in the world anyday of the week.

And Neymar is one of the top 5. Hazard is performing at about the same level as Alexis Sanchez this season, if that. Did he set the world alight at Barcelona?

Also, it's funny how you shift the goal posts and claim the premier league doesn't have as many gifted players.

How is that shifting the goalposts?

james baldwin

I'm sorry but you're living in a fantasy world. Neymar has scored over 30 goals in his last two seasons, Hazard has only ever scored more than 20 once, and that was in France. The international disparity is even more stark. 50 in 75 for Neymar, 17 in 76 for Hazard.

He carried Chelsea to a title with 19 goals in 52 games? No, he just happened to be their best player.

And Neymar is one of the top 5. Hazard is performing at about the same level as Alexis Sanchez this season, if that. Did he set the world alight at Barcelona?

How is that shifting the goalposts?

I'm glad you're bringing up Neymar now since your agenda has been exposed. You laughably downplay Hazard to big up Neymar but that's pathetic.

Since you're appealing to goals to somehow prove Neymar is a better player, how many goals did Iniesta score in his best seasons at Barcelona? Or Laudrup before him? Most prolific scorer does not equal best player, surely a Barcelona fan should know this better than others.

If you want to argue Neymar is a better goalscorer than Hazard, know what I'll grant you that. They are different players after all. But that's NOT my argument. Or my initial point. Since you brought up Neymar, then okay. I contend that Hazard is a better footballer than Neymar. He's more talented, he has more ability than the Brazilian and has outperformed him at Chelsea. He's also been more consistent than Neymar. There's no way the Neymar I've seen at Barcelona could do what Hazard has done for Chelsea over the years.

Neymar should be scoring 50 goals in that Barcelona side playing next to Messi and Suarez! He's supposed to have so much space. The media hype him up to be the successor to Messi but he's not nearly as good as Ronaldinho. You claim Hazard scored 19 in 52 but how many of those were him coming off the bench in cup competitions for example? You see, unlike you, I actually watch all of Chelsea's games and I know how good Hazard was that season. That season he was the most creative attacking midfielder in Europe (creating in excess of 100+ chances for his teammates from open play which is still unprecedented since that stat has been compiled. If Hazard had better teammates, he'll have had 30+ assists that season) and established himself as the best dribbler in the world. Neymar scored a lot of tap-ins from Messi's brilliance. I give him credit for actually being a great poacher in 2014/15 but Hazard was more brilliant for Chelsea that season. He was the centre-piece of a title winning team. Neymar scored more goals, yes, but Lampard scored more goals than Iniesta in his prime. Are you going to argue Lampard was better than Iniesta?

The biggest advantage Neymar has over Hazard is that he plays for such an incredibly strong team like Barcelona. In 2014/15, Mourinho at Chelsea packed the bus like mad in the champions league big games. Hazard was essentially made to play as a left back against PSG while Neymar had all the space created by Messi's magic and Luis Suazez's presence to make runs in behind and poach goals. THAT was Neymar's 2014/15 run in a nutshell. I actually watched the games so I know what I'm talking about. What will Neymar have done under similar circumstances Hazard had to deal with under Mourinh's laughably defensive tactics? Nothing! No attacking player would thrive. So let's be fair.

Neymar is top 5? According to who? Maybe in 2014/15 he was but certainly not this season. When you have the same amount goals as Sergio Ramos in the league playing next to Messi and Suarez and when the point of Neymar is supposed to be his goalscoring (according to you appealing to that), then how can you claim with a straight face he's top 5?

But back to Hazard, you claim he doesn't perform anywhere near his potential, yet he's arguably outpeformed Neymar for Barcelona. So what exactly is Hazard's potential according to you? It must be really out of this universe considering what Hazard has already achieved in his career.

Also, 6-0 to Barcelona versus Alaves. Just like 5-1 to Leganes, 5-0 to Las Palmas, 4-0 to Eibar. These are the stat padding games that have inflated Neymar's goalscoring stats while Hazard is picking up the ball from the centre-circle and dribbling past Arsenal's midfield and defence to decide league titles :shakeshead:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
His skillset is limited. Two truly world class things in him are dribbling and ball protection, but he is average in shooting, playmaking, defending his zone and so on.

james baldwin

Why don't I see you guys when Hazard goes quiet for weeks/months?

Because it hardly ever happens? Other than last season, there's never been a time in Hazard's CFC career where he's gone quiet for an extended period of months or even weeks.

The only other case you can argue is in his first season (2012/13) where he was poor in the Christmas period, but it was his first season playing through christmas in a very tough league.

I challenge you to provide any time in Hazard' Chelsea career where:

(1) He was 100% fit

(2) The league title wasn't already decided

And Hazard went quiet for long periods. He just doesn't. He's not like Neymar afterall ;)

Notice I'm not here to berate Neymar or anything. I think he's a very good player just obviously not what he's said to be. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it was the other guy who brought up Ney.

His skillset is limited. Two truly world class things in him are dribbling and ball protection, but he is average in shooting, playmaking, defending his zone and so on.

Playmaking skills? He's been consistently one of the best playmakers in Europe despite not being a pure number 10. In the 2014/15 season, he created more chances from open play than any other player in Europe. At his best, he's literally a walking chance creator. It's just a shame his teammates aren't Messi or Suarez, so he can't have 17 assists by February :D

since 13/14 in PL/LL
Hazard - 282 key passes
Neymar - 209 key passes

Hazard - 304 chances created
Neymar 243 chances created

Decision making? Hazard is easily one of the the most intelligent players I've ever seen. He rarely ever makes bad decisions on the pitch.

Jenks

I'm glad you're bringing up Neymar now since your agenda has been exposed. You laughably downplay Hazard to big up Neymar but that's pathetic.

Since you're appealing to goals to somehow prove Neymar is a better player, how many goals did Iniesta score in his best seasons at Barcelona? Or Laudrup before him? Most prolific scorer does not equal best player, surely a Barcelona fan should know this better than others.

I'm not a Barcelona fan. Hazard and Neymar play wide left, Iniesta is a midfielder.

I contend that Hazard is a better footballer than Neymar. He's more talented, he has more ability than the Brazilian and has outperformed him at Chelsea. He's also been more consistent than Neymar. There's no way the Neymar I've seen at Barcelona could do what Hazard has done for Chelsea over the years.

Neymar should be scoring 50 goals in that Barcelona side playing next to Messi and Suarez! He's supposed to have so much space. The media hype him up to be the successor to Messi but he's not nearly as good as Ronaldinho. You claim Hazard scored 19 in 52 but how many of those were him coming off the bench in cup competitions for example? You see, unlike you, I actually watch all of Chelsea's games and I know how good Hazard was that season. That season he was the most creative attacking midfielder in Europe (creating in excess of 100+ chances for his teammates from open play which is still unprecedented since that stat has been compiled. If Hazard had better teammates, he'll have had 30+ assists that season) and established himself as the best dribbler in the world. Neymar scored a lot of tap-ins from Messi's brilliance. I give him credit for actually being a great poacher in 2014/15 but Hazard was more brilliant for Chelsea that season. He was the centre-piece of a title winning team. Neymar scored more goals, yes, but Lampard scored more goals than Iniesta in his prime. Are you going to argue Lampard was better than Iniesta?

The biggest advantage Neymar has over Hazard is that he plays for such an incredibly strong team like Barcelona. In 2014/15, Mourinho at Chelsea packed the bus like mad in the champions league big games. Hazard was essentially made to play as a left back against PSG while Neymar had all the space created by Messi's magic and Luis Suazez's presence to make runs in behind and poach goals. THAT was Neymar's 2014/15 run in a nutshell. I actually watched the games so I know what I'm talking about. What will Neymar have done under similar circumstances Hazard had to deal with under Mourinh's laughably defensive tactics? Nothing! No attacking player would thrive. So let's be fair.

A lot of hypotheticals and baseless assertion in there, but then there'd have to be wouldn't there? Because the stats side with Neymar. As of last December the highest chances created in Europe were Ozil, Boudebouz, Eriksen, Payet and then Neymar. Hazard wasn't in the top 20.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

If you want to argue Neymar is a better goalscorer than Hazard, know what I'll grant you that. They are different players after all. But that's NOT my argument. Or my initial point. Since you brought up Neymar, then okay. I contend that Hazard is a better footballer than Neymar. He's more talented, he has more ability than the Brazilian and has outperformed him at Chelsea. He's also been more consistent than Neymar. There's no way the Neymar I've seen at Barcelona could do what Hazard has done for Chelsea over the years.

Neymar is top 5? According to who? Maybe in 2014/15 he was but certainly not this season. When you have the same amount goals as Sergio Ramos in the league playing next to Messi and Suarez and when the point of Neymar is supposed to be his goalscoring (according to you appealing to that), then how can you claim with a straight face he's top 5?

But back to Hazard, you claim he doesn't perform anywhere near his potential, yet he's arguably outpeformed Neymar for Barcelona. So what exactly is Hazard's potential according to you? It must be really out of this universe considering what Hazard has already achieved in his career.

Also, 6-0 to Barcelona versus Alaves. Just like 5-1 to Leganes, 5-0 to Las Palmas, 4-0 to Eibar. These are the stat padding games that have inflated Neymar's goalscoring stats while Hazard is picking up the ball from the centre-circle and dribbling past Arsenal's midfield and defence to decide league titles :shakeshead:

lol your "look at me I watch games and I'm smart!" attitude is pathetic.

if wikipedia can ban the daily mail maybe bf should ban those lame chances created stats.
would also take an "arrogant pov" of someone who watches games over a "humble" pov that doesn t but argues with people that do, any day.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Belgium and Chelsea fans have complained about Hazard's inconsistency. I'm pretty sure most of them watches him regularly.

Not sure how we're going to judge Hazard. His overall influence? His stats? Nothing but 'He's far better than Neymar'?

Can say what you want about Neymar and his inconsistency, but he didn't disappear completely an entire season. That's unprecedented for someone who is supposed to be the most impactful player after Messi or ahead of players his age group.

Not sure how we're going to judge Hazard. His overall influence? His stats? Nothing but 'He's far better than Neymar'?

By listening and discussing with people who do watch him regularly, for starters. Some people have pointed out how much ego leads some to want to be right at all costs, but there's also the ego of using squawka or something to (aggressively) contradict a first hand opinion.

I haven't watched him for Belgium (consensus is clearly that he has been inconsistent there) or Chelsea (which seems a lot more debatable according to opinions here)

I do know he was consistently good at Lille as a teenager then young adult. That's a rare thing. Dembelé comes to mind, in terms of precociousness.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
By listening and discussing with people who do watch him regularly, for starters. Some people have pointed out how much ego leads some to want to be right at all costs, but there's also the ego of using squawka or something to (aggressively) contradict a first hand opinion.

I haven't watched him for Belgium (consensus is clearly that he has been inconsistent there) or Chelsea (which seems a lot more debatable according to opinions here)

I do know he was consistently good at Lille as a teenager then young adult. That's a rare thing. Dembelé comes to mind, in terms of precociousness.

The guy who used stats to make it sound like Hazard was some chance creating machine better than most was shot down, not the opposite.

He was consistent and a superstar in making at Lille, but for a player of his stature, he need to start being consistent after progressing to the next level, and that goes for all the 'superstars' of this generation which have been a bit disappointing. A lot of hype, but consistency just not there yet.

The guy who used stats to make it sound like Hazard was some chance creating machine better than most was shot down, not the opposite.

He was consistent and a superstar in making at Lille, but for a player of his stature, he need to start being consistent after progressing to the next level, and that goes for all the 'superstars' of this generation which have been a bit disappointing. A lot of hype, but consistency just not there yet.

Yes, and how I wish the same happened when that stat is used to praise Neymar, who is exactly in the same situation of not scoring while having many "chances created". Hazard also dribbles super well but not too efficiently. They have a lot in common.

Home of Barca Fans