Eden Hazard

Hazard

Like Leo :lol: please be more of a fanboy. Messi is La Liga topscorer at the moment.

Learn the game. Barca create infinitely more chances than Chelsea do & he's one of the greatest goalscorers ever. The fact Messi is still scoring that many goals isn't a slight on Hazard.

Co0ter

Hazard has not played well at all during the CL games he has played. I don't understand him, saying he's not a big game player isn't correct because he plays awesome against big opposition some games. I think it really just depends on whether or not he's in the mood..and that's a player you have to contemplate carefully before inviting onto your team.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Very good player, but Neymar is just a level higher. I do not know why the comparison still exists. Probably because of that EPL hype machine.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Ney is just pure talent brilliance ala south america. Hazard is mechanical, trained product albeit very good. Its a bit similar to Messi Ronaldo comparison when it comes to styles

james baldwin

Kante getting EPL player of year suggests Hazard is not carrying them as much as suggested.

I've watched every single Chelsea game and Hazard has been by far the best player in the team. What he's doing for us is very similar to what Messi does for Barcelona, only with less goals.

The award is a popularity contest. Kante is the latest trend in English football and has gotten hyped to a degree that he was always going to win it. When you hear influential pundits in the English media say Kante is the "best midfielder in the world" and is the "best player in the league", it doesn't matter if it has nothing to do with reality or not. It becomes popular and influences the footballing masses.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I have also watched several Chelsea games and Hazard was the outstanding player most of the time. Mou put Herrera on him who was man marking Hazard all game with some help from Valencia and you saw the consequences of that: 0 chances for Chelsea in the whole game.

JamDav1982

I've watched every single Chelsea game and Hazard has been by far the best player in the team. What he's doing for us is very similar to what Messi does for Barcelona, only with less goals.

The award is a popularity contest. Kante is the latest trend in English football and has gotten hyped to a degree that he was always going to win it. When you hear influential pundits in the English media say Kante is the "best midfielder in the world" and is the "best player in the league", it doesn't matter if it has nothing to do with reality or not. It becomes popular and influences the footballing masses.

It is the other players voting for who they think has been the best player they have come up against in league and it is Kante they chose.

Hazard maybe is their best player but to say he is the one carrying them to the title is wrong. They have many of the best players in the league this year in their team.

I have also watched several Chelsea games and Hazard was the outstanding player most of the time. Mou put Herrera on him who was man marking Hazard all game with some help from Valencia and you saw the consequences of that: 0 chances for Chelsea in the whole game.

That is supposed to be a positive for Hazard? That Herrera can mark him out game?

They went without Hazard yeserday and scored twice vs best defence in league in 60 mins.

JamDav1982

It tells you he is Chelsea's key offensive player.

He probably is but he can be marked out a game by Ander Herrera? He was poor and lazy v Man Utd and the whole shape of team was hit by Alonso pulling out before kick off.

Spurs are probably the best defence in the league and Chelsea scored twice against them yesterday without Hazard in that first 60 mins or so.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
No it was not only Herrera. I even wrote that in my post.
I simplified it anyway. United's pressing was very good and caused all kinds of problems for Chelsea's build up. But Herrera had a special and rather unusual role man marking Hazard all match.

JamDav1982

No it was not only Herrera. I even wrote that in my post.
I simplified it anyway. United's pressing was very good and caused all kinds of problems for Chelsea's build up. But Herrera had a special and rather unusual role man marking Hazard all match.

Herrera was the one who man marked him and Hazard was pretty much slated after the game for making it too easy for him to do it.

Hazard may well be Chelseas best player this season it is very close with him and Kante but it is far from him carrying them.

jamrock

He is excellent, would take him at Barca,not saying it's possible.

The difference between him & Neymar at there very best, isn't as huge as say the difference between busquests and kante at there best.

Home of Barca Fans