Eden Hazard

Yannik

why would he frustrate anyone? He's not just fast like 80% wingers but actually a decent footballer, confident in possession, great touch, great passer and a goal threat. To me he is similar to Ribery a few years ago.

Hazard

I was on another forum and someone said he does well even while playing for a club that doesn't suit his style. They said Hazard would do better in a team like Barcelona with their tiki taka passing triangles. Little do they know we don't play that way often anymore, sadly.

But my questions to people who see him play often is how would he fit in at Barca and would you trade Neymar for him? I personally think Neymar has a higher individual ceiling but sometimes he doesn't seem like the perfect fit in the classic barca tiki taka style with how he holds onto the ball too long sometimes.

He was literally born to play for Barcelona. His style of play is the very essence of our club's ideals & Cruyff's philosophy.

He's played for counter attacking/defensive sides since he left Lille when he's the definition of a possession footballer. His associative play is out of this world & he doesn't give the ball away at all.

vlad

Where was he last season? Now he starts playing good again, so barca should buy him. He isnt consistent in his form, same as neymar, so why should barca have in a team 2 unconsistent players like neymar and hazard on high salary, like one is not enough, there is suarez also, at least he is tracking back in defence when he is out of form.

Edit: oh its about trading with neymar, no, i dont think hazard would bring much more than neymar, he is also not a great finisher

Last edited:

Jenks

why would he frustrate anyone? He's not just fast like 80% wingers but actually a decent footballer, confident in possession, great touch, great passer and a goal threat. To me he is similar to Ribery a few years ago.

Because most of the time he's not like that. Most of the time he completes a few takes ons and then opts for a safe pass. This is the first season he hasn't gone missing in... yet.

james baldwin

He is mentally weak. The way he downed tools last season was disgraceful and I lost a lot of respect for him then.
Did you also lose a lot of of respect for the entire Chelsea squad with the possible exception of Willian since they were all shit then? Or do you have any special insider info that Hazard allegedly downed tools?

Because most of the time he's not like that. Most of the time he completes a few takes ons and then opts for a safe pass. This is the first season he hasn't gone missing in... yet.

IMG_20170211_061320.jpg

Pretty surprising for someone who goes "missing most of the time".

Player of the year awards in 6 of his 7 last professional seasons, excluding last season when he was carrying a thigh injury for months and played through pain at the behest of the club. Maybe Hazard's fellow pros know something about football you don't, Mr Jenks.

But as always Eden was too humble and didn't use the injury as an excuse for last season.

How can you reconcile that statement with the fact that no one since Hazard has achieved these things in Ligue 1 ?

Because his statements are not about being truthful. Some have their agendas against certain players, which is sad because Hazard really is a genius level footballer and a really nice and humble guy off the pitch.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
View attachment 7056

Player of the year awards in 6 of his 7 last professional seasons, excluding last season when he was carrying a thigh injury for months and played through pain at the behest of the club. Maybe Hazard's fellow pros know something about football you don't, Mr Jenks.

But as always Eden was too humble and didn't use the injury as an excuse for last season while morons still believe the myth he downed tools. Haters gonna hate though.

player of the what

Jenks

Did you also lose a lot of of respect for the entire Chelsea squad with the possible exception of Willian since they were all shit then? Or do you have any special insider info that Hazard allegedly downed tools?

No idea what you're waffling about. I didn't mention last season.

Or maybe the Premier League just doesn't have any players as gifted. That doesn't mean however that he performs anywhere near his potential. Far from having an agenda against him as a butthurt fanboy might suggest, I really rate Hazard's ability, he has the technique and understanding of the game to be among the best players in the world, but he has never ever shown the hunger or desire to get even close to that during his time at Chelsea. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as people like Neymar or Suarez, he would do well to prove himself more valuable than someone like Alexis Sanchez before that.

Last edited:

james baldwin

No idea what you're waffling about. I didn't mention last season.

Or maybe the Premier League just doesn't have any players as gifted. That doesn't mean however that he performs anywhere near his potential. Far from having an agenda against him as a butthurt fanboy might suggest, I really rate Hazard's ability, he has the technique and understanding of the game to be among the best players in the world, but he has never ever shown the hunger or desire to get even close to that during his time at Chelsea. He doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as people like Neymar or Suarez, he would do well to prove himself more valuable than someone like Alexis Sanchez before that.

Is that the same Neymar who Sergio Ramos has been outscored in La Liga this season? Even Marcos Alonso has as many goals as Neymar has from open play this season in the league! Neymar is an inconsistent performer who has been outperformed by Hazard in the vast majority of games for their respective clubs. Hazard has more ability than Neymar. He's more naturally talented. He has more quality. Neymar just has the entourage and the media propaganda behind him. Deep down, most Barcelona fans know he's really not what he's pumped up to be.

Hazard doesn't have the hunger? He hasn't peformed anywhere near his potential? Yet at 19, he took an unfancied Lille side to the title. He carried a Chelsea team with a consistently injured Costa and a post-december out of form Cesc to the league title under one of the most defensive managers in world football! There's no way in hell Neymar could have done for Chelsea what Hazard did for Chelsea that year. When you can barely score goals playing next to Messi and Suarez and when your best season came as a glorified poacher, I have my serious doubts. He'll be spooked by the physicality of English football as well. He's physically weak and flimsy compared to Hazard. Neymar will soon be surpassed by Gabriel Jesus as well.

Now back to Hazard. He's won individual awards everywhere he's been and lauded by his fellow professionals. He's one of the top 10 players in the world anyday of the week. Maybe you rate Hazard's potential even higher than Messi's, since he's done pretty well for himself without allegedly "not performing ANWHERE NEAR his potential. It's funny how Hazard haters talk about what Hazard has not yet done instead of appreciating what he has done already.

Also, it's funny how you shift the goal posts and claim the premier league doesn't have as many gifted players. Thanks for conceding Hazard is the best in his competition.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans